Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Perhaps I'm not aware of the true argument at hand. But I don't think each piece will be as big as a game like Witcher. I was just saying final fantasy is not a small game nor universe and to say so is idiotic just as much as it is wrong.

The size of the universe isn't the limiting factor here. Time and money is.

Fred.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
The size of the universe isn't the limiting factor here. Time and money is.

Fred.

Which is exactly why they're releasing it in portions. More money and can give the fans what they want in a more timely fashion.

They wouldn't do this unless they had plans to make this game MASSIVE.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Which is exactly why they're releasing it in portions. More money and can give the fans what they want in a more timely fashion.

You just don't know how games are developed. Making a massive game is easy, in the sense that they can start with a land map that's huge , ala Skyrim, the hard part is laying the models with textures, coding weapons, armor, etc. And even then, you can have a pretty "massive" feeling game (Transformers). The game is already going to be big at anything above 1 gig (not kidding). Without getting into geck files, skyboxes and other jargon, making a map is the "easiest" part. They have a doc on game developing on youtube.

Of course this is no indie developer these guys have had what I can assume is 5 years...Witcher 3 was made in 3.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The problem with that logic is "TW3" is one of the biggest games in history and it fits on one disc.

"Xenoblade Chronicles X" is three times bigger than that, and still fits on one disc.

So clearly size isn't a factor. The reason they're releasing the game in parts is so they can bring them out sooner. And charge more obviously. But neither of those things has any bearing on the size of the parts.

Fred.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
The problem with that logic is "TW3" is one of the biggest games in history and it fits on one disc.

"Xenoblade Chronicles X" is three times bigger than that, and still fits on one disc.

So clearly size isn't a factor. The reason they're releasing the game in parts is so they can bring them out sooner. And charge more obviously. But neither of those things has any bearing on the size of the parts.

Fred.

Well then, wouldn't the most realistic theory be that FF7 would be clearly bigger then those two games?

The FF7 world is clearly bigger then TW3. It's not debatable. Obviously in the original it wasn't fully realized with much of the cities in the games being much less explorable then the actual size square wanted to iterate.

TW3 is fukking huge. But in FF7 you can explore the ocean of much of the world. There's multiple continents as well. Cities like Midgar are portrayed to be larger then Novigrad. I'm not even saying Midgar has to be as open and as giant as its portrayed within the gameplay. But even if it's 20% of it, it'll still be ridiculously huge.

Look if they released FF7 remake with the same limited accessibility of the original,modern gamers would not accept it. Especially after the great open world games of recent times. I honestly think they had a reason for splitting it up, and to me, that reason is because they want to make the game as close to as large as they can to how it's portrayed.

Square has a shyt load of cash cow games coming out within the next two years. They're not making this game just for the money, imo anyway.

Of course I could be wrong, but laughing it off like this is just some money hungry ploy by square and that were clearly going to get jipped, from a company that takes their main line FFs very seriously, doesn't make sense to me. Especially the biggest game in their studio's history.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well then, wouldn't the most realistic theory be that FF7 would be clearly bigger then those two games?

The FF7 world is clearly bigger then TW3. It's not debatable. Obviously in the original it wasn't fully realized with much of the cities in the games being much less explorable then the actual size square wanted to iterate.

TW3 is fukking huge. But in FF7 you can explore the ocean of much of the world. There's multiple continents as well. Cities like Midgar are portrayed to be larger then Novigrad. I'm not even saying Midgar has to be as open and as giant as its portrayed within the gameplay. But even if it's 20% of it, it'll still be ridiculously huge.

Look if they released FF7 remake with the same limited accessibility of the original,modern gamers would not accept it. Especially after the great open world games of recent times. I honestly think they had a reason for splitting it up, and to me, that reason is because they want to make the game as close to as large as they can to how it's portrayed.

Square has a shyt load of cash cow games coming out within the next two years. They're not making this game just for the money, imo anyway.

Of course I could be wrong, but laughing it off like this is just some money hungry ploy by square and that were clearly going to get jipped, from a company that takes their main line FFs very seriously, doesn't make sense to me. Especially the biggest game in their studio's history.

No, that's not realistic at all. "TW3" took 3 years to make and it's one unified game. It cost $81 million.

They aren't going to take "FFVII" and make it into a fully realized world like "TW3". Especially not with multiple parts. If it was one game, I could entertain that thought. It's multiple "full-sized" games.

No offense but you are setting yourself up for disappointment thinking like this.

Fred.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its more profitable to split it up plain and simple.

They could charge 59.99 in 4 years, or anywhere from 9.99 to 19.99 for who know how many episodes. At minimum it would need to be 6 for it to be 60 bucks.

I'll say this kills alot of the hype I have for the game and im in NO means in a rush to play a episodic remake of FFV7

I dont play any of the tell tale games like that either and I love those.

Its a shame because fans finally got what they wanted, but its being served to them in portions.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They could charge 59.99 in 4 years, or anywhere from 9.99 to 19.99 for who know how many episodes. At minimum it would need to be 6 for it to be 60 bucks.

I'll say this kills alot of the hype I have for the game and im in NO means in a rush to play a episodic remake of FFV7

I dont play any of the tell tale games like that either and I love those.

:snoop:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FFVII the game that really put people on to have more than one disc because the game was so large, now doesn't want to do more than one disc(If they even have too) because the game is so large.:mjlol:

Have over a 100gigs of FFVII take up room on your consoles breh.:skip:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
No, that's not realistic at all. "TW3" took 3 years to make and it's one unified game. It cost $81 million.

They aren't going to take "FFVII" and make it into a fully realized world like "TW3". Especially not with multiple parts. If it was one game, I could entertain that thought. It's multiple "full-sized" games.

No offense but you are setting yourself up for disappointment thinking like this.

Fred.

I don't really get why you keep bringing up the 81million. In fact, after a quick Google search that $81 million was the TOTAL cost. Including production and marketing. Original FF7 cost 145 million. Spending a shyt load of money on games has never been an issue with Square.

But anyway, I guess it's just a wait and see argument.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The argument about size is wrong-headed. Square keep talking about density and detail. TW3 was big but often times pretty empty.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

The problem here isnt the size of the city. Im sure Square would have had little issue with adding more pre-rendered backgrounds. The problem is that once you expand the explorable size of the city you have to fill it with reasons for the player to explore. That means you need more side quests, more NPCs, more story, etc........ Did Square have more story elements to add to Midgar? Just having more of the city opened up means nothing if its just you walking around and taking in the sights.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
The problem here isnt the size of the city. Im sure Square would have had little issue with adding more pre-rendered backgrounds. The problem is that once you expand the explorable size of the city you have to fill it with reasons for the player to explore. That means you need more side quests, more NPCs, more story, etc........ Did Square have more story elements to add to Midgar? Just having more of the city opened up means nothing if its just you walking around and taking in the sights.
That's why they're gonna take longer, you can't have Sector 5 be unpopulated with nothing to do.

This game will be HUGE, look at the backgrounds specifically Aerith's Church, all the shyt is squished together, realistically they have to be bigger.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's why they're gonna take longer, you can't have Sector 5 be unpopulated with nothing to do.

This game will be HUGE, look at the backgrounds specifically Aerith's Church, all the shyt is squished together, realistically they have to be bigger.
In order to justify having an entire playable city they are gonna have to severely alter the story. No one wants to do a bunch of random fetch quests or other tacked on shyt.

And realistically that still doesn't make sense. You really think they are gonna drop multiple Witcher 3 sized games?

A company we know is very budget conscious and had trouble getting the green light for one game, suddenly got the green light for 3+ games?

That didn't make sense to me. What makes more sense is that they will break one game down into multiple parts in order to make more money and to fund the game as they go. That's the entire point of episodic gaming.