Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
FF7 was already a full game. All they are saying here is that with each release since they have determined you are getting a "full game" worth of content they will have no problem hitting your pockets for a full game price. This shyt gonna end up in the $200 range for what we paid 50 bucks for in 1997.
Not to mention that a "full game" could mean anything.

I beat the original in 50 hours.

This shyt could be released in 10-15 hour segments, sold for 60 bucks each

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
That's literally as benign as a post can get. I'm not attacking you of course, I'm addressing your optimistic ideology that this is some kind of "different" game outside of FF7. The story hasn't changed, clearly the length hasn't either since they already have three episodes planned and slated. We all know what episodic content means, it means that instead of releasing a full game, they ass fukk you for an "episode" at 20$ a piece...Except that this is a triple A company , not some mom and pop who's out on their luck due to grandpa drowning himself in whiskey casks weekly.

Its utter ass fukking sir, and I for one, will not stand or bend over for it.
They said its going to be the size of a full game how does that translate to 20$ for you?

You are a biggot.
Who are you to predict what a japanese company wants to do with their game.
Why are you trying to impose your western practices and culture. Bigot go play some stupid wrpg aka white role privilege games.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Breh, do you remember final fantasy 7?

There are games with wayyyy more content than ff7, only using one disc.

They have dual layered blu rays with 100 gb capacity.

You think square was thinking about the game being too big, and not about selling the game to you in sections at full price?

I can garenteed that FFXV will release on one disc.

They are not hurting for disc space like you think.

The witcher would like to have a word with you.

What if gold saucer alone is as big as novigrad?

If they were to rescale all the towns to modern standards, think about how big this game will be.

midgar.gif

That's JUST midgar.

Daps
Reppin
Canada

If they were to rescale all the towns to modern standards, think about how big this game will be.

midgar.gif

That's JUST midgar.

It's possible episode 1 could only cover midgar alone. There is a ton of possibilities in a big city like that.

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
SE has struggled since last gen with the transition to HD and getting out product regularly and it shows. The way they handled things like Versus XIII was just terrible.
Versus was an error
XIV was also an error before and they fixed it.
They have their shyt together now but you guys want to keep on harping

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
What if it goes:

Episode 1: FFVII
Episode 2: Crisis Core, Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerebrus (pretty much anything relating to Genesis)
Episode 3: A brand new story when Genesis comes back. Maybe include bits of Advent Children in there

After all. They never really did finish with FFVII's story :yeshrug:

I just can't see them splitting up a game like FFVII. Would be crazy dumb.
Which is what I think and hope will happen bro :banderas:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

midgar.gif

That's JUST midgar.

And what do you mean by modern standards? It doesnt matter how big the city is if you cant go inside every building, and walled off cities is definitely something that is part of modern standards. You couldnt freely walk around Midgar, you were limited to a sector depending on the how far you were in the game and exploring a sector could be as little as 3 screens. If they made that city fully explorable they would need to add a hell of a lot more content to keep it from being a walking simulator.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

midgar.gif

That's JUST midgar.
Other than midgar, the towns in the game were not huge, and novigrad is just one part of witcher.

And your a fool if you think they are gonna rescale everything to be that huge, uou really think midgar will be as big as gta 5?
:martin:

This is how expectations can get ruined, the original ff7 was not a huge game, I don't know why yall think that Square enix are making each town like a full elder scrolls game.
:skip:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What if it goes:

Episode 1: FFVII
Episode 2: Crisis Core, Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerebrus (pretty much anything relating to Genesis)
Episode 3: A brand new story when Genesis comes back. Maybe include bits of Advent Children in there

After all. They never really did finish with FFVII's story :yeshrug:

I just can't see them splitting up a game like FFVII. Would be crazy dumb.
They're doing it with hitman. It's clearly their new business model.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
And what do you mean by modern standards? It doesnt matter how big the city is if you cant go inside every building, and walled off cities is definitely something that is part of modern standards. You couldnt freely walk around Midgar, you were limited to a sector depending on the how far you were in the game and exploring a sector could be as little as 3 screens. If they made that city fully explorable they would need to add a hell of a lot more content to keep it from being a walking simulator.

Other than midgar, the towns in the game were not huge, and novigrad is just one part of witcher.

And your a fool if you think they are gonna rescale everything to be that huge, uou really think midgar will be as big as gta 5?
:martin:

This is how expectations can get ruined, the original ff7 was not a huge game, I don't know why yall think that Square enix are making each town like a full elder scrolls game.
:skip:

I get that and I don't expect them to be completely explorable at that level. There's going to be hidden walls and all that mess. But my point is they are still going to be huge cities for gaming standards. Maybe not as big as Gotham obviously, but it's not going to be like 5 maps with pre rendered backgrounds like the original.

Midgar, gold saucer and Junon are all giant af cities with a shytload of npcs. They weren't big in terms of where you could actually go in the original but by today's gaming standards, they're going to be a lot more explorable. Ff7 is a huge world, the biggest by far if they recreate it without the limited accessibility of the original

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Your child-like naivety is adorable...completely asinine and flaccid, but considered me adore'd by your post.
Those aren't my expectations tbh, but it's possible. People are salty because they don't think each episode will be a full game in terms of content, but if square actually even recreates the world at 50% of its intended size, it'll be fukking giant.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Midgar, gold saucer and Junon are all giant af cities with a shytload of npcs. They weren't big in terms of where you could actually go in the original but by today's gaming standards, they're going to be a lot more explorable. Ff7 is a huge world, the biggest by far if they recreate it without the limited accessibility of the original
But there are games out now that have cities just as big, huge games have been being released for awhile now. Morrowwind came out on the og xbox.

There is no reason that they couldn't release this as one full game instead of multiple parts that we have to buy separate.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Those aren't my expectations tbh, but it's possible. People are salty because they don't think each episode will be a full game in terms of content, but if square actually even recreates the world at 50% of its intended size, it'll be fukking giant.

That's not saying much since games back then weren't even a full gig. In fact, one disk is 434 megs...megs bro. Altogether the entire game was 1.5 gigs. So basically anything above a fukking gig will be considered "giant".