Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Quick question, if Square Enix decided to give the option of buying the entire game with all (presumably) three episodes at the price of $180, would you cop it?:jbhmm:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I'm pretty sure they're gonna rescale all the towns in a big way. It's a remake. And what rpg games nowadays don't have big towns to explore? FFXII did this and that was in the ps2 era. Not sayin every bit of the town has to be explorable, but the overall environment is no doubt gonna be huge.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
That's not saying much since games back then weren't even a full gig. In fact, one disk is 434 megs...megs bro. Altogether the entire game was 1.5 gigs. So basically anything above a fukking gig will be considered "giant".

Exactly. It was giant in 1997, and if was scaled to 2015 standards, it'll still be giant.

Witcher is probably the biggest game today, and they had one giant city, novigrad.

Original FF7 was not nearly as open and big as it should've been because of the lack of technology. You couldn't explore 95% of Midgar for example. In 2015 they do have the technology.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Breh, do you remember final fantasy 7?

There are games with wayyyy more content than ff7, only using one disc.

They have dual layered blu rays with 100 gb capacity.

You think square was thinking about the game being too big, and not about selling the game to you in sections at full price?

I can garenteed that FFXV will release on one disc.

They are not hurting for disc space like you think.

The witcher would like to have a word with you.

Lol @ that.

The Witcher isn't a long game. Straight story is typical RPG length, possibly shorter than typical. The only difference is they add MMO elements to it to stretch it out. Same as Fallout, Dragonage, ect. Fallout 4 and Skyrim is extremely short story wise.

The story of FFVII is massive, especially with the lore of all the other side games and Advent Children.

The FFVII story fully fleshed out would be longer than most RPG's-- not to mention using the FFXV engine, it's understandable that they don't want to condense and restrict the lore to one disc. Like I mention before, even if they were trying to milk it, if that were the case, the optimal time to do so already passed during PS3's era, fresh after the hype from Advent Children. They could have updated the remake and then made AC into it's own game that was a true sequel by now. I think they are being genuine to the fans, unlike when they teased us originally to sell more PS3's.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
But there are games out now that have cities just as big, huge games have been being released for awhile now. Morrowwind came out on the og xbox.

There is no reason that they couldn't release this as one full game instead of multiple parts that we have to buy separate.
I see what you're saying but you also gotta put into consideration all the shy they'll prob have goin on during runtime with all these big areas.

Then again I'm one of the ones that think they'll just be making three different games that will connected than just splitting up FFVII and its world itself :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lol @ that.

The Witcher isn't a long game. Straight story is typical RPG length, possibly shorter than typical. The only difference is they add MMO elements to it to stretch it out. Same as Fallout, Dragonage, ect. Fallout 4 and Skyrim is extremely short story wise.

The story of FFVII is massive, especially with the lore of all the other side games and Advent Children.

The FFVII story fully fleshed out would be longer than most RPG's-- not to mention using the FFXV engine, it's understandable that they don't want to condense and restrict the lore to one disc. Like I mention before, even if they were trying to milk it, if that were the case, the optimal time to do so already passed during PS3's era, fresh after the hype from Advent Children. They could have updated the remake and then made AC into it's own game that was a true sequel by now. I think they are being genuine to the fans, unlike when they teased us originally to sell more PS3's.
The fukk? No it isn't. The actual story is pretty short and straightforward.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Exactly. It was giant in 1997, and if was scaled to 2015 standards, it'll still be giant.

Witcher is probably the biggest game today, and they had one giant city, novigrad.

Original FF7 was not nearly as open and big as it should've been because of the lack of technology. You couldn't explore 95% of Midgar for example. In 2015 they do have the technology.

Everything was "giant" back then, mainly due to space constraints. So even bad games had at least 2 disks. We're talking about a time where you had to buy "mega-memory cards" for sports games. You really can't scale that with today's technology. Megatextures alone can have 20gig game going up to 40gigs (Wolfenstein). Too many variables in this age. They simply weren't using the same tech as today, so its moot.

Keep in mind that the Witcher 3 for example is 50gs, that's a giant game, which took three years to make. Squenix has had more time to develop and we're getting episodes? They're making a short game feel longer via lay away.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All i'm gonna say is.....

FFXV is going to be on one disc....what's the difference? :mjpls: are they implying there's more effort being lut into the FFVII remake than FFXV? :mjpls:
Right, did you see the world map for FFXV? Its open world with no rails.

FFXVMapNoted2.png

final-fantasy-XV-world-map.jpg

But we are suppose to believe that a 1997 game that wasn't open world and isn't going to be open world in the remake become some-how too much to put in one game. :mjlol:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if gold saucer alone is as big as novigrad?

If they were to rescale all the towns to modern standards, think about how big this game will be.

midgar.gif

That's JUST midgar.
I love when people post pictures of an entire game city but fail to mention that you can not go inside all of the 8 sectors or all of the upper levels of the city and most of the building you can even enter. :dead:

But but but in the picture it LOOKS BIG:dahell:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They said its going to be the size of a full game how does that translate to 20$ for you?

You are a biggot.
Who are you to predict what a japanese company wants to do with their game.
Why are you trying to impose your western practices and culture. Bigot go play some stupid wrpg aka white role privilege games.
I'm lost on why anyone needs to be called a biggot in this thread.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol @ that.

They aren't using the FFXV engine, they are using Unreal 4