Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My problem is that the game and everything in it has already been experienced. Then to cut it up in pieces and feed it back to consumers leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not going to accept that this is good business practice. My problem is that each game, if it had a world map, will place invisible walls around what is allowed for you to play with that purchase when you already know how to story is going to end is complete bullshyt.
Idk, dirge of cerberus and crisis core were separate games. Remaking them all under the FFVII name isn't bad IMO.

Daps
Reppin
Canada

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
What if it goes:

Episode 1: FFVII
Episode 2: Crisis Core, Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerebrus (pretty much anything relating to Genesis)
Episode 3: A brand new story when Genesis comes back. Maybe include bits of Advent Children in there

After all. They never really did finish with FFVII's story :yeshrug:

I just can't see them splitting up a game like FFVII. Would be crazy dumb.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Looks like the episodes will be as large as a full game.:lupe:
http://kotaku.com/sounds-like-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-episod-1746564216

Calling it now, Episode 1 FF7r

Episode 2: Crisis Core

Episode 3: Dirge of Cerberus.

You do know how big Blu-Rays are right? What am I talking about....we live in the digital age...wherein one can download any set amount of gigs so long as they have the storage. If you think they're gonna be as long as a "full game", I have a bridge to sell you.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Final Fantasy 7 remake will be bigger than the original, made in Unreal Engine 4

:banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:

fukk you nikkas who doubt the square gwads and didn't forgive them for their sins

:wow:

Of course its gonna be bigger, megatextures son, learn about em. Also; uncompressed sound files, they're using voice actors, a lot of bloat.

They're already commencing with said aforementioned ass fukking with charging for episodic content of a game that has been beat time and time again by said fans of the series. It is indeed a business, a business of ass fukking and nickel and dime.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The original version on PSX was three discs. It makes sense to make each of those discs an episode.
No it doesn't make sense, the original was on 3 disc because of storage limits at the time, not because of the extreme length and content of the game.

Metal gear solid was two disc and that was 10 hour AT MOST

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
No it doesn't make sense, the original was on 3 disc because of storage limits at the time, not because of the extreme length and content of the game.

Metal gear solid was two disc and that was 10 hour AT MOST

Yeah it does. They have the same issue they did in the past. There is no way they will be able to fit all that content with the FFXV engine, especially if they plan on adding content, cut scenes, and story into one disc. I don't think FFXV will be one disc, and that won't be nearly as long story wise.

You guys are parroting this narrative that Square is trying to milk the product for every dime, they could've been done that if that was the case. They could have made 10 Advent Children's by now and they all would have sold. If they make the game into three episodes what's the big deal? The same people complaining have no problem buying COD yearly, and playing Destiny with its quarterly DLC that you have to buy in order to keep playing.

There's no proof that Square is doing this for any other reason then genuine time and effort.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yeah it does. They have the same issue they did in the past. There is no way they will be able to fit all that content with the FFXV engine, especially if they plan on adding content, cut scenes, and story into one disc. I don't think FFXV will be one disc, and that won't be nearly as long story wise.

You guys are parroting this narrative that Square is trying to milk the product for every dime, they could've been done that if that was the case. They could have made 10 Advent Children's by now and they all would have sold. If they make the game into three episodes what's the big deal? The same people complaining have no problem buying COD yearly, and playing Destiny with its quarterly DLC that you have to buy in order to keep playing.

There's no proof that Square is doing this for any other reason then genuine time and effort.
Breh, do you remember final fantasy 7?

There are games with wayyyy more content than ff7, only using one disc.

They have dual layered blu rays with 100 gb capacity.

You think square was thinking about the game being too big, and not about selling the game to you in sections at full price?

I can garenteed that FFXV will release on one disc.

They are not hurting for disc space like you think.

The witcher would like to have a word with you.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Looks like the episodes will be as large as a full game.:lupe:
http://kotaku.com/sounds-like-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-episod-1746564216

Calling it now, Episode 1 FF7r

Episode 2: Crisis Core

Episode 3: Dirge of Cerberus.

FF7 was already a full game. All they are saying here is that with each release since they have determined you are getting a "full game" worth of content they will have no problem hitting your pockets for a full game price. This shyt gonna end up in the $200 range for what we paid 50 bucks for in 1997.