Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Although Square wouldn’t go into too many details—and they wouldn’t say how many episodes FFVII REMAKE will be—they did send over this statement:

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

for better or worse it looks like FF7Remake is gonna become an IP all on it's own with a bunch of games

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
I love when people post pictures of an entire game city but fail to mention that you can not go inside all of the 8 sectors or all of the upper levels of the city and most of the building you can even enter. :dead:

But but but in the picture it LOOKS BIG:dahell:
Exactly I mentioned that. But that's not the standard in 2015. If square remakes it without all the limited accessibility it'll be giant as shyt. Honestly it could easily be over 100 gigs. But my only point is, this episodic dilemma is justifiable if they recreate it where you can actually explore the majority of the cities, not 5% of it like in the original

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The fukk? No it isn't. The actual story is pretty short and straightforward.

Bullshyt. FFVII full script would be like Lord Of The Rings. Just Midgar would be movie length. Advent Children alone was an hour and a half.

If we're talking script, there aren't too many games longer than the FF series.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bullshyt. FFVII full script would be like Lord Of The Rings. Just Midgar would be movie length. Advent Children alone was an hour and a half.

If we're talking script, there aren't too many games longer than the FF series.
You are bugging right now due to nostalgia.

I already posted a YouTube video of all the story sequences and it clocked in at ~50 minutes. Plenty of games have had much more dialog than ff7

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I love when people post pictures of an entire game city but fail to mention that you can not go inside all of the 8 sectors or all of the upper levels of the city and most of the building you can even enter. :dead:

But but but in the picture it LOOKS BIG:dahell:

Yeah let's ignore the storyline of FFVII to make an argument on milking a product. You couldn't explore a lot of midgar because it got destroyed, or did you forget that? The city was under siege when you start the game. You basically were living in the ghetto, which is why Aerith stood out in the first place.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
You are bugging right now due to nostalgia.

I already posted a YouTube video of all the story sequences and it clocked in at ~50 minutes. Plenty of games have had much more dialog than ff7

You just said it yourself! How foolish do you sound right now. A condensed youtube video of a nothing but script from a game that came out in 1997 clocked in at an hour? Think about that for a second. Now add the lore from all the other games since, plus AC. Now flesh out and update all the locations, events, gameplay, and add EVEN MORE content. Lol you guys just wanna argue to argue. I can easily see why they'd want to make it into episodes. I'd honestly be more worried if they simply said they will do a lazy crappy HD update instead of a full on remake. I'm actually more excited for the final product.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You just said it yourself! How foolish do you sound right now. A condensed youtube video of a nothing but script from a game that came out in 1997 clocked in at an hour? Think about that for a second. Now add the lore from all the other games since, plus AC. Now flesh out and update all the locations, events, gameplay, and add EVEN MORE content. Lol you guys just wanna argue to argue. I can easily see why they'd want to make it into episodes. I'd honestly be more worried if they simply said they will do a lazy crappy HD update instead of a full on remake. I'm actually more excited for the final product.
You talked about dialog in the one game. Now you've moved the goalposts to talking about multiple games and movies.

For comparison

‘The Witcher 3’s’ Script Was Longer than Four Novels

Witcher 3 dialog is more than 4 novels worth with 950 speaking rolls.

That's much more than what's in FF7.

Claiming it's not is just your nostalgia speaking.

Witcher 3 also had 3 huge locals, and a huge open world to explore with dozens of small towns and dungeons. FF7 could very well be done in one game.

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Where are they talking shyt about Japanese culture?
They are a Japanese company, they have their way of doing business. If you don't agree with it because , you are a culture appropriating bigot who wants impose the way of doing business here in America to them.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah let's ignore the storyline of FFVII to make an argument on milking a product. You couldn't explore a lot of midgar because it got destroyed, or did you forget that? The city was under siege when you start the game. You basically were living in the ghetto, which is why Aerith stood out in the first place.
Only one sector was destroyed when the pillar fell. The story isn't even great and has a lot of confusion to it. It was never explained why the hell you fight someone at the end who has wings and looks like an angel or why half the shyt is going on until you watch YouTube videos explaining everything