Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
because that's game isn't modern. FF7 was polygonal characters over pre-rendered backgrounds. For them to make that modern they have to go through and create all those environments in real time. Make the cut scenes more than just a polygonal character standing still over what amounts to a still picture. They can't stitch that stuff together from recycled assets like these WRPGs can. People are gonna expect the level of detail from that trailer through the whole game.
Like I said its been done I other games. you just said wrpg cut scenes are just standing listening to dialog, well that was probably at least 50% of the time spent playing the original FF7. The level of detail in the trailer, is no more than any other modern game. FF13 was 40+ hours long with that level of detail.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The first 1/2 of Dragon Age takes longer to complete than the entirety of FF7. Lots of cutscenes and complex animations in that game. If you really think updating source material with 40 hours of content is going to result in THREE episodes you are on wild drugs. Final Fantasy 7 isn't "wide" open chock full of content and a ton of sidequests. Even with a massive graphics overhaul it isn't going to be some 100 gig monster. 60 hours? :mjlol: Even the most technical of PS4 and Xbox games haven't been on the scale of what you're dreaming. The only way is if Square is adding in material that's on the size of another 2 games.

What 'unique assets' in FF7 are taking up space of the magnitude that are gigs worth of data? There is nothing in FF7 that is going to take up that much space. The game is not long at all, especially compared to modern RPG standards. The biggest content on games are typically the engines, textures, and models. CGI and videos are next in line and none of that is approaching 25 gigs on current games. If the original FF7 was 40-60 hours of content then what we'd be getting is a ton of movies and cutscenes and little gameplay. That's the only other way they'd fill out 75 or 150 gigs worth of content short of making new games' worth of material. The OG FF7 having 3 discs has nothing to do with it.
Dragon Age has about a 15 hour campaign if you only doing the main missions. Dragon Age is padded to the brim by MMO style side quest there you run through open fields and find old ladies wedding rings and kill monsters or heard sheep back to a farmer. Dragon Age doesn't have a 60 hour main story.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Like I said its been done I other games. you just said wrpg cut scenes are just standing listening to dialog, well that was probably at least 50% of the time spent playing the original FF7. The level of detail in the trailer, is no more than any other modern game. FF13 was 40+ hours long with that level of detail.
FF13 didn't even have towns. Start naming games that are modern games that are the same scale of Final Fantasy 7 with 60 hour main stories and the same level of detail you saw in that trailer through the game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
FF13 didn't even have towns. Start naming games that are modern games that are the same scale of Final Fantasy 7 with 60 hour main stories and the same level of detail you saw in that trailer through the game.
How do you know this game will have towns and a 60 hour main story?

FF7 the og version absolutely did not have a 60 hour story.

you are the one making shyt up.

I've already given examples of games that have a larger scale than FF7

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Y'all are super emotional. We don't even know what context nikkas mean episodic. Technically, crisis core was episodic. Metal Gear Solid V is episodic. Even if they skip bullshyt like Kalm and say "end of chapter one" it's episodic.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Dragon Age has about a 15 hour campaign if you only doing the main missions. Dragon Age is padded to the brim by MMO style side quest there you run through open fields and find old ladies wedding rings and kill monsters or heard sheep back to a farmer. Dragon Age doesn't have a 60 hour main story.

Don't take a few quests and try to act like that's the entire game. Main story is far longer than FF7 "if only doing the main missions". FF7 is literally Midgard intro + Avalanche, Sephiroth + Jenova storyline, and the final disc which is Northern Crater and that's it. The game is not long. It is 1.5 GB TOTAL. And updating it to current graphics isn't some whopping jump in size that no one can develop for on one disc. That's bs. Like I said - they have to be adding much more content than just the original FF7 if that's the case short of putting in a bunch of movies (which would be bulllshyt).

But I'ma let yall cook. As long as this shyt IS just more than PS1 FF7 I'll give it a serious look.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How do you know this game will have towns and a 60 hour main story?

FF7 the og version absolutely did not have a 60 hour story.

you are the one making shyt up.

I've already given examples of games that have a larger scale than FF7
I played the damn game. It took 50-60 hours to complete the story of it. But let's drop that to say 40. A 40 hour game back then is different than a modern 40 hour game. Final Fantasy 7 isn't a Tales of game where you run back and forth between the same cities over and over and track through huge open fields between them. Games back then had more content than games today simply because the development cost exploded in the HD generation and developers used all sorts of tricks to recycle assets and minimize development.

I mean do you want cut corners or a full scale remake?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I played the damn game. It took 50-60 hours to complete the story of it. But let's drop that to say 40. A 40 hour game back then is different than a modern 40 hour game. Final Fantasy 7 isn't a Tales of game where you run back and forth between the same cities over and over and track through huge open fields between them. Games back then had more content than games today simply because the development cost exploded in the HD generation and developers used all sorts of tricks to recycle assets and minimize development.

I mean do you want cut corners or a full scale remake?
It takes 50+ hours to beat plenty of modern games.

you deflect from that by saying most of that was filler or fetch quests. In ff7 the filler and fetch quests are grinding, reading dialog, and being lost without an idea of where to go(exploration) If we remove that filler the game is under 20 hours if not shorter. FF7 absolutely does not have more content than a modern game unless you wanna call running through the woods looking for yufie "content"

yes I want a full remake. which could be done. Believing their PR of 'we couldn't do it' is not something im willing to belive.

Just think of it from a common sense standpoint. We know nothing about Final Fantasy or square.

A Company spends 15 years talking about how the cant do a project. That company finally announces not only are they finally goanna do it, they're gonna do 3+ of them.

Common sense would say that they are just breaking the one product into multiple parts, as apposed to making 3+ full versions of said product.

Now add in the fact that we know square has been very budget conscious over the last decade. and you really think they got greenlit for 3 full fledged 60 hour games? That's not likely at all. They take 5-10 years to build these games. So you're saying they are gonna spend 15-30+ years making this one?

My bullshyt meter is going crazy right now :smh:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Are you fukking serious :why:

Lemme stop this nonsense right now. FF7 on the PS1 was a 1.5GB game. The PS4 can read dual layered Blu Rays up to a max of 50.1GB without even touching the PS4s internal storage or processing power.

But you mean to tell me a game from 97 that couldn't even touch 60 hours of gameplay is gonna outdo modern games with 150+ that FIT on a single layered 25GB disc?

Square would have to be making multiple games here, not episodes based on the core FF7 game alone.
I'm baffled that this is a tech forum that doesn't even understand why games were split up back in the day. It was never so much games were HUGE as it was CDs couldn't hold as much as you thought they did. :mindblown:

And yall call people impatient, but I have no problem waiting until like 2020 or whatever the fukk for an entire game in 1 piece....it's been 18 years at this point. :yeshrug:

Get gaffled brehs

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
because that's game isn't modern. FF7 was polygonal characters over pre-rendered backgrounds. For them to make that modern they have to go through and create all those environments in real time. Make the cut scenes more than just a polygonal character standing still over what amounts to a still picture. They can't stitch that stuff together from recycled assets like these WRPGs can. People are gonna expect the level of detail from that trailer through the whole game.

Thing is, nobody said they had to create all those assets in full 3d to update the game. They could have gone the RE route and had HD pre-rendered backgrounds and people would have been happy. I havent seen anyone disappointed by the RE backgrounds. So sounds to me they creating a problem they didnt need to.

They didnt need to change the battle system to this real time hybrid they have been using lately either. People would have been perfectly happy with the original system or one updated to FFX.

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dear Square,

Here's a mother fukking solution.

World map, stick to it, don't waste time on a huge open World, WIN WIN, we get our nostalgic world map back, you save a year on developing a huge open World which IMO isn't necessary and will also save a couple dozen millions of dollars of Dev, I'm fully fine with a World map and can't even envision walking and grinding 30 minutes everytime I go somewhere.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Man if FF7 was remade to modern standards, it would be the biggest world in any game by FAR.

Golden Saucer and Midgar alone were ridiculously HUGE. Not to mention you can explore the ocean of the entire DAMN MAP! Even towns like Junon, which was portrayed as a giant ass city, would have much higher standards today. Junon in 1997 was pretty much 3 screen stills. It's not going to be like that today

Ya'll are seriously forgetting how giant this game is. There's 10-15 towns, all by modern standards would be damn near equivalent to the castle in Skellige from Witcher. Actually in mind, they'd have to be bigger, especially if they keep their promise about not cutting corners. It's not just one giant world map.

And that's just the scale. FF7 has so much content, I really can't blame them for this decision. Of course they can still fukk it all up, but I'd rather be optimistic.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Man if FF7 was remade to modern standards, it would be the biggest world in any game by FAR.

Golden Saucer and Midgar alone were ridiculously HUGE. Not to mention you can explore the ocean of the entire DAMN MAP! Even towns like Junon, which was portrayed as a giant ass city, would have much higher standards today. Junon in 1997 was pretty much 3 screen stills. It's not going to be like that today

Ya'll are seriously forgetting how giant this game is. There's 10-15 towns, all by modern standards would be damn near equivalent to the castle in Skellige from Witcher. Actually in mind, they'd have to be bigger, especially if they keep their promise about not cutting corners. It's not just one giant world map.

And that's just the scale. FF7 has so much content, I really can't blame them for this decision. Of course they can still fukk it all up, but I'd rather be optimistic.

Jesus fukking christ :snoop:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of emotional as nikkas here :dame:

The creaters said they won't compromise on quality, won't remove stuff, there adding new content, fighting system still with atb looking gawd like,....

.....What more do you motherfukkers want :what:
This and if people are so upset then look Sony even dropped the smoothed out ff7 on the ps4 over the weekend, go play that