Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Well FF7 was pretty linear of a game in itself. The only reason why it didn't feel that way was due to the big ass map, but for the most part (especially the beginning), there were only so many places you could go. Also, they won't do a 13 lol, that'd be Death by Suicide, and Square knows it. They've been shook all this time to go do this, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go and do that. They know what needs to be done.
Being linear in progression is a big difference from being funneled down one path. In the original even though story sequences were linear, you always had a choice and a place to explore. From what they are saying it seems like this will play out more like a modern action game where you just go through and beat the levels.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt is a convenient excuse. They could make it all one game if they wanted to.

If it really needs to be in pieces, I want a full budget 40+ hour JRPG out of each game. Full towns to explore, dialog choices, loot system, Armor and weapons should be visible when equipped, etc, etc.

If not, then they are full of shyt.

How dafuq do you know what they can and can't do? And how dafuq do you know they won't have 50 hours of content with all the trimmings? :martin:

Basically you don't know shyt as usual.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Being linear in progression is a big difference from being funneled down one path. In the original even though story sequences were linear, you always had a choice and a place to explore. From what they are saying it seems like this will play out more like a modern action game where you just go through and beat the levels.

A lot of shyt is up in the air, breh. All we can do now is wait and hope for the best. :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How dafuq do you know what they can and can't do? And how dafuq do you know they won't have 50 hours of content with all the trimmings? :martin:

Basically you don't know shyt as usual.
I know there's 100+ hour RPGs out there that don't need to be split up.

Like I said if each is a full budget game, then its justified. I just don't see them making 3 full budget games when they are so slow and reluctant to even make one

Where did they say that. :comeon:
"FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.“

This does not sound like a classic FF game with an overworld, towns, etc. And looking at the gameplay they showed, it does not look like a very explorable world. It looks like the corridors of ff13

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
FF7 on PS1 with no internal storage compared to a modern system on Blu Ray discs with internal system storage...come on. They already have the source material and the game isn't going to be big enough to outdo truly massive maps like GTA 5 or Fallout 4. Ff7 had less places to explore than Dragon Age. Unless they are adding a fukk ton of locations or really make multiple GAMES off the same engine then it makes no sense to have 3 episodes priced at $60. The original FF7 could be beaten in less than 40 hours easily. Games like GTA 5/Fallout 4/DA:I are easily 150+ hours of content and they fit on one disc. GTFOH.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I know there's 100+ hour RPGs out there that don't need to be split up.

Like I said if each is a full budget game, then its justified. I just don't see them making 3 full budget games when they are so slow and reluctant to even make one

"FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.“

This does not sound like a classic FF game with an overworld, towns, etc. And looking at the gameplay they showed, it does not look like a very explorable world. It looks like the corridors of ff13

You jumping to some serious conclusions here based off nothing but your emotions.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People beg for a remake and finally they get one and now all they can do is bytch about it. Square went on and on about how this wasn't a feasible project and I agreed with them. That scale of a game being completely updated to modern standards would take far too long to develop. I honestly believe it would be difficult to finish in a single console generation.

They're likely splitting the development between teams who will develop different sections of the game concurrently and they'll put them out piece by piece. I have no issues with this. Considering how long Versus XIII was in development only to get canceled I'd rather they do it this way.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
It's based of the available information.

Your defense of the shyt is out of your emotions.

What information implied that there would be no overworld or towns and play like FFXIII?

I'm not defending anything. I'm pointing out that we don't know how the game will be layed out to jump towards conclusions like this.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
People beg for a remake and finally they get one and now all they can do is bytch about it. Square went on and on about how this wasn't a feasible project and I agreed with them. That scale of a game being completely updated to modern standards would take far too long to develop. I honestly believe it would be difficult to finish in a single console generation.

They're likely splitting the development between teams who will develop different sections of the game concurrently and they'll put them out piece by piece. I have no issues with this. Considering how long Versus XIII was in development only to get canceled I'd rather they do it this way.

Are you fukking serious :why:

Lemme stop this nonsense right now. FF7 on the PS1 was a 1.5GB game. The PS4 can read dual layered Blu Rays up to a max of 50.1GB without even touching the PS4s internal storage or processing power.

But you mean to tell me a game from 97 that couldn't even touch 60 hours of gameplay is gonna outdo modern games with 150+ that FIT on a single layered 25GB disc?

Square would have to be making multiple games here, not episodes based on the core FF7 game alone.

Last edited: