Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
barret2.png

ff7rhythmo1s6l.jpg

ff7-haeeyzssqk.jpg

ff7getinfools15sk9.jpg

ff7sidownqzsz0.jpg

ff7vermincgsmt.jpg

ff7swearing09s03.jpg

ff7spikeyassgusjr.jpg

ff7skinnyassaast0.jpg

This is what the fucc i mean :martin: it was way worse nicca...i know what i'm talking about, sit down

The cherry on top for this fuccery is in the original japanese version Barret doesn't talk like this at all...he's the only person on the ff7 planet that speaks in ebonics (it'd be ok if it was a village dialect thing) and the US translator specifically re wrote his dialogue as an exaggerated mr t :mjpls:

So yes...much worse than FFVIIR

Stall him out Deebo! :damn:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
barret2.png

ff7rhythmo1s6l.jpg

ff7-haeeyzssqk.jpg

ff7getinfools15sk9.jpg

ff7sidownqzsz0.jpg

ff7vermincgsmt.jpg

ff7swearing09s03.jpg

ff7spikeyassgusjr.jpg

ff7skinnyassaast0.jpg

This is what the fucc i mean :martin: it was way worse nicca...i know what i'm talking about, sit down

The cherry on top for this fuccery is in the original japanese version Barret doesn't talk like this at all...he's the only person on the ff7 planet that speaks in ebonics (it'd be ok if it was a village dialect thing) and the US translator specifically re wrote his dialogue as an exaggerated mr t :mjpls:

So yes...much worse than FFVIIR

First of all. fukk you nikkas for shyttin on Barrett, with the most dynamic and interesting arc of all pc's in ff7. The original comment was talking specifically about voice acting. You can't have cringe voice acting in a game with zero voice actors. It's retarded to think that even makes sense.

Second. You're fukking wrong about him being the only one on the planet who spoke in ebonics. He was from Corel, a poor mining town, and other NPCs there didn't always use proper English. Also, foul mouthed Cid spoke with slang on occasion too.

final-fantasy-vii-cid-2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

tfrxhn8pgs841.jpg

north_corel_PS.png

Barrett is the realest character... hell, maybe in the entire franchise. Put some mahfukkin respekt on his name. :birdman:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
No... just no bruh. Everybody here likes Barrett, but nah bruh his character arc is not the most interesting or dynamic.

Barrett goes from a one-dimensional, stereotypical Mr. T clone, to an introspective and insightful hero, fighting to save the planet solely for his adopted daughter. Who else's story comes even close?! He shows himself not to be the tap-dancing dummy some are making him seem.

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all. fukk you nikkas for shyttin on Barrett, with the most dynamic and interesting arc of all pc's in ff7. The original comment was talking specifically about voice acting. You can't have cringe voice acting in a game with zero voice actors. It's retarded to think that even makes sense.

Second. You're fukking wrong about him being the only one on the planet who spoke in ebonics. He was from Corel, a poor mining town, and other NPCs there didn't always use proper English. Also, foul mouthed Cid spoke with slang on occasion too.

final-fantasy-vii-cid-2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

tfrxhn8pgs841.jpg

north_corel_PS.png

Barrett is the realest character... hell, maybe in the entire franchise. Put some mahfukkin respekt on his name. :birdman:
No. FUCC YOU for accepting clown sh't.

I can't stand niccas like you. Just wilfully accept the dumb sh't.

No one here dislikes Barret, but don't try to get at us because we can compartmentalise and you can't.

And Cid didn't speak in ebonics. He spoke like a hillbilly redneck. Did I say Barret was the only character that had shades to him that were in a way fucced up? Cid's an abuser ffs.

And who gives a fucc about how you feel what should and shouldn't be discussed. The nuance to the point about the voice acting was whoever felt the voice acting was fucced up, we was letting them know the original sctipt dialogue was worse so kick back and chill.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Barrett goes from a one-dimensional, stereotypical Mr. T clone, to an introspective and insightful hero, fighting to save the planet solely for his adopted daughter. Who else's story comes even close?! He shows himself not to be the tap-dancing dummy some are making him out as.
No ones doing that or feels that way :mindblown:

Are you incapable of having a multilayered discussion?

Did I not say Japanese Barret doesn't have any ebonics or bombastic stsreotyping??? :heh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Did I not say Japanese Barret doesn't have any ebonics or bombastic stsreotyping??? :heh:

I think that’s where the problem is. Because Barret still acts like a goofy over the top type of character in the japanese version, then you mix in the ebonics in the wester release with the over the top ness and it because c00nish

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Barrett goes from a one-dimensional, stereotypical Mr. T clone, to an introspective and insightful hero, fighting to save the planet solely for his adopted daughter. Who else's story comes even close?! He shows himself not to be the tap-dancing dummy some are making him seem.

Literally every other character has that kind of character growth bro, do you even know what all Cloud went through and was still going through after the game?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
No. FUCC YOU for accepting clown sh't.

I can't stand niccas like you. Just wilfully accept the dumb sh't.

No one here dislikes Barret, but don't try to get at us because we can compartmentalise and you can't.

And Cid didn't speak in ebonics. He spoke like a hillbilly redneck. Did I say Barret was the only character that had shades to him that were in a way fucced up? Cid's an abuser ffs.

And who gives a fucc about how you feel what should and shouldn't be discussed. The nuance to the point about the voice acting was whoever felt the voice acting was fucced up, we was letting them know the original sctipt dialogue was worse so kick back and chill.

Lmao @ your anger. Explain to me what "dumb shyt I'm wilfully accepting?"

I never said you disliked Barrett, but you did agree with the sentiment that he was a clown in the original. A clown how??

How exactly do you know Cid "sounded" fundamentally different than Barrett?

Personally, I imagined them both having American southern accents; one black, one white. I never recognized the way that they spoke as having much difference, so I'm willing to admit I overlooked something. They were both over the top, and foul mouthed. So why does the black character sound like a clown to you, but the white one sounds like a rednck?

What the hell are you talking about with "how I feel what shouldn't be discussed?" I think you're having a conversation with someone else.

The real problem here is the sloppiness of your thinking... you're conflating the way an actor's voice sounds with the actual script that is written and we're talking apples and oranges here. My original point was (which was in agreement with the person I replied to) that it didn't matter what the actual script said ... the VOICE ACTOR himself made Barret sound cringey AF because of how he sounded and how the lines were delievered. You can say you think the script is worse, but you can't say the voice acting was worse because there WAS NO voice acting. Those are two different areas of critique and you are literally retarded if you can't see the difference.

Last edited:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Literally every other character has that kind of character growth bro, do you even know what all Cloud went through and was still going through after the game?

Really? Yuffie had that kind of growth? Cait Sith? Red XII? Vincent?

Stop it man. Yes, maybe besides the main protagonist, no other player character had as interesting of a story, or growth as Barret Wallace. Every other character... what a joke.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

Barret is never gonna be T'Challa.

And that's okay

Bruh even I knew as a kid how Barrett was written that they could have gotten across they point in a better way than making him talk and look like Mr. T and shyt. He a cool character, but he aint no better or worse than the others, with the exception of the big 3(Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith).

This game was ridiculous though, look at the humor in this game they used, it had the main character cross dressing and almost getting date raped and shyt, this game actually pushed the limits for it's time. A lot of people forget, at the time of it's release, while it was popular it was also divisive among the Final Fantasy fan community. A lot of people wanted the games to stay the same as they had been(generic like Dragon Quest) and this was the first game that changed shyt up and completely subverted expectations.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Bruh even I knew as a kid how Barrett was written that they could have gotten across they point in a better way than making him talk and look like Mr. T and shyt. He a cool character, but he aint no better or worse than the others, with the exception of the big 3(Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith).

This game was ridiculous though, look at the humor in this game they used, it had the main character cross dressing and almost getting date raped and shyt, this game actually pushed the limits for it's time. A lot of people forget, at the time of it's release, while it was popular it was also divisive among the Final Fantasy fan community. A lot of people wanted the games to stay the same as they had been(generic like Dragon Quest) and this was the first game that changed shyt up and completely subverted expectations.
I thought the big three was Barret, Tifa, and Cloud. That’s mine at least.

:mjgrin::mjgrin: