Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Lol I can already see nostalgia in full effect :mjlol: unlike y'all I didn't play this game when it came out or ever so yeah, at this point the only character name I knew off rip before I played was sepiroth.

There's a certain level of camp that I can deal with but the voice acting for Barrett was over the top for the whole 1st mission, shyt started being cringeworthy after a certain point.

Not sure how far you are into the game and I'll say something without spoiling what comes after pt1 but should already be clear like early on/midway through Remake:

He does that on purpose.

He's putting on an act to both inspire his team and deal with his own trauma. Shyt is way deeper than that but you have to know his story beyond remake. Remake shows at least this though, pretty much as soon as Marlene shows up so like chapter 2 already.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Lol I can already see nostalgia in full effect :mjlol: unlike y'all I didn't play this game when it came out or ever so yeah, at this point the only character name I knew off rip before I played was sepiroth.

There's a certain level of camp that I can deal with but the voice acting for Barrett was over the top for the whole 1st mission, shyt started being cringeworthy after a certain point.

You right. He sounded much cooler in my 10-year-old head playing the original. Remake Barrett is :gucci: status.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
8cc18e9f-8baa-450f-9786-81004cea70e2-final-fantasy-vii-remake_20200328024616.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Barrett-pizza.jpg

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Since it's free from PSN I started playing this and I really like it. I never played the OG FFVII cuz I was never a fan of turn-style combat, so the story is actually pretty new to me outside of what I know about through cultural osmosis.

I wished the game had a photo mode cuz it looks great. I want to take screenshots w/o the HUD showing.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Since it's free from PSN I started playing this and I really like it. I never played the OG FFVII cuz I was never a fan of turn-style combat, so the story is actually pretty new to me outside of what I know about through cultural osmosis.

I wished the game had a photo mode cuz it looks great. I want to take screenshots w/o the HUD showing.
Photo mode will be available for the PS5 version.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: fukk you mean? There were no voice actors in the original ... only text.

barret2.png

ff7rhythmo1s6l.jpg

ff7-haeeyzssqk.jpg

ff7getinfools15sk9.jpg

ff7sidownqzsz0.jpg

ff7vermincgsmt.jpg

ff7swearing09s03.jpg

ff7spikeyassgusjr.jpg

ff7skinnyassaast0.jpg

This is what the fucc i mean :martin: it was way worse nicca...i know what i'm talking about, sit down

The cherry on top for this fuccery is in the original japanese version Barret doesn't talk like this at all...he's the only person on the ff7 planet that speaks in ebonics (it'd be ok if it was a village dialect thing) and the US translator specifically re wrote his dialogue as an exaggerated mr t :mjpls:

So yes...much worse than FFVIIR

Last edited: