Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No you probably wouldn't have known that, but at the same time I can't fault the remake for kind of expecting you to know something about FF7 lore, it is a remake, really it should be called a reboot not a remake because it is mashing all the previous FF7 material into one, but I aint gonna get into semantics.

They would be better served referring to it as a reboot rather than a remake if that's the case.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
They would be better served referring to it as a reboot rather than a remake if that's the case.

Maybe so. Even so I personally love the remake and I can't wait to see what they do in the next two installments. I think they are going in the right direction. There has been too much material released since the OG game to remake the OG and just ignore everything else they have put out.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I'm sure that I'm not the only person who hasn't played any of the previous games who purchased this one. By how much people have hyped up the game the game over the years and it's importance, you would think that the remake would have sold better than it did with older fans purchasing the game in drove. Turns out they will need those new fans who have never played the game after all.

I'll ask my question again. There were multiple versions of Sephiroth in the game that we saw. Did the remake give any indication to that or would we have only known that if we played the previous games? I'm sure a lot of people thought it was in fact the same person.

Ok so if you don't know the lore, then why does a Part 1 of anything need to answer everything for you? Isn't that what part 2/3.. will be for?

You're supposed to end this game having unanswered questions. You're right, it was a bit confusing - but this was by design. Sephiroth is trying to confuse Cloud from the first time you see "him".

What part 1 needs to do is get you hooked into copping next installment, nothing else.

It's almost like ending disc 1 of the OG going "wait so what is the deal between Jenova and Sephiroth exactly?".

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah they really should have called this game a reboot instead of a remake though, this game while similar to the OG is not the same, there is actually a lot of stuff they changed up some of it is so subtle that you may not realize it got changed... probably because it feels right the way it came off how they changed it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I have a feeling ya'l are going to be disappointed by where this goes. They not doing some altered timeline event type endgame stuff.
They only did this so they could include sepheiroth in the first game. The next game will be similiar. Follow the og story, but make changes so characters don't just disppear for entire games in order to suit the multiple game format. If they didn't do this the next would be just one big nifelhiem flash sequence with no barrett for the entire game. They're not trying to bring together multiple timelines, they just want to be able to shuffle characters around more.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I have a feeling ya'l are going to be disappointed by where this goes. They not doing some altered timeline event type endgame stuff.
They only did this so they could include sepheiroth in the first game. The next game will be similiar. Follow the og story, but make changes so characters don't just disppear for entire games in order to suit the multiple game format. If they didn't do this the next would be just one big nifelhiem flash sequence with no barrett for the entire game. They're not trying to bring together multiple timelines, they just want to be able to shuffle characters around more.
the timeline as presented is already fukked in more ways than one though

shyt, they can pick up nifelheim mid flashback instead of wasting time wandering around the town. stuff like that is nothing a scripting session can't tidy up

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

I'm not going to be disappointed at all, after playing OG again next to the remake, the OG definitely was limited in what it could do and how it could tell a story. The remake(really should be called a reboot) is better.

I actually disagree about the altered timeline stuff, if you pay attention to the dialogue of certain characters and how certain things have played out this game is only 85-90% true to the OG game. Nomura himself came out and said the FF7 Compilation is not cannon to the remake aka FF7, Advent Children, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus are not going to dictate this one, and honestly there have already been some plot changes to the game that you can't just ignore, a number of them actually even if they are minor FOR NOW, without making this a complete fukking mess. I can go into more detail but I would need to post it in the spoiler thread but I have a few theories about the plot of this game but I will say one major theory I have that looks highly likely is

You are going to choose who dies next game between your love interests, that much I would bet the bank on.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm not going to be disappointed at all, after playing OG again next to the remake, the OG definitely was limited in what it could do and how it could tell a story. The remake(really should be called a reboot) is better.

I actually disagree about the altered timeline stuff, if you pay attention to the dialogue of certain characters and how certain things have played out this game is only 85-90% true to the OG game. Nomura himself came out and said the FF7 Compilation is not cannon to the remake aka FF7, Advent Children, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus are not going to dictate this one, and honestly there have already been some plot changes to the game that you can't just ignore, a number of them actually even if they are minor FOR NOW, without making this a complete fukking mess. I can go into more detail but I would need to post it in the spoiler thread but I have a few theories about the plot of this game but I will say one major theory I have that looks highly likely is

You are going to choose who dies next game between your love interests, that much I would bet the bank on.
These theories are always more creative then the creators. My instinct tells me the next game will also be 85-90% true, and most of the changes will just be there service fan service like the last one did. Meaning more Sepiroth, more stuff for the other main cast to do, and more ways to make seemingly forgettable monsters from the oriiginal game into boss fights like they did with the demon house and the 3rd class soldier.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
These theories are always more creative then the creators. My instinct tells me the next game will also be 85-90% true, and most of the changes will just be there service fan service like the last one did. Meaning more Sepiroth, more stuff for the other main cast to do, and more ways to make seemingly forgettable monsters from the oriiginal game into boss fights like they did with the demon house and the 3rd class soldier.

I mean for the most part that is what this game needed though. The OG is not perfect by any means, especially by today's standards. A true line for line remake would of been wack if we being honest and objective with ourselves, but like I said this game will be a little different because...

Sephiroth and Aerith OBVIOUSLY have some knowledge as to how the story plays out from the original in this one. Aerith on more than one occasion knows things she shouldn't know. For instance how she knew Barrett was Marlene's dad... nobody ever told her that if you pay attention she just knew it, also her chapter 14 scene where she tells Cloud whatever he is feeling is not real, she also told Cloud he has to do better if he is going to be the hero this time hint hint THIS TIME.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This game doesn't seem that dissimilar to Final Fantasy XIII. Yeah the battle systems are different but the make up of the world and linearity isn't.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This game doesn't seem that dissimilar to Final Fantasy XIII. Yeah the battle systems are different but the make up of the world and linearity isn't.

I actually agree, i just don't mind it because Midgar in the OG game was linear as fukk.

I kind of get the feeling we will look at this game the way we looked at AC1 or Mass Effect 1 once they respective sequels came out. Like this is a good game, but I kind of get the feeling once part 2 comes out you're never gonna want to play this again because it is such a downgrade compared to the sequel that follows.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Exploring the open world better be like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Shieeet i don't know how S.E. plans to squeeze all this content into 3 parts. It should be 5-6 parts with all that content in the OG.

Leaving Midgar all the way to Golden Saucer is a full game in itself.

Midgar, Kalm, Nibelheim Flashback, Chocobo farm, Serpent, Cosmo Canyon, Junon, Shinra Soldier Parade, Gongaga, Casa Del Sol, Corel, Golden Saucer, Barret and Dyne Flashback and escaping Corel prison, Rocket Town, temple of the ancients and bone village.

Part 2 might end after your done with the Golden Saucer but most likely will end after the Forgotten Capital.

:picard:

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Exploring the open world better be like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Shieeet i don't know how S.E. plans to squeeze all this content into 3 parts. It should be 5-6 parts.

Leaving Midgar all the way to Golden Saucer is a full game in itself. Midgar, Kalm, Nibelheim Flashback, Chocobo farm, Serpent, Cosmo Canyon, Junon, Shinra Soldier Parade, Casa Del Sol, Corel, Golden Saucer, Barret and Dyne Flashback and escaping Corel prison.

Part 2 might end after your done with the Golden Saucer.

:picard::stopitslime:

Yeah I low key think you won't get Temple of the Ancients next game given the scaling and how much detail they are adding to the game now, unless they plan on pt. 2 being a 200+ hour game. The Nibelheim flashback alone needs at least 10 hours by itself, it's the most important piece of backstory in the whole game.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yeah I low key think you won't get Temple of the Ancients next game given the scaling and how much detail they are adding to the game now, unless they plan on pt. 2 being a 200+ hour game. The Nibelheim flashback alone needs at least 10 hours by itself, it's the most important piece of backstory in the whole game.

I'm down for that.

:mjgrin:

All I know is S.E. better drop that shyt if we go into another lockdown.

:mjlit: