Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Finished it up last week. Such a great game :wow: Can't wait for Part 2 :ohlawd:

It's funny because I had a big argument in a group chat because nikkas was complaining about the game and how they ain't like it because it doesn't give off the feeling of the original.

So being being the smartass that I am responded with "well then why don't you play the OG game then" Needless to say, that didn't go over so well :bryan:

Basically cats really just wanted to play the same game from 97, only with updated graphics :martin:

Also, some of the voices were super familiar to me, and the whole time I'm thinking "where have I heard these voices :jbhmm:"

Then it finally hit me :ohhh:

The girl that voiced Jessie also voiced Cheelai in the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie :ohhh:

Dude that voiced Barrett also did Nick Fury in a couple animated movies :ohhh:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Finished it up last week. Such a great game :wow: Can't wait for Part 2 :ohlawd:

It's funny because I had a big argument in a group chat because nikkas was complaining about the game and how they ain't like it because it doesn't give off the feeling of the original.

So being being the smartass that I am responded with "well then why don't you play the OG game then" Needless to say, that didn't go over so well :bryan:

Basically cats really just wanted to play the same game from 97, only with updated graphics :martin:

Also, some of the voices were super familiar to me, and the whole time I'm thinking "where have I heard these voices :jbhmm:"

Then it finally hit me :ohhh:

The girl that voiced Jessie also voiced Cheelai in the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie :ohhh:

Dude that voiced Barrett also did Nick Fury in a couple animated movies :ohhh:
Ive seen a few ff7 purists bytching about the twist at the end

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Ive seen a few ff7 purists bytching about the twist at the end

Just finished it earlier today. How did this ending differ from the original? I’m assuming that this one is only a certain segment of the original game?

i take it that Zack was supposed to die in the end until Cloud and the gang destroyed the Whispers to alter history?

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Just finished it earlier today. How did this ending differ from the original? I’m assuming that this one is only a certain segment of the original game?

i take it that Zack was supposed to die in the end until Cloud and the gang destroyed the Whispers to alter history?
yeah I'm talking about the Zack thing, he originally dies in battle and that's how cloud gets the buster sword.

I think this way they could do multiple timelines if they wanna

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He not black, he don't even have a nikka hair, its clear in this game

he only talked black because of English translation, he clearly some kind of pacific islander, even his character art in the OG he is a red skin asian, he don't got nikka hair his hair is straight, he just shaved at the sides and the low polygon count in the OG made it look like he had a hi top fade

The nikka sounds ridiculous in the remake, like Tropic Thunder Robert downy jr

Why are you fighting so hard to make him not black? The last time I saw this type of pushback was from the "Egypt is white" cacs. :patrice:

Earlier you said something about Barrett being part of the pacific islanders who have even less representation in JP than actual black folk. There is no real motive to make him one.:martin:

Additionally, his dialogue is a direct copy-paste of old-school 80s blacksploitation films. Just face it. This is how JPnese see black people. You see the exact same thing with Bee from Naruto and his whole village of black stereotypes. Both of which came out in the same era.:unimpressed:

He's a semi-racist interpretation of black people from JP. It is what it is:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you fighting so hard to make him not black? The last time I saw this type of pushback was from the "Egypt is white" cacs. :patrice:

Earlier you said something about Barrett being part of the pacific islanders who have even less representation in JP than actual black folk. There is no real motive to make him one.:martin:

Additionally, his dialogue is a direct copy-paste of old-school 80s blacksploitation films. Just face it. This is how JPnese see black people. You see the exact same thing with Bee from Naruto and his whole village of black stereotypes. Both of which came out in the same era.:unimpressed:

He's a semi-racist interpretation of black people from JP. It is what it is:yeshrug:
images

This is character portrait in the remake, Look at his air, he has straight hair, he some kind of asian island like Wakka in Final Fantasy 10

The entire Final Fantasy art style is based on mixed race japanese people, everybody in every final fantasy game is some kind of mixed race japanese look, that's the look of the series.

They do this all the time in anime, Roy Mustang in Full Metal Alchemist is a japanese person, and The Elrick Brothers are germans, names don't mean shyt they do shyt like this all the time
I already explained this, you not listenin

He's not black because he's not, look at his art work from the original he is a red skinned asian guy, he has straight hair

in the remake he even less black in his official art work

his dialogue was down by english translators in the original who figured he was black because the polygon character looks like a black person so made the dialogue not that, it's not his original personality in the japanese version

stop being a lame ass weirdo, he's not black because he isn't, he don't even have black people hair, Sazh from 13 is black how can you not see the difference, yall must be cacs

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Initially, I hit the :patrice: when I first learned that Marlene was Barrett’s daughter until I Googled the original and learned of their backstory. Never played the OG and only knew of a couple of things going in beforehand.

On another note, after originally struggling with the first boss, I have completed all 18 chapters on Hard mode and defeated all Shinra challenges. Finished Top Secrets on my second try. Was rather disappointed in it though as I expected it to be a lot harder according to people on YouTube. Some of the storyline creatures were more difficult than the bosses themselves (looking at you Abzu Shoats.) Didn’t realize that elemental or arise existed until I got to chapter 3 of Hard mode, but it worked wonders.

At 85% trophy completion, but I think I’ll come back and clean those up at a later date. All in all, I enjoyed it better than I did FFXV.

I assume that the next game will consist of them
going after the remaining reactors?

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Like I said in another thread I'm playing the remake on hard mode to get a platinum trophy and also playing the original on my switch at the same time, and boy the Remake does fix a lot of problems that the OG had and we probably just chose to overlook not talking about gameplay I'm talking about story, pacing, and world building.

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
He not black, he don't even have a nikka hair, its clear in this game

he only talked black because of English translation, he clearly some kind of pacific islander, even his character art in the OG he is a red skin asian, he don't got nikka hair his hair is straight, he just shaved at the sides and the low polygon count in the OG made it look like he had a hi top fade

The nikka sounds ridiculous in the remake, like Tropic Thunder Robert downy jr
He got a perm breh:mjlol: