Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Like I said in another thread I'm playing the remake on hard mode to get a platinum trophy and also playing the original on my switch at the same time, and boy the Remake does fix a lot of problems that the OG had and we probably just chose to overlook not talking about gameplay I'm talking about story, pacing, and world building.

Yea the remake explained a lot of plot holes from the OG but I still didn't like those filler quests to drag the game longer. The Train Graveyard did not need to be that fukkin long.

Dope ass game overall.

I just started playing TLOU2 and it sucks going to a slow paced game after an action RPG like this. I almost fell asleep within the first hour. I'm adjusted to it now tho.

:mjlol:

Bout to head back to the remake to get them trophies

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yea the remake explained a lot of plot holes from the OG but I still didn't like those filler quests to drag the game longer. The Train Graveyard did not need to be that fukkin long.

Dope ass game overall.

I just started playing TLOU2 and it sucks going to a slow paced game after an action RPG like this. I almost fell asleep within the first hour. I'm adjusted to it now tho.

:mjlol:

Bout to head back to the remake to get them trophies

The remake actually made me care about Midgar and the rest of Avalanche honestly. The OG I aint give a damn about them bruh, they die they die.

The filler sidequests are a very minor annoyance to me.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
All of it after Shinra HQ. I was fighting destiny? Da fukk?

They are basically about to bring the whole FF7 universe together I think with the remake. OG, Advent Children, and Crisis Core. I think JRPGs are finally going to let you make some choices to the narrative like WRPGs have been doing since forever. I knew something was up when Sephiroth popped up in the game, Sephiroth never was in Midgar in the original game.

But yes you were fighting to change destiny essentially.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They are basically about to bring the whole FF7 universe together I think with the remake. OG, Advent Children, and Crisis Core. I think JRPGs are finally going to let you make some choices to the narrative like WRPGs have been doing since forever. I knew something was up when Sephiroth popped up in the game, Sephiroth never was in Midgar in the original game.

But yes you were fighting to change destiny essentially.

I got one.

For for someone who has never played the OG game or the others that you mentioned, would I have known that there were multiple Sephiroth's that we saw if I never played those games previously? Some of it was rather confusing so I had to look up stuff on Reddit and the Wiki page to fill in the blanks.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I got one.

For for someone who has never played the OG game or the others that you mentioned, would I have known that there were multiple Sephiroth's that we saw if I never played those games previously? Some of it was rather confusing so I had to look up stuff on Reddit and the Wiki page to fill in the blanks.

FF7 came out in 1997 bruh, the story has been there to discuss and read for 20+ years now. If you aint know the story it has been there to read, watch, and play for a long time. :manny:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
That doesn't answer my question.

I don't really understand what you were trying to ask then. You said if you never played the others how would you know about the multiple timelines and stuff, and I responded that all of this has been readily available for 20+ years. It was called FF7 REMAKE, if you played the remake without brushing up on the story beforehand that's on you.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't really understand what you were trying to ask then. You said if you never played the others how would you know about the multiple timelines and stuff, and I responded that all of this has been readily available for 20+ years. It was called FF7 REMAKE, if you played the remake without brushing up on the story beforehand that's on you.

I'm sure that I'm not the only person who hasn't played any of the previous games who purchased this one. By how much people have hyped up the game the game over the years and it's importance, you would think that the remake would have sold better than it did with older fans purchasing the game in drove. Turns out they will need those new fans who have never played the game after all.

I'll ask my question again. There were multiple versions of Sephiroth in the game that we saw. Did the remake give any indication to that or would we have only known that if we played the previous games? I'm sure a lot of people thought it was in fact the same person.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure that I'm not the only person who hasn't played any of the previous games who purchased this one. By how much people have hyped up the game the game over the years and it's importance, you would think that the remake would have sold better than it did with older fans purchasing the game in drove. Turns out they will need those new fans who have never played the game after all.

I'll ask my question again. There were multiple versions of Sephiroth in the game that we saw. Did the remake give any indication to that or would we have only known that if we played the previous games? I'm sure a lot of people thought it was in fact the same person.

No you probably wouldn't have known that, but at the same time I can't fault the remake for kind of expecting you to know something about FF7 lore, it is a remake, really it should be called a reboot not a remake because it is mashing all the previous FF7 material into one, but I aint gonna get into semantics.