Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ah ok I’m about to go topside into Midgar so I have enough time to finish the rest of the missions.
Don’t beat yourself up too much. You just need to have all of them done the end of chapter 16. You can actually finish the mission where you have to master all the materia in the combat simulator in chapter 17 if you need to. Just make sure you do all the other missions before chapter 16. The game wraps up pretty quickly once you finish chapter 16 and you won’t have a chance to back track.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
What am missing about the Refocus materia? I don't understand how to activate it. It doesn't show up under limit breaks or abilities

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What am missing about the Refocus materia? I don't understand how to activate it. It doesn't show up under limit breaks or abilities

It shows up as an alternative limit break if you have the materia equipped and when you reach your limit break. Using it grants you another ATB bar for the duration of the battle.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh what’s some good materia setups with cloud?

Still really getting use to this game and it’s functions, was taking materia for granted smh.
These work well in linked slots:

Magnify + Healing = Allows you to cure or cast regen on the whole party simultaneously. Prob works better with Aerith though.

Magnify + Barrier = Allows you to put barrier on the whole part simultaneously

(Fire, Ice, Lightning) + Elemental = Adds element to you weapon's attack allowing you to exploit enemies who are weak to that magic

Here is my current setup with Cloud:
Fire + Elemental
Steadfast Block Materia
Refocus
Healing
Time
Hp Up equipped Twice
First Strike
ATB Assist

Also, I have Gotterdammerung equipped so I start the battle with a limit break to use refocus. This comes in handy for hard mode when fighting bosses.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone explain what ATB Boost does exactly? how is it different from Haste?

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Can anyone explain what ATB Boost does exactly? how is it different from Haste?
It explains it right the materia section (like all the rest). It immediately doubles your current ATB gauge. It's a one time deal for the moment and then has a cooldown timer for when you can reuse it again. Haste makes it fill up faster for the duration of the spell, but you have to have at least one full bar to cast haste like any other actual spell. The differences are that you don't even need to have even one full bar of gauge to activate ATB Boost and that it's a one time use that doubles current meter and it doesn't actually burn any ATB meter.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It explains it right the materia section (like all the rest). It immediately doubles your current ATB gauge. It's a one time deal for the moment and then has a cooldown timer for when you can reuse it again. Haste makes it fill up faster for the duration of the spell, but gig have to have at least one full bar to cast haste like any other actual spell. The differences are that you don't even need to have even one full bar of gauge to activate ATB Boost and that it's a one time use that doubles current meter.
The only thing I don't like about ATB boost is that it has an animation.

But its invaluable imo. Lets you pull off combos you wouldn't be able to other wise.

Half bar, quick fill and get that clutch heal or barrier you need
From a full bar, 1 bar ATB skill -> ATB Boost -> 2 bar ATB skill
Refocus, Shenanigans

Wish I could put it on everyone

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

But its invaluable imo. Lets you pull off combos you wouldn't be able to other wise.

Refocus, Shenanigans

Everything in the game has an animation, so if makes sense that it would. It'd be damn near broken if it didn't, lol.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Refocus, Shenanigans

But yeah, you also got options to go to Refocus, use two bars immediately, use your Triangle button move and then immediately do ATB Boost and then be right back to 3 bars again. I think with Tifa, this could be the most effective tactic.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
But yeah, you also got options to go to Refocus, use two bars immediately, use your Triangle button move and then immediately do ATB Boost and then be right back to 3 bars again. I think with Tifa, this could be the most effective tactic.
Works well adjacent to ATB Assist Materia too.

Output goes through the roof as long as you keep chaining it correctly

Balla

Superstar
Daps
So it seems that rude has some type of thing for tifa. I heard it randomly before, and I noticed he did move the guns away from firing at her during the attack on sector 7.

I wonder why this wasn’t talked about more.