Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Aww....I liked FF8. But then again, it was my first FF game.

OsirusBZA

SOHH Jobber
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
I feel sorry for you .

Having you first experience with FF, with your protagonist being the biggest fukking simp in history . And Cloud got close to that title , but will never top Squall .

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel sorry for you .

Having you first experience with FF, with your protagonist being the biggest fukking simp in history . And Cloud got close to that title , but will never top Squall .

simp in history? i wouldn't give him that title.

he was practically the emo kid though. but can't blame him when his dad abandoned him to an orphanage. despite FF8 not being anyone's fave. i still like it. sue me. :yeshrug:

OsirusBZA

SOHH Jobber
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
End result ?

SIMP . And I'm biased again 8, cos of the whole art direction . Felt like being in a bizarro world of Saved By The Bell ,

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I feel sorry for you .

Squall was fukked up for a perfectly good reason. :ufdup:Never mind the fact that he was 17. Many teenagers can be on some bullshyt like that.

They call it 'Teen Angst' for a reason. :usure:

OsirusBZA

SOHH Jobber
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
Squall was fukked up for a perfectly good reason. :ufdup:Never mind the fact that he was 17. Many teenagers can be on some bullshyt like that.

They call it 'Teen Angst' for a reason. :usure:

I know all that . At that time I was already done with that whole teen stressed out bull . And not wanting to play around with those themes in a game .

As I've said before, always been biased as fukk when it comes to FF 8 .SO, as someone else said in this thread , "sue me " .

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I know all that . At that time I was already done with that whole teen stressed out bull . And not wanting to play around with those themes in a game .

As I've said before, always been biased as fukk when it comes to FF 8 .SO, as someone else said in this thread , "sue me " .

to counter your point...it wasn't a trope until post FF8. Squall and Cloud were really some of the first "emo" protagonists. Other than that the main player was usually silent in RPGs. Blame Tetsuya Nomura.

8 is actually hella underrated. The writing trumps 7s the party are MUCH more human than even in 9 (besides Stiner, Vivi and Zidane) and the battle system isn't as complex as people make it (because Materia was so damn easy).

Graphical fidelity stands up to 9 which came after it and not to mention that the story is dope until really disc 4.

Last edited:

OsirusBZA

SOHH Jobber
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
to counter your point...it wasn't a trope until post FF8. Squall and Cloud were really some of the first "emo" protagonists. Other than that the main player was usually silent in RPGs. Blame Tetsuya Nomura.
I should of made myself a bit more clear . I was talking entertainment as a whole . Not sticking with Video Games .

We had stuff like My So Called Life, The Wonder Years , Alex Mack , The Craft , Fukking Nirvana for chist sake .

Emo fukkery went in overdrive in the mid 90's . I didn't need it clogging up my gametime too .