Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was no ad hominem as i said before, we have all accepted some questionable shyt to consume the media we enjoy. Which makes it weird for y’all to run in these threads pointing fingers about who accepted or defended what or who’s “begging”

It’s all theatrics with you weirdos.
Idk why "begging" is coming off so strongly to you. I'm taking he said that as in at some point, these cacs/asians have had decades to correct this and if they're still not doing anything about it, fukk em and continuing to ask them comes off as begging. :yeshrug:

In one thread if you aren’t mad enough you are a c00n, in the next thread if call for change you are “begging”

Nobody came in the Atomic Heart thread and said “stop begging they are russians what do you expect” :stopitslime:
The Atomic Heart shyt I understood which was why I didn't say anything but I'd imagine had that game been a Japanese PS5 exclusive and me or Gizmo said exactly what you said, "c00n!" would be hurled at us for days :mjlol:

Like i said in there y’all are fake AF.

Even here you are talking out of both sides of your ass.

On one hand i “defended” atomic heart for not being mad AF, on the other hand i’m begging for saying square could and should do better.

When in reality i said the same thing in both threads. The shyt should be changed and they should hire some black artists/writers so they don’t run into those problems.

Somehow this same totally reasonable take is attacked by you weirdos from both angles depending on which game i’m talking about.

Y’all dudes really have issues :smh:
Wanting better representation isn't a bad thing. I'm not against that. Expecting that from the same people who've shown their ass forever shows me otherwise that it ain't realistically going to happen. It MAY happen but again I'm not putting my finger on it. I'd love a completely black JRPG game where they're clearly black and not just dark skinned. I loved Ass Creed Origins and bought it simply because of the way it looks. I just don't feel like discussing this with those Resetera or Gaf type of cacs is the wave since both of them ain't in the best interests for blacks in the end. That's all :yeshrug:

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I just wish, for once in our natural lives...that we put all the money into the pot and make an AAA game to stick it to these companies.

Not even AAA, I wouldn't consider The Surge or Sifu to be AAA and I would love a Black team to make a game with a similar scope and size, we're spread too thin around the industry.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Check who the least liked ff7 character is on era

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
The "No Black People In Medieval Europe" claim, is BULL$HIT.

These game developers, haven't even bothered to actually research that area of history.
If they had, the would have KNOWN that there were Black Folks in Medieval Europe, LOTS OF THEM.

They know their "target audience" doesn't want to see Black Folks in fantasy(Or Sci-Fi, or ANY OTHER) Setting.

33d946b1b75ff8b051bf2bcbb9a59436.jpg

There are TONS of examples of Black People in Europe, on
- Family Crests
- Paintings
- Statues
- Buildings
- Tapestries
- Jewelry etc...

Also "White People" are from CENTRAL ASIA, and NOT FROM EUROPE.

They invaded "Europe", where the previous(Original) population were BLACK "EURASIANS".

Here is a link with a TON of historical depictions of Black Folks during "Medieval" times:

https://medievalpoc.tumblr.com/

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Idk why "begging" is coming off so strongly to you. I'm taking he said that as in at some point, these cacs/asians have had decades to correct this and if they're still not doing anything about it, fukk em and continuing to ask them comes off as begging. :yeshrug:
You know “begging” has a negative connotation and that line is only used in defense of some shyt :mjpls:

We all advocate to improve the things we love. And we have seen results in the increased diversity in recent media.

I don’t understand the idea of coming into one of these threads and accusing other people of begging and telling them to just accept things the way they are. If you are fine with it, that’s cool, other people might wanna speak up, that’s cool to.

Not even sure why one group should even be addressing the other.
The Atomic Heart shyt I understood which was why I didn't say anything but I'd imagine had that game been a Japanese PS5 exclusive and me or Gizmo said exactly what you said, "c00n!" would be hurled at us for days :mjlol:
No, it wouldn’t. I don't play like that.
Wanting better representation isn't a bad thing. I'm not against that. Expecting that from the same people who've shown their ass forever shows me otherwise that it ain't realistically going to happen. It MAY happen but again I'm not putting my finger on it. I'd love a completely black JRPG game where they're clearly black and not just dark skinned. I loved Ass Creed Origins and bought it simply because of the way it looks. I just don't feel like discussing this with those Resetera or Gaf type of cacs is the wave since both ain't the best interests for blacks in the end. That's all :yeshrug:
Speaking up is how we’ve made the progress we have.

Maybe the FF director is really just ignorant to how medieval Europe looked. Maybe these conversations will teach him something and his next game will be better. We saw positive results in the Witcher, and I bet Naughty Dog does a lot better with their next game.

I will never denigrate people for speaking out for positive change even if it may seem futile at times.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are there any black people in any of these games?:jbhmm:

Seems like you don’t actually have a problem with this, until now with this specific game. In fact you claim to stan nintendo who have avoided putting black people as even supporting cast members in any of their games for the past 40 years

Seems like the vastly majority of games you love go out of their way to not feature black people or options to create black characters

Eiyuden Chronicle 100 heros ( don't know have played it. It's a brand new IP)
Zelda botw 2 (The main villain is technically black :mjpls: and so is the clan/tribe he is from)
Granblue relink... (Game isn't out yet but there are black/dark characters in the lore. Hopefully they will use them in game.)
Metal slugs tactics ( game isn't out yet and they use the same characters in lore over and over anyway)
Replaced ( game isn't out)
Atom heart ( takes place in russia don't expect black people here)
Fire emblem Engage ( The series has more black folk than two... and I haven't even played emblem yet and I know it has black characters)
Octopath traveler 2 (haven't play it, don't know)
Final Fantasy 7 re part 2... ( barret, 1 of the 2 black characters in the whole series)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

These game developers, haven't even bothered to actually research that area of history.
If they had, the would have KNOWN that there were Black Folks in Medieval Europe, LOTS OF THEM.

They know their "target audience" doesn't want to see Black Folks in fantasy(Or Sci-Fi, or ANY OTHER) Setting.

- Family Crests
- Paintings
- Statues
- Buildings
- Tapestries
- Jewelry etc...

They invaded "Europe", where the previous(Original) population were BLACK "EURASIANS".

Here is a link with a TON of historical depictions of Black Folks during "Medieval" times:

GUEST_29d5bfc2-f941-44d2-8483-27f0145cfa38

Good book to start with.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Not even AAA, I wouldn't consider The Surge or Sifu to be AAA and I would love a Black team to make a game with a similar scope and size, we're spread too thin around the industry.

Oh hell yeah a AA atleast.

There's no damn excuses when you have a small team of Brazilians making a full blown GTA game. Why can't black devs just take the gamble and make something on the level of a Soulslike game. Or a legit RPG with all the trimmings.

Just something different from a "beat em up", a "over the top I'm different safe" ass indie game, or my personal favorite..."the 2d shooter that would make Commander Keen look like a groundbreaking AAA title.

I'm not feeling sorry anymore and wanting this weird "acceptance" in the gaming world because the majority treat us like the customer. In Dark Souls, I accept that I will have an emo haircut despite having a low fade in real life.

I accept being a warlock or some cac in an RPG because we are an afterthought.

I won't accept begging for a spot on a AAA overrated ass game because we lack the sense of empowerment to make our own revolutionary shyt.

Then again, I'm already in a video game :ehh:

capsule_616x353.jpg

Still waiting for my leaves, and not some damn money...god friggin humans and their "money". I can't eat that shyt :beli:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: at the usual suspects trying to turn this into console wars. FF being 16 mainline games in and having 2 black characters and no supporting black characters in the worlds or anything has always been a red flag.
Anyone who's black and played the game's has talked about it before, the main reason it's a hot topic again is because this dude is juelz'n himself talking about Medieval times didn't have black people as if it had Summons and titans. :mjlol:

Last edited:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps

- Family Crests
- Paintings
- Statues
- Buildings
- Tapestries
- Jewelry etc...

And that's my main gripe, sighting historical accuracy in a fantasy game with a half asiatic cast but saying black people didn't exist in the same time period is some old school write you out of history type shyt. Even Ridley Scott had a black moor in kingdom of heaven and he's known for being a whitewasher unlike his brother. all these other games being brought up have nothing to do with the fact that the Final Fantasy team is out of touch with reality.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
There are lots of black people making games and in leading rolls.

Y’all gotta start following some of @Responsible Allen Iverson posts/threads. But those threads are usualy met with crickets

It really sucks because dude posts piff. Hell, some of the games he posts up look low-key fire. But folks are weird about indie titles, yet would cop a broken ass expansion to bring life back into an old ass relic of a broken game.

roman-reigns-wink.gif