Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Historical europe had a lot of ethinic people the moors (Historical black, Muslim, or both) Romani (south asain nomadic) and jewish people (Middle eastern) have all traveled in most parts of europe;

If you want to keep them to port cities or small communities in the forest or other regions, visiting or trading with the player. an that would be a simplification.

the history of the world is more diverse then the knights of the round table and Merlin

there were muslims who became vikings and vikings who converted to islam

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Change comes from people speaking out. Like Naughty Dog has had some problematic black representation in their games. A black female writer called them out on it, and they hired her to write for future games. That was energy well spent.

There’s lots of black/brown/female/latina high fantasy fans, there’s nothing wrong with them spending their energy as they see fit, to fix/change the thing they love.
There will be concessions here and there, but it's completely at the will of a white director/studio head, personally I don't see that as progress like other people do. And again it was in response to media pressure, protecting a studio that has a certain political image. I don't think of that as a true opportunity, one that comes and goes depending on who a director is; only here to share my view, that's fine if you think differently.

Also, “begging for scraps” comes off super :mjpls: .

It's harsh, but it is what it is, obviously I don't mean it that way, I'm talking about this 'grievance cycle' after a game is released isn't due to Black artists making an impact on the industry but instead a byproduct of white liberal sympathy. Black artists in videogames are like mercenaries, you never get to see people band together and create something so undeniable that it sets a standard like what happens with film/music. This could be as small as a Black writer's room, obviously it takes more resources to make a videogame. Deathloop was a step in the right direction, and it's directed by a Black studio head, no coincidence there.

Last edited:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Didn’t they just release a game with a main Black character? How many of yall bought that? Man, if nikkas want Black representation then support Black game studios and stop begging other races for that shyt.
You hit the nail on the head. We know how other people get down, so why would we continue to beg them to include us? :dahell:

People need to start getting in the game industry and making shyt themselves

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
People need to start getting in the game industry and making shyt themselves
Looking at the pictures in the credits, I was surprised how many Black people worked on Doom Eternal, they have to know how important their experience is.

Diversity=gay characters with an occasional gay black character. There, I said it.

Until I see more games with black characters that are from a strong black family and aren't just some stereotypical "Troubled Street kid raised by single mom", I'm not buying that "diversity" shyt some of these white folks be harping about.

What's funny is it doesn't have to be an example of the absolute perfect Black man in order for it to work, a character can have flaws/struggles, but it's like they are physically incapable of not writing some type of morally weak or unserious Black character without using old tropes :heh:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why the new generation of racists love anime so much.

Going to your highest power level turns your hair blonde? :mjpls:

Some of the dumbest hairstyles in animation history be in them animes, makes it unwatchable damn near.

And don't get started on black anime fans. Biggest c00ns right after drill rappers and Black MAGAts.

No wonder it's the only one I fw :ahh:
The irony is anime hair is largely modeled after black hair. I never knew if this was intentional or not but it's obvious

Nobody else's hair does the shyt that anime hair does but black folks:mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again it’s the 21st century, anybody still making those games like that is making a choice. Also, “begging for scraps” comes off super :mjpls: .
How?

Black folks do way too much begging for inclusion and hardly enough owning or creating. The premise of this thread is straight up ":to:Why won't they put us in their games?"

If that ain't begging for scraps what is? How many different ways these nikkas gotta tell you they don't want you around before you say fukk it and do your own?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
The irony is anime hair is largely modeled after black hair. I never knew if this was intentional or not but it's obvious

Nobody else's hair does the shyt that anime hair does but black folks
:francis:Just let it go breh

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it's a medieval/european aesthetic, I'm not mad.

If it was 1920s/1930s Harlem and the entire cast was WHITE then I'd have an
issue.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That “beggin for scraps” shyt is nonsense and borderline c00nary.

Only y’all would attack your own instead of the people doing the racist shyt :smh:
No it isn't. It's begging white folks to do something they'll do a piss poor job at anyway.

c00n shyt is the defending Atomic heart for having borderline racist imagery but then again you're not a serious person and this thread is just masquerading as "serious talk" but it's really just transparent stan shyt. :smh:

FOH brother.