Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
It's always the same excuse whether it's something like Witcher 3 or Elden Ring or the myriad of other games that use the medieval/eastern European aesthetic. It's fukking fantasy. You can take liberties, especially when your game has fukking supernatural elements or dragons and shyt. The reason things like this will never change, though, is because people pick and choose when to call this stuff out or make excuses. The game looked good, but its overwhelming whiteness turned me off. Call me weird, but I just can't enjoy anything these days that's overwhelmingly white, be it games or movies or tv shows.

Same, I was immediately turned off by the all white cast during the initial trailer last year.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russell: It's ok to be wrong sometimes breh stop trying to drown out the conversation with quotes from 2 different threads, you were bytching about Final Fantasy because you feel a way japs don't put Black people in games, I have never argued for 'representation' like you did in this thread, stop it.
Frey is a black person put in a video game by Japs

fukk wrong with you breh :dahell:

i’m legit confused right now. you were literally fighting for a platform to talk about this kinda stuf just a couple days ago:mindblown:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I don't know about anybody else, but ever since this whole artificial intelligence Renaissance we've been in the middle of I've been noticing that there is a very apparent gaping hole of yearning for a large group of black people when it comes to wanting to be represented in these fantastical fictional settings and and not just be tokens and side characters but actual heroes with depth and complexity and in abundant numbers when it comes to casts.

I've seen so many artificial intelligence generated images over the internet of black people in things like Harry Potter and Marvel and Star wars and everything else you can think of that is a huge popular sci-fi/fantasy IP.

Thought about making a thread on this whole topic but never did it

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Frey is a black person put in a video game by Japs
fukk wrong with you breh
i’m legit confused right now. you were literally fighting for a platform to talk about this kinda stuf just a couple days ago
:comeon:Lazy trolling, you were crying about representation, I was talking about the dialogue.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't know about anybody else, but ever since this whole artificial intelligence Renaissance we've been in the middle of I've been noticing that there is a very apparent gaping hole of yearning for a large group of black people when it comes to wanting to be represented in these fantastical fictional settings and and not just be tokens and side characters but actual heroes with depth and complexity and in abundant numbers when it comes to casts.

I've seen so many artificial intelligence generated images over the internet of black people in things like Harry Potter and Marvel and Star wars and everything else you can think of that is a huge popular sci-fi/fantasy IP.

Did you see mine? They’re pretty cool :wow:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

I don't really get what you mean, like using AI for busy work on a project? How is AI relevant here?

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I don't really get what you mean, like using AI for busy work on a project? How is AI relevant here?
Well I mean, it's not white people who are going out here making these artificial intelligence images that are portraying black people in settings which they are basically non-existent in real life.

What I'm saying is I feel like there's a lot of black people who are starved for being in the thick of all these kind of stories and settings and whatnot but not really getting it in reality.

Basically we want our own shyt and want to be the heroes and the predominant group represented in these settings, instead of always getting the Jon Snow's and the Luke skywalkers and Harry Potter's along with a cast of people in the same group.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well I mean, it's not white people who are going out here making these artificial intelligence images that are portraying black people in settings which they are basically non-existent in real life.

What I'm saying is I feel like there's a lot of black people who are starved for being in the thick of all these kind of stories and settings and whatnot but not really getting it in reality.

Basically we want our own shyt and want to be the heroes and the predominant group represented in these settings, instead of always getting the Jon Snow's and the Luke skywalkers and Harry Potter's along with a cast of people in the same group.

And then people here pretend to act like they didn’t understand why we wanted to play forspoken

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

This was my point, there’s a huge fanbase for this type of stuff now. It doesn’t have to just be a black game company puting black people in games.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
You were talking about how the dialog should have been done better from a black perspective I.E “better representation”
It doesn’t have to just be a black game company puting black people in games
Jesus, nowhere itt did I say Fospoken devs should've written a Black character for the sake of representation. Saying a Black writer could have been better is not the same as advocating for whites and Asians to write Black characters as a novelty, I was speaking only on the art not the industry.

I get what you mean, but to that same point, a lot of those fantasy settings use European historical references as a bedrock for their setting and lore, so as a kid I always wanted a book or movie to recontextualize west African history or mythology instead.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Jesus, nowhere itt did I say Fospoken devs should've written a Black character for the sake of representation. Saying a Black writer could have been better is not the same as advocating for whites and Asians to write Black characters as a novelty, I was speaking only on the art not the industry.
You are stuck on the word “representation” but people asking for black characters in Final Fantasy is the same thing as what you were doing in there.

No one said black characters should be in games for “novelty” i’m not even sure where you got that from. People are saying a game like FF that wants to have worldwide appeal should have some black people in on and around the game. That’s literally what the article in the op is about.

And you ran in here talking about people begging, but you were just advocating for black writers in another sqaure enix game.

Your angle in here is literally baffling to me:what:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
fukk Square :pacspit:

…..even though FFXIV has my favorite mmo class with ninja, and I liked FF7R…..and I just bought Ogre battle and FFXV.

But still, they been terrible for years and I hate them :ufdup::francis: