Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not defending anyone, it's the reality of the situation, you're buying their shyt, you know what their culture is like, are you really surprised with this statement? Either I'll play something else or I'll get tf over it, it won't always be like this.

And don't take 'begging for scraps' personally, it was a reply to a different comment in another context, don't act like I agree with them, it's how they are.

:salute:
But it’s not even their culture they put in the game. FF games take from all types of cultures all over the world, they just chose to put all white faces in their games.

Lots of devs have been doing a really good job lately and that’s because people began holding them accountable.

I can understand the perspective of a person that doesn’t care and just chooses to play something else. I don’t understand that person telling everyone else they shouldn’t care.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yup.

And that's pretty much all devs if we keeping it funky. So afraid of upsetting cacs having more non cac representation. Even women. Goofies.
I hate to say it but those cacs have power. Like they'll get loud on social media that changes narratives of games. I remember how angry they got about battlefield 1, which was a game that scored well. BF1 had a female on cover, which resulted in them causing noise on social media

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
But it’s not even their culture they put in the game. FF games take from all types of cultures all over the world, they just chose to put all white faces in their games.
I understand, it's their culture to be racist and cynical, they'll erase their own image if they think it'll sell better in the west.
Lots of devs have been doing a really good job lately and that’s because people began holding them accountable.
I disagree, but that's subjective, in my opinion there hasn't been a solid effort (with no compromises) since Lee Everett which was 10 years ago. People aren't boycotting because there are no Black characters, publishers just want to avoid controversy and criticism from the media while marketing the game.
I can understand the perspective of a person that doesn’t care and just chooses to play something else. I don’t understand that person telling everyone else they shouldn’t care.
I wasn't telling you how to feel about it, just asked why you felt that way and suggested directing your energy elsewhere. Saying 'I expect my existence to be respected' to a culture that barely tolerates our presence is weird to me and worthy of a discussion since I hear it from lots of Black fans.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I hate to say it but those cacs have power. Like they'll get loud on social media that changes narratives of games. I remember how angry they got about battlefield 1, which was a game that scored well. BF1 had a female on cover, which resulted in them causing noise on social media

Absolutely

BF1
Halo 5

They keep showing their ass

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I understand, it's their culture to be racist and cynical, they'll erase their own image if they think it'll sell better in the west.

I disagree, but that's subjective, in my opinion there hasn't been a solid effort (with no compromises) since Lee Everett which was 10 years ago. People aren't boycotting because there are no Black characters, publishers just want to avoid controversy and criticism from the media while marketing the game.

I wasn't telling you how to feel about it, just asked why you felt that way and suggested directing your energy elsewhere. Saying 'I expect my existence to be respected' to a culture that barely tolerates our presence is weird to me and worthy of a discussion since I hear it from lots of Black fans.
But that shyt don’t ride anymore. Big games like this need to have global appeal, so even from a business standpoint going out of your way to make your game as white as possible is a bad idea.

Representation has been a lot better in recent years. From stuff like Deathloop where the main character is black, to stuff like Dying Light which had a very diverse cast of support characters. Even FantasyTV shows like Game of thrones and the Witcher have found the value in respectfully representing their audience.

Nobody is “boycotting” a game because there are no black characters. But with so many options available people are gonna gravitate towards things they can relate to. Devs saying dumb shyt like in the OP just haven’t been paying attention or they are actively racist. It’s not 1990 anymore people have options.

Change comes from people speaking out. Like Naughty Dog has had some problematic black representation in their games. A black female writer called them out on it, and they hired her to write for future games. That was energy well spent.

There’s lots of black/brown/female/latina high fantasy fans, there’s nothing wrong with them spending their energy as they see fit, to fix/change the thing they love.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don’t think they have much real power per se. They get loud on the internet, but that’s a small minority of people making a lot of noise.

Smart devs have realized those people don’t matter, some of the biggest games in recent years have had very diverse characters.

It’s just the devs that actually agree with that minority that are holding out.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think they have much real power per se. They get loud on the internet, but that’s a small minority of people making a lot of noise.

Smart devs have realized those people don’t matter, some of the biggest games in recent years have had very diverse characters.

It’s just the devs that actually agree with that minority that are holding out.
I somewhat agree, but if a game is not great, then the noise will be heard. I thought stuff like Forspoken dialogue was way overblown when you have a game in atomic heart that was 10x worse, and not getting clowned like Forspoken.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I somewhat agree, but if a game is not great, then the noise will be heard. I thought stuff like Forspoken dialogue was way overblown when you have a game in atomic heart that was 10x worse, and not getting clowned like Forspoken.
Forespoken was just a bigger game so more people were talking about it.

Atomic heart got lots of shyt for its terrible writing and voice acting, it was just never gonna get the same amount of coverage and conversation as a Square Enix PS5 Exclusive.

It wasn’t the shytty twitter cacs that didn’t like the frey character. It was the same writers and reviewers and that enjoyed, supported and even called for diverse characters in other games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Forespoken was just a bigger game so more people were talking about it.

Atomic heart got lots of shyt for its terrible writing and voice acting, it was just never gonna get the same amount of coverage and conversation as a Square Enix PS5 Exclusive.

It wasn’t the shytty twitter cacs that didn’t like the frey character. It was the same writers and reviewers and that enjoyed, supported and even called for diverse characters in other games.
Diversity=gay characters with an occasional gay black character. There, I said it.

Until I see more games with black characters that are from a strong black family and aren't just some stereotypical "Troubled Street kid raised by single mom", I'm not buying that "diversity" shyt some of these white folks be harping about.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Diversity=gay characters with an occasional gay black character. There, I said it.

Until I see a game with black characters that are from a strong black family and isn't just some stereotypical "Street kid raised by single mom", I'm not buying that "diversity" shyt some of these white folks be harping about.
Well for that i agree with the people that say “we need to make our own” wouldn’t expect an authentic black story unless they got black hands all over that thing.

For the rest of the games, i just expect them to hire a couple black writers and actors and not to pretend black people don’t exist.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Was Frey in Forspoken some sort of amazing representation of a Black character? Like most (if not all) Black characters in video games, she was serviceable at best, I don't see the point in getting all worked up over how white and Asian writers handle these characters. Seems like begging for scraps, they make these games without us in mind, most of the time the only reason there's any diversity at all is to avoid criticism in the media or for the sake of some 'variety'.

Same for when people ask for Black characters in movies/anime, shyt is laughable :heh:
Once again it’s the 21st century, anybody still making those games like that is making a choice. Also, “begging for scraps” comes off super :mjpls: .

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Well for that i agree with the people that say “we need to make our own” wouldn’t expect an authentic black story unless they got black hands all over that thing.

For the rest of the games, i just expect them to hire a couple black writers and actors and not to pretend black people don’t exist.
At the very least, they could use black consultants for that shyt.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bro didn’t you defend Atomic Heart and that cartoon?:dahell: