Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
AAA games takes millions of dollars and hundreds even thousands of developers. There’s no such thing as “build your own” when it comes to a product of that scale. Even Square Enix has to secure outside funding and development support for their games.
Earlier itt, we mentioned smaller games that are bigger than a typical indie title but far from AAA like Soma or The Surge. There's nothing stopping a dedicated group of Black devs and artists coming together like Frictional Games, literally the perfect template to follow, original engine and everything. None of these AAA developers/Publishers became a success overnight.

here are lots of black game developers moving their way up. We can support them by advocating publishers give them a chance in leading creative rolls
This is a defeatist attitude in my opinion, publishing is more important, there will always be Black devs and artists.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Earlier itt, we mentioned smaller games that are bigger than a typical indie title but far from AAA like Soma or The Surge. There's nothing stopping a dedicated group of Black devs and artists coming together like Frictional Games, literally the perfect template to follow, original engine and everything. None of these AAA developers/Publishers became a success overnight.
There are lots of these games out and in the works right now.
This is a defeatist attitude in my opinion, publishing is more important, there will always be Black devs and artists.
It’s not a mutually exclusive thing. There can be black devs, publisher, and writers.

Some can open their own shyt, some can work for others.

I don’t get the idea of denigrating advocacy for any of it. One idea doesn’t take away from another they can all work together. Deathloop success can open a door for another black team lead, AND it could be a springboard for some of the devs/writers on that game to branch out on their own. All of it is progress.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
AAA games takes millions of dollars and hundreds even thousands of developers. There’s no such thing as “build your own” when it comes to a product of that scale. Even Square Enix has to secure outside funding and development support for their games.

There are lots of black game developers moving their way up. We can support them by advocating publishers give them a chance in leading creative rolls :comeon:

Did you buy kena? :patrice:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So is this gonna be rasters where we just talk about what we should do but not do nothin?:jbhmm:
I don’t know what you are gonna do other than post a bunch of dumb shyt on the coli :ehh:

Again my point in here is that WHATEVER you are doing to push toward progress is a good thing. I’m not judging people for doing whatever they see fit. You wanna buy every black game? great. You wanna support some go fund me’s? great. You wanna build your own game studio?? wonderful. You wanna become a games writer so you can one day write a final fantasy game of your own ?? excellent.

I don’t understand why some of y’all wanna run in these threads and point fingers and attack the people asking for change. I mean, i understand why YOU do it. But it’s goofy shyt if you ask me :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn't even realize the studio is black owned. I felt that should've been spotlighted more or I would've bought it. Going to check out that game now. It would be nice if their next game got a black main character.

E-ObbBFXEAEHtTo

I don’t know what you are gonna do other than post a bunch of dumb shyt on the coli :ehh:

Again my point in here is that WHATEVER you are doing to push toward progress is a good thing. I’m not judging people for doing whatever they see fit. You wanna buy every black game? great. You wanna support some go fund me’s? great. You wanna build your own game studio?? wonderful. You wanna become a games writer so you can one day write a final fantasy game of your own ?? excellent.

I don’t understand why some of y’all wanna run in these threads and point fingers and attack the people asking for change. I mean, i understand why YOU do it. But it’s goofy shyt if you ask me :manny:

You probably ignored it because of the platform it was on :sas2:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
There are lots of these games out and in the works right now.
It’s not a mutually exclusive thing. There can be black devs, publisher, and writers.
Some can open their own shyt, some can work for others.
I don’t get the idea of denigrating advocacy for any of it. One idea doesn’t take away from another they can all work together. Deathloop success can open a door for another black team lead, AND it could be a springboard for some of the devs/writers on that game to branch out on their own. All of it is progress.

I'd say publishing is demonstrably more important because while Deathloop's success can convince a developer to 'take a chance' on a Black director, a publisher only needs to make a profit at the end of the day. Game development is not a rising tide, the publishers have the power, this is the problem with representation for its own sake.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'd say publishing is demonstrably more important because while Deathloop's success can convince a developer to 'take a chance' on a Black director, a publisher only needs to make a profit at the end of the day. Game development is not a rising tide, the publishers have the power, this is the problem with representation for its own sake.

and that's why indies are important

cats love poo poo'in on the indie parts of the shows that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony do but they are necessary and important.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you are free to have your own opinion. No need to attack others.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
E-ObbBFXEAEHtTo

You probably ignored it because of the platform it was on :sas2:
Umm that’s kinda how it works. You buy the games for the platforms that you own.

I guess you thought you had one here.

Like i said y’all dudes are fukkin weirdos with the shyt. You really don’t care about any of it, just wanna play silly games and point fingers.

Suspect behavior out of you dudes as usual :smh:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
and that's why indies are important

cats love poo poo'in on the indie parts of the shows that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony do but they are necessary and important.

When it comes to Black indies, it'd be nice if they were a little more unique like Thumper or Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, from what I've seen they tend to play it safe. I'd love to see a 'boomer shooter' like compound fracture or Cultic.