Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Umm that’s kinda how it works. You buy the games for the platforms that you own.

I guess you thought you had one here.

Like i said y’all dudes are fukkin weirdos with the shyt. You really don’t care about any of it, just wanna play silly games and point fingers.

Suspect behavior out of you dudes as usual :smh:

You don’t have a old ps4?

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the end of the day, this shyt is deeper than rap. The world has been on a Euro/Cac centered axis really since the 'age of discovery', with Asians (Chinese/Korean/Jap) slipping in more recently. Media is just another example of this. I'll never forget when The Force Awakens came out how the Chinese version made John Boyega extra tiny. To these people, our lives and stories aren't worth telling. Straight up. In this world, black/dark is bad and ugly and inherently less than. If anything portraying us positively would contradict all the racist bullshyt and remind the world of what we are/were before slavery and colonization.

I know this is the gaming forum and I'm ranting, but this topic has always pissed me off. The justifications used to defend this shyt is straight up an insult to the intelligence of any one with logic and common sense. Doesn't matter if it's Disney movies, sci-fi shyt, LOTR, whatever. Somehow portraying us would ruin the immersion. It's why I've largely stopped fukking with anime or playing games like Genshin Impact. How you gone make this huge open world based on real nations/continents, but not include the fukking cradle of human civilization? :mjlol:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
At the end of the day, this shyt is deeper than rap. The world has been on a Euro/Cac centered axis really since the 'age of discovery', with Asians (Chinese/Korean/Jap) slipping in more recently. Media is just another example of this. I'll never forget when The Force Awakens came out how the Chinese version made John Boyega extra tiny. To these people, our lives and stories aren't worth telling. Straight up. In this world, black/dark is bad and ugly and inherently less than. If anything portraying us positively would contradict all the racist bullshyt and remind the world of what we are/were before slavery and colonization.

I know this is the gaming forum and I'm ranting, but this topic has always pissed me off. The justifications used to defend this shyt is straight up an insult to the intelligence of any one with logic and common sense. Doesn't matter if it's Disney movies, sci-fi shyt, LOTR, whatever. Somehow portraying us would ruin the immersion. It's why I've largely stopped fukking with anime or playing games like Genshin Impact. How you gone make this huge open world based on real nations/continents, but not include the fukking cradle of human civilization? :mjlol:
I think the most frustrating thing about all of this they will steal from black culture to profit, but don't want to include us. Just look at all of these live service games that used black culture to profit, but tell most of them to create thoughtful black characters and you'll hear crickets.

Then if you look at the Asian music industry they're all heavily influenced by r&b, rap, and our artists. However, they won't show black people respect and act shook when they have to interact with black people. Then with most genres that are started off by black people, it ends up being whitewashed and pushes out black artists.

Anyways, I think the major issue like said ITT is that we need people in power or black investors to invest in our content. It is frustrating that including black characters creates a lot of negative noise and the erasure of black people in history is always concerning.

Last edited:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Wild hearts a game I'm playing now has a great spread of different races and is clearly a Japanese game in a fantasy Japanese era.

Infact one of the main story characters is randomly a black woman.

The fact there isn't a single FF game that can or has done this is pretty sad.
Barret is literally black :dahell:

Sazh is a breh in FF13.

And Strangers of Paradise had a playable breh. Ash....

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and that's why indies are important

cats love poo poo'in on the indie parts of the shows that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony do but they are necessary and important.
This

Because after all that whining and screaming at other nikkas to be nice to you, your dollar is still louder than your voice or angry tweets

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alternatives like crowdfunding exist, even if you had to rely on a white publisher or parent company it would be a much better situation than we have now and could grow into true independence like the music industry.

Sounds like an argument for getting into publishing/financing anything successful, then growing to a point where to can make these types of decisions, less Coogler more McQueen. Just a thought.
Link to info about McQueen? What does he do differently?

I know he's a director but that's about all I know about him

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Link to info about McQueen? What does he do differently?
I know he's a director but that's about all I know about him
I was referencing Gizmo's quote below, two directors who started small and got to the point they could make bigger decisions as apposed to McQueen who made movies that were 90% white until he gained popularity with 12 years a slave and hasn't looked back.
Yeah, essentially the best way to go about is the Coogler, Peele effect, get them to direct games support them and have them be successful so when they get their next project they get to hire who they want

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Barret is literally black :dahell:

Sazh is a breh in FF13.

And Strangers of Paradise had a playable breh. Ash....
If you look over my post I was talking about mainline games. But even if you don't count mainline FF games the only ones are the ones you mentioned so 3, plus the "darker skin" characters in the mmo

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Can’t believe Square let this happen in FF16 after doing a okay job of having black people in FF7 Remake.

They gave the black lady a small honey bee “quest” in the get Cloud a Dress storyline. It was optional so I’m sure a lot of people missed it and walked past her :mjpls:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
At this point it's stupid on Square's part but whatever...

they really need to make sure ff doesn't become more niche then it is