Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Stop playing with me muthufukka:comeon:
:dead: Not even from the thread you're talking about, pure semantics based off one word
Saying a Black writer could have been better is not the same as advocating for whites and Asians to write Black characters as a novelty, I was speaking only on the art not the industry.
That's the entire quote, saying 'dave can build a better house than tim' is not saying 'dave should build your house'

you can't even troll effectively, should've misconstrued a comment from the forspoken thread instead if you want to trip me up

I'm done:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I mean, it's not white people who are going out here making these artificial intelligence images that are portraying black people in settings which they are basically non-existent in real life.

What I'm saying is I feel like there's a lot of black people who are starved for being in the thick of all these kind of stories and settings and whatnot but not really getting it in reality.

Basically we want our own shyt and want to be the heroes and the predominant group represented in these settings, instead of always getting the Jon Snow's and the Luke skywalkers and Harry Potter's along with a cast of people in the same group.
Yes but nobody is going to give us our own shyt

That's up to us

Until then you're gonna be tokens and side characters with the occasional main character bones thrown at you

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Yes but nobody is going to give us our own shyt

That's up to us

I agree. But the black community as a whole really ain't checking for these types of fantastical mediums. A lot of us like it but even more of us don't care for it. I'm sure there's tons of black people out here who have great ideas for things, but it never takes off because of no funding or no interest in thus there's no incentive to really pursue it

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Why doesn't Square Enix have black writers if the HQ id based here in America???:patrice: anyone find it odd???

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:dead: Not even from the thread you're talking about, pure semantics based off one word

That's the entire quote, saying 'dave can build a better house than tim' is not saying 'dave should build your house'

you can't even troll effectively, should've misconstrued a comment from the forspoken thread instead if you want to trip me up

I'm done:russ:
I’m talking about your own words. :what:

I’m not trying to trip you up. You were literally just talking about how a black character in a square enix game would have been better if they were written by a black person. People told you quit bytching it ain’t that deep.

Now the next square enix game has black people saying it would be better to have black people working on or in the game and you are telling those people quit bytching and begging.

The disconnect in your logic is absolutely fukking baffling right now.:mjlol:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:francis:Im not saying that black people. Can’t voice their opinions. But we should already know. What type of timing most, Japanese people are on. Look no further than the protagonists. Of the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid series. And tell me what you see. Not saying there’s no black representation in video games. But it’s going to take more black people. To get in the gaming industry. To see more black faces in video games.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. But the black community as a whole really ain't checking for these types of fantastical mediums. A lot of us like it but even more of us don't care for it. I'm sure there's tons of black people out here who have great ideas for things, but it never takes off because of no funding or no interest in thus there's no incentive to really pursue it
I don't believe that at all, especially when you look at how many black folks loved Game Of Thrones

Do you realize how many black people fukk with Harry Potter? ESPECIALLY black women?

You're selling black people short in this regard

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I don't believe that at all, especially when you look at how many black folks loved Game Of Thrones

Do you realize how many black people fukk with Harry Potter? ESPECIALLY black women?

You're selling black people short in this regard

I feel like there would be a lot more things to show for it if there was a huge incentive and drive for the market in our community

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:francis:Im not saying that black people. Can’t voice their opinions. But we should already know. What type of timing most, Japanese people are on. Look no further than the protagonists. Of the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid series. And tell me what you see. Not saying there’s no black representation in video games. But it’s going to take more black people. To get in the gaming industry. To see more black faces in video games.

Smash bros had 89 characters from all nintendo and 3rd party games and none of them were black, and i sat and thought about what black characters they could include and couldn’t even think of any.

People act like its one game or one company are delusional.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

True, someone has to do something new from the ground up.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like there would be a lot more things to show for it if there was a huge incentive and drive for the market in our community
If that were the case black people would have a lot to show for a lot

This goes back to my original post in here that there's TOO much begging for inclusion and NOT ENOUGH building of our own. This is indisputable. There's an enormous void in the black community when it comes to fantasy and sci Fi. Black folks love the shyt

Now what has changed in recent years, notably the last decade, is black women are writing a LOT of fantasy novels, especially in the Harry Potter vein. They're telling the stories but then there's an issue of us not having the mediums to adapt these stories into games and movies.

So while we're making strides in the storytelling aspect we still got a long way to go in building infrastructure which is what bothers me so much about constant " :to: but where the black people" complaints. We so eager and used to banging on the door asking nikkas to please include us

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

This goes back to my original post in here that there's TOO much begging for inclusion and NOT ENOUGH building of our own. This is indisputable. There's an enormous void in the black community when it comes to fantasy and sci Fi. Black folks love the shyt

Now what has changed in recent years, notably the last decade, is black women are writing a LOT of fantasy novels, especially in the Harry Potter vein. They're telling the stories but then there's an issue of us not having the mediums to adapt these stories into games and movies.

So while we're making strides in the storytelling aspect we still got a long way to go in building infrastructure which is what bothers me so much about constant " :to: but where the black people" complaints

Would be dope to have something on the scale of black panther, thats not black panther, but who’s gonna make it? Naughty Dog got a black director :sas2:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

So while we're making strides in the storytelling aspect we still got a long way to go in building infrastructure which is what bothers me so much about constant " :to: but where the black people" complaints
Games, especially AAA are now worldwide commodities. Nobody is “building their own” this is a game that’s funded by an American company, made by a japanese developer and set in Medieval europe.

It’s not too much to ask to have some black folks involved in the game somewhere.