Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
:sas2:Just so y’all know. RDC is creating an anime. That will be on HBO. Hopefully y’all support them bruhs.
Dark lights

I heard this was cancelled during the HBO Max merger, and they're looking for a home for it, hope it works out.

I'm very anxious about how it's gonna turn out, skit comedians usually don't translate well into traditional media plus based on how Mark talks about art in general I'm worried it won't be very good. But I don't watch anime, so what do I know.

The art style in the preview looked cool

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
what are u talking about??? the remakewith barett is dope now... :childplease: but i get what you saying japanese devs have been fukked up with black characters:francis:
He got a fukking gun on his arm. He loud as hell. He's an embarrassing caricature. If that's how they're doing black people it's better they don't. Sazh is also a dancing goofball with guns yet again. He might have been somewhat better but still not good enough.

Why can't the black person be normal? The devs live in a country where black people don't really live so their exposure to them is nonexistent. They end up using stereotypes as a base.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
He got a fukking gun on his arm. He loud as hell. He's an embarrassing caricature. If that's how they're doing black people it's better they don't. Sazh is also a dancing goofball with guns yet again. He might have been somewhat better but still not good enough.

Why can't the black person be normal? The devs live in a country where black people don't really live so their exposure to them is nonexistent. They end up using stereotypes as a base.

Have you played the remake???:ld:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah I have and he's still a caricature. If the best they can do is a walking Mr. T parody then don't.

Whoa whoa... i found him rather refreshing all things considered... there are great moments too with how he treats marlene... yeah the character is a bit over the top but everyone in the damned series is a caricature...:mjlol: aerith perky party girl... cloud emo quiet leader Cid foul mouthed sailor Red13 sarcastic science experiment... did you also know the guy who actually voices barett in the remake is actually a black voice actor... :manny: I mean damn give them some credit for trying...

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I heard this was cancelled during the HBO Max merger, and they're looking for a home for it, hope it works out.

I'm very anxious about how it's gonna turn out, skit comedians usually don't translate well into traditional media plus based on how Mark talks about art in general I'm worried it won't be very good. But I don't watch anime, so what do I know.

like god damn brehs can't escape electric powers :damn:

Yeah hope it works out

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

like god damn brehs can't escape electric powers :damn:

Yeah hope it works out

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Whoa whoa... i found him rather refreshing all things considered... there are great moments too with how he treats marlene... yeah the character is a bit over the top but everyone in the damned series is a caricature...:mjlol: aerith perky party girl... cloud emo quiet leader Cid foul mouthed sailor Red13 sarcastic science experiment... did you also know the guy who actually voices barett in the remake is actually a black voice actor... :manny: I mean damn give them some credit for trying...
Why can’t the black characters in this series at least resemble normal people? Why do they have to have all these outlandish traits? Where are the black swordsmen? They all gotta use guns and be over the top.

Xenoblade 3 had a brown skinned protagonist that at least resembled a normal person and was more intelligent and introspective than the rest of the party. Square hasn’t shown the ability to make a normal black character.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Why can’t the black characters in this series at least resemble normal people? Why do they have to have all these outlandish traits? Where are the black swordsmen? They all gotta use guns and be over the top.

Xenoblade 3 had a brown skinned protagonist that at least resembled a normal person and was more intelligent and introspective than the rest of the party. Square hasn’t shown the ability to make a normal black character.

IDK i didnt make the game... :childplease: :mjlol: maybe you should you should direct your questions to these japanese game writers???:ld:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Non-Black writers don't have the range to portray a Black character without some type of racial trope because they don't see us as people in the same sense as their own race. They use other races as a novelty, like orcs and goblins.