Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without spoiling the OG?

The OG technically is unchanged. This is some new timeline shyt... Sephiroth showing up to troll Cloud early and Aeris being this attuned so early on implies the FF7 move Advent Children is where this new game picks up from.

Its timeline fukkery

@Brief Keef this ^^^

nothing changes the original whatsoever, but your continued playthrough of the original is probably going to be a lot different to what you will probably play in part 2 of the remake

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
Let me ask a question, is there a way to watch this video game like a movie without playing the game? Watching all the informational cut scenes on a video in linear order? I don't play video games. But 20 years I played FFVII in high school :flabbynsick: and completed it and love the story and characters. Is there anything like that for this?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me ask a question, is there a way to watch this video game like a movie without playing the game? Watching all the informational cut scenes on a video in linear order? I don't play video games. But 20 years I played FFVII in high school :flabbynsick: and completed it and love the story and characters. Is there anything like that for this?

Was about to say give it a month and someone would of spliced all the cutscenes together like a movie on YouTube like they do with all AAA games, turns out somebody already did it (it’s obviously long as shyt tho)

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Man ive been avoiding this thread like the goddam coronavirus. Im in ch 14. I really hope they didnt switch shyt up crazy in this ending, im dying to know what the fuss is about so im determined to finish this game by the weekend

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man ive been avoiding this thread like the goddam coronavirus. Im in ch 14. I really hope they didnt switch shyt up crazy in this ending, im dying to know what the fuss is about so im determined to finish this game by the weekend
Stay the fukk out. Don't ruin this for yourself :ufdup:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this and honestly :manny: if that's how they feel about FF7 then let em. They did a great job with everything aside from that how hard they had to work to take the timeline off the tracks.

As long as they come with something better than putty patrol, I'm whatever.

I'm still not sure Jessie is dead. Wedge stuck inside of Shinra :huhldup:. Zack possibly being alive and in Midgar... The new take on Wutai is wild too. They did a lot with this shyt and it was actually quality until they went blunt force with the plot ghosts and full anime at the end.

Barret was always a piece of shyt. But its hard to ignore how much of a slime he is this time around. Red 13 was around for all of 4 hours but he was great the whole time.

:mjpls:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
He is really, really hard to empathize with this time around - at least at this point. President Shinra had him stuttering at the end too...

"You could ask for anything - but you want your name cleared? :sas1: What about shutting down the reactors at all costs? :sas2:"

I know he's got development later on but dude's at-all-costs stuff was just harder to empathize with. I'm not sure where they're gonna take it either. Avalanche 'HQ' said that Barret's cell was too extreme and the way that dude walks right by the chaos he believes his group has created is just grimy. And he's got the nerve to pick fights with people for saying his group is associated with Wutai?

He childish. But the whole cast had shyt they had to move through. Just never liked Barret for the unapologetic streak.

I guess that's why I'm looking forward to his confrontation with Dyne so much too. If they can make these nobodies significant and give Cloud more depth and growth in this one arc than the original, Crisis Core, and Advent Children, then Red and Barret's stories gonna hit hard as hell.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Without spoiling the OG?

The OG technically is unchanged. This is some new timeline shyt... Sephiroth showing up to troll Cloud early and Aeris being this attuned so early on implies the FF7 movie Advent Children is where this new game picks up from.

Its timeline fukkery
i never played or saw that so that doesnt help

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Does it really count as a reboot? I call it a sequel because the events of the first game already happened. A reboot is a brand new way of telling a story. The plot from the first game is in this game. It’s a sequel.

FFVII-2
so when pt 2 comes out its gonns be the sequel to 7 ??:patrice::jbhmm: so what about everything that happens after midgar the next game is gonna be all new shyt then ?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i never played or saw that so that doesnt help

FF7 Original > Advent Children > 7 Remake

advent Children was a feature film set a couple of years after the Main Game, Sephiroth Returns at the End and Cloud & Sephiroth Fight (similar the the end fight on Remake) cloud Wins and Sephiroth “Dies” again..

somehow in the Remake That Sephiroth has found a way back to the original timeline and plans to alter it so he can change the future so he wins in the end

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It’s a sequel to the original FF7 disguised as a remake
so they didnt wanna call it FF7 2 to not piss og fans off because they remembered what happened with 13-2 and X-2 but they managed to piss og fans off anyway once they figure it out ??? :ohhh::ohhh: and they knew they couldnt start the beginning of the game with this ending because the OG fans would know off rip and not fukk with it :ohhh:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so when pt 2 comes out its gonns be the sequel to 7 ??:patrice::jbhmm: so what about everything that happens after midgar the next game is gonna be all new shyt then ?
Technically this first part is a sequel, and yes probably, I don’t see any other reason as to why they have changed things this much so that “they are no longer bound to their destiny” if they didn’t plan to massively change events