Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but wouldnt he considered past sephiroth in the cloud's visions cuz at the end he really appears ?? so basically they doing some avengers thano's shyt ??
Yes kinda, this really isn’t your fault for not understanding this shyt properly either, I imagine 99% of people who played this remake but never played through the original are just as confused, another reason why this ending was a poor choice imo :yeshrug:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea that makes sense i guess hook the OG fans in with stuff they know that happens in the OG and hit em with a haymaker they never see coming at the end...guess it woulda been too easy to make a 1 to 1 remake...they prob been wanted to make a sequel too...they prob were too scared to back then :wow: shady square
This is exactly how I see it

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
In the original there's like 4 sephiroths that appear, the real one doesn't show up until close to the end when the reunion happens. In this one there's expected to be one future sephiroth and then the other ones are the fake ones, I'm guessing the one that he saw in the shinra tower that stole Jenova's body is the fake one from the OG, but the one at the end is future sephiroth, because he wanted to entice Cloud to kill the whisper being, so he can change the flow of time uninterrupted
:mindblown:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
so when pt 2 comes out its gonns be the sequel to 7 ??:patrice::jbhmm: so what about everything that happens after midgar the next game is gonna be all new shyt then ?
I’d say this remake is the part 2 to 7. The story is different, but the story of the OG 7 still happened and are showed in this game.

Idk if it’s all gonna be brand new, but I think they’ll try to add more into the story. Like I feel they’ll make wutai even more playable and more important in the story.

I don’t think they’ll change up the game story that much; I still feel it’ll go the same as the OG, but they’ll add many different parts of each world, some extra stuff in the story, and maybe even have another final boss after sephiroth or they might change him.

So, I still feel the story will go on like the OG, like they’ll go to the same places and stuff, but they’ll add so much new shyt to it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all talking some Kingdom Hearts 2.8÷2(3+4)= X shyt in here :mjlol:. I gotta play the OG again because I never finished over 20 years ago :skip:.

I'm indifferent to the ending because I already had a feeling it would be changed but this is a huge change

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Y'all talking some Kingdom Hearts 2.8÷2(3+4)= X shyt in here :mjlol:. I gotta play the OG again because I never finished over 20 years ago :skip:.

I'm indifferent to the ending because I already had a feeling it would be changed but this is a huge change
:dead:

For real though, at least consider giving Advent Children a rewatch.

I'm probably gonna mod up an FF7 OG run at some point too.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

For real though, at least consider giving Advent Children a rewatch.

I'm probably gonna mod up an FF7 OG run at some point too.
I never beat OG FFVII and never watched Advent Children so I'm a bit lost on the lore here. The dude at the end Zack I remembered near the end as the main character in the PSP final fantasy game I briefly played. Story starting to sound like Kingdom Hearts now and KH story is confusing as fukk.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I never beat OG FFVII and never watched Advent Children so I'm a bit lost on the lore here. The dude at the end Zack I remembered near the end as the main character in the PSP final fantasy game I briefly played. Story starting to sound like Kingdom Hearts now and KH story is confusing as fukk.
Its not quite Kingdom Hearts level bullshyt... but its definitely further off the rails than Xenosaga or a Metal Gear Solid which is saying a lot.

But without ruining your experience with OG and the other stuff, Sephiroth basically was okay with 'dying' but not losing completely. This is alternate universe that's been altered in more ways than one.

The overall implications are wild but it doesn't necessarily change any existing works because they're already done. What happened still happened, but characters have those flashback or memories as a sort of reference in some ways and Seph (as well as Aeris who's clearly not showing her complete hand.... she is out here handing out visions to Marlene and Red of all people) is using it as a playbook to push people in certain directions. I'd be upset if they didn't do a great job across the board with everything outside of the heavyhandedness of the plotghosts :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its not quite Kingdom Hearts level bullshyt... but its definitely further off the rails than Xenosaga or a Metal Gear Solid which is saying a lot.

But without ruining your experience with OG and the other stuff, Sephiroth basically was okay with 'dying' but not losing completely. This is alternate universe that's been altered in more ways than one.

The overall implications are wild but it doesn't necessarily change any existing works because they're already done. What happened still happened, but characters have those flashback or memories as a sort of reference in some ways and Seph (as well as Aeris who's clearly not showing her complete hand.... she is out here handing out visions to Marlene and Red of all people) is using it as a playbook to push people in certain directions. I'd be upset if they didn't do a great job across the board with everything outside of the heavyhandedness of the plotghosts :manny:
I think I'm going to continue the old one so I can have a fresh recall and idea of the OG story.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I loved the ending. I mean granted, I'm probably one of the biggest Kingdom Hearts fans on the planet... But I like it a lot.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that what we're seeing isn't necessarily what we think it is. Much to think about, and I'll make a theory-post on it shortly.

I'll say this though. Considering how well Square made the Remake, and then changed it up in the last hour or so... They're ballsy. They know exactly how people would take a change like this, so the question is... Why? They're not fools over there (at least, that's what I believe). I've got some ideas, but oh man. Much to think about, much to discuss.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I loved the ending. I mean granted, I'm probably one of the biggest Kingdom Hearts fans on the planet... But I like it a lot.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that what we're seeing isn't necessarily what we think it is. Much to think about, and I'll make a theory-post on it shortly.

I'll say this though. Considering how well Square made the Remake, and then changed it up in the last hour or so... They're ballsy. They know exactly how people would take a change like this, so the question is... Why? They're not fools over there (at least, that's what I believe). I've got some ideas, but oh man. Much to think about, much to discuss.
They weren't lying when they said they're remaking FFVII :troll:.