Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Simply put for me it comes down to this..

reworking the story = Its either gonna be great or trash

keeping the story the same = We know this is would be great..it’s proven

It comes down to me not liking the gamble because they already had a an amazing story to run with
I'm in the same boat as you and I honestly am disappointed that we didn't get a true remake/remaster. I might be in the minority but I wanted FF7 and not FF7-2.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this is kind of a weird sequel remake hybrid. I'm not super mad at the direction...I just know the execution is going to end up poorly. Sephiroth as a party member and a good guy....Aerith living....endless amounts of fan service for no real reason.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
For everyone who beat this and the original, how do you feel about all the changes?
Its great imo. at least so far.

The original story is looked upon with the most rose tinted of glasses. Every character they've tried to flesh out and improve, they've nailed. All the thematic stuff is better organized.
I can't believe they actually went this route with the story. I thought I was trippin, but this shyt really an alternate timeline :gucci:

Its really a sequel to Advent Children :dead: i say fukk it. let it happen

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its great imo. at least so far.

The original story is looked upon with the most rose tinted of glasses.

I don’t think that’s true, people just saw how good of a job they did with the story up until that point and want to see the rest in that vain, instead of potentially certain parts getting completely re worked or left out altogether

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don’t think that’s true, people just saw how good of a job they did with the story up until that point and want to see the rest in that vain, instead of potentially certain parts getting completely re worked or left out altogether
There are plot ghosts popping up really, really early in the game though. And they make subtle, huge changes all over the place. The ending is the abrupt "Yes, lets talk about Crisis Core, Dirge, and Advent Children now" along with maximum anime energy which I definitely understand is jarring...

But I think people are picking and choosing what they like about the changes, what they remember from FF7 (and this includes the actual events as well as the tone of the game at certain points), and being suckered by the 'Remake' naming. Its more remaking the timeline than remaking the game. Which is dumb as hell, but very Japan :manny:

I think for a first shot, they knocked it out of the park on everything that they shot for. The problem with a lot of anime storytelling is that the endings usually suck because stories are written for the journey's rather than the destination. I also have zero faith that they'll maintain this quality for the whole new FF7 series. It would be a first for SE.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah this is kind of a weird sequel remake hybrid. I'm not super mad at the direction...I just know the execution is going to end up poorly. Sephiroth as a party member and a good guy....Aerith living....endless amounts of fan service for no real reason.

I'm afraid of this, and people are just going to eat it up and defend it blindly until the franchise gets completely run to the ground because that's how internet culture is these days.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm afraid of this, and people are just going to eat it up and defend it blindly until the franchise gets completely run to the ground because that's how internet culture is these days.
I don't think Seph is gonna get turned around like that. If anything they're aiming to make him some multi-dimensional god.

The possibility of Zack being alive is wild though... There's a lot of little weird shyt that doesn't get touched on in some of the spoiler shyt I've come across. Parts of Aerith's mom being scattered around, Wedge being stuck in Shinra, Don Corneo having Wutai pull and not just fukking around there on a vacation spot, Rufus being a legit problem instead of a spoiled piece of shyt, labs underneath the slums, Neo-Midgar looking WAY too much like the Gardens from FF8, Avalanche 'HQ', etc

shyt, Barret dying too :russ:

All I know is that when playing through it, none of it really bothered me except the frequency of plotghosts. (Really felt like a pure Evangelion move.... Whispers being mad fans who are protecting things they don't want changed works lol). I'm gonna just keep my head low on the news for FF7R Part 2. Going into this one without following the coverage leading up to it seemed to be right move for me at least.

But if they're gonna keep making moments from the OG as hype in the sequels, then I got no reason to not be along for the ride.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I honestly don't even want to post in the main thread anymore because this game's moments are so damn incredible that any mention of them ahead of time just ruin it. Even the gameplay has surprises I don't want to bring up.

There's so much little stuff that this game just hits spot on and makes it into such a perfect high point... For all the people who mention how changes ruin the game too - Rufus is NOTHING like how he was in the original. He was a dweeb who hid behind the Turks much of the game and popped shyt from safety behind his armies. In this joint? Dude's swagger is off the charts and he lets you know it the whole time he's dancing on you in one of the best fights in the game. I felt dirty even mentioning the Ifrit summon during the Bahamut fight.

I think that's why I'm so onboard with the changes. If they're making encounters like that better, then Barret vs Dyne? Cloud and Sephiroth vs random ass dragon that was minding its own business? Cosmo Canyon? shyt. If the Wall Market was hype, then imagine Golden Saucer's Coliseum. I really hope they keep the development team together (and let the same people who designed Shinra HQ and all the other set pieces get the resources they need to design the transitional and common areas as well. Its painfully obvious how where one team's work ended and the next began.

The game is sensational. I don't think I've ever seen a JRPG hit like this.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly don't even want to post in the main thread anymore because this game's moments are so damn incredible that any mention of them ahead of time just ruin it. Even the gameplay has surprises I don't want to bring up.

There's so much little stuff that this game just hits spot on and makes it into such a perfect high point... For all the people who mention how changes ruin the game too - Rufus is NOTHING like how he was in the original. He was a dweeb who hid behind the Turks much of the game and popped shyt from safety behind his armies. In this joint? Dude's swagger is off the charts and he lets you know it the whole time he's dancing on you in one of the best fights in the game. I felt dirty even mentioning the Ifrit summon during the Bahamut fight.

I think that's why I'm so onboard with the changes. If they're making encounters like that better, then Barret vs Dyne? Cloud and Sephiroth vs random ass dragon that was minding its own business? Cosmo Canyon? shyt. If the Wall Market was hype, then imagine Golden Saucer's Coliseum. I really hope they keep the development team together (and let the same people who designed Shinra HQ and all the other set pieces get the resources they need to design the transitional and common areas as well. Its painfully obvious how where one team's work ended and the next began.

The game is sensational. I don't think I've ever seen a JRPG hit like this.
I REALLY hope they keep the Cloud & Sephiroths Journey to the reactor in the flashback completely playable, imagine Playing against some big ass dragon with this gameplay/mechanics with just you as cloud and an overpowered Sephiroth.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I REALLY hope they keep the Cloud & Sephiroths Journey to the reactor in the flashback completely playable, imagine Playing against some big ass dragon with this gameplay/mechanics with just you as cloud and an overpowered Sephiroth.
Considering what they did with Hojo's lab, the mansion is gonna be some other shyt :wow:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
just finished the game yall brehs gotta help me understand wtf i just seen as yall know i was playin thru OG FFVII before this dropped i got up to only the caves...so i know none of that shyt happened in the OG before u left midgar so brehs wtf does this mean ?? :dam: without spoiling the OG of course

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
just finished the game yall brehs gotta help me understand wtf i just seen as yall know i was playin thru OG FFVII before this dropped i got up to only the caves...so i know none of that shyt happened in the OG before u left midgar so brehs wtf does this mean ?? :dam: without spoiling the OG of course
Without spoiling the OG?

The OG technically is unchanged. This is some new timeline shyt... Sephiroth showing up to troll Cloud early and Aeris being this attuned so early on implies the FF7 movie Advent Children is where this new game picks up from.

Its timeline fukkery

Last edited: