Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
What do u mean by fake town? Was there something I missed from the OG game?

After the incident Shinra rebuilt Nibelheim and installed actors/fake families to cover up what Sephiroth had done.

If you go through Hojo's notes in the Shinra mansion he talks about this. If you get Tifa's level 4 limit break there's also a note from her teacher talking about it.

This is why they all pretend not to know about the incident, and why none of ghem acknowledge Cloud/Tifa.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
After the incident Shinra rebuilt Nibelheim and installed actors/fake families to cover up what Sephiroth had done.

If you go through Hojo's notes in the Shinra mansion he talks about this. If you get Tifa's level 4 limit break there's also a note from her teacher talking about it.

This is why they all pretend not to know about the incident, and why none of ghem acknowledge Cloud/Tifa.
Yeah that’s what I heard.

So someone said it the backwards. They said it was fake and filled with actors and sephiroth didn’t really do that.

But the actors came after, I see.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
You mean the incident? (Not the fake town Shinra sets up after the incident).

Never heard that it was fake. It has been told from 3 different perspectives (in 4 mediums) and there are different accounts but too many similarities for it to be fake.

1. OG: Cloud’s fukked up memory is what happened to Zack, his real memory is:

- go to Nibelheim
- Sephiroth finds out about the experimentations/Jenova
- goes insane and kills everyone
- one shots Zack, Cloud stabs Sephiroth, Sephiroth stabs Cloud who then yeets him into the lifestream

2. Crisis Core: everything the same except GENESIS is the one who first tells Sephiroth about the experimentations and the Zack/Sephiroth fight is much longer.

3. Before Crisis: Turks perspective. Only difference is that they claim Sephiroth jumped into the lifestream (my theory is they do this to write Cloud out of the story, perhaps even on Hojo's orders).

4. Last Order: in line with Crisis Core.

The only ambiguity seems to be how much of a fight Zack put up, and perhaps why Cloud was able to overpower Sephiroth and throw him into the lifestream.
Thanks for this post I keep forgetting some of this shyt.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Cloud went through a lot of shyt.

Have you ever heard that rumor that the nilbelhim thing was fake or something?
I clearly remember from the OG cloud was fukked up in the head.

There's not that many main characters in a videogame as fukked up and UNRELIABLE as Cloud due to his memories being screwed up and maturity level stunted.

This is why I love Cloud so much cause to me, he's one of the most realistic main characters. None of that fake goofy upbeat shyt.

However they couldn't show too much of why he's jacked up in the Remake probably cause this game was only supposed to cover the intro.

Can't believe they expanded the intro into a 60 hour game wtf lol. Took me 79 hours due to grinding though.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yea I don’t know none of this shyt.
I just assumed the ending meant that they changed their destined fate from the OG games and that now things wouldn’t certainly happen as they did in the OG.