FFVll Fans: Was Barrett c00ning?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
A good "dad" (Dyne RIP), the leader of a group trying to save the world, and one hell of a teammate if you know how to play him....

With that posted; He doesn't understand materia (we don't do much reading c00nality), "oh hell naw" (One of the many words used in C00nology) is used every other sentence, and he curses up a storm....now one could argue that so does Cid, so we can ignore the last one....but he was definitely c00ning every time he spoke....

to be fair however....the Japs were never taught about slavery or the whole black face thing in school, so they're pretty oblivious to what c00ning even is.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Man you coli niccas are the worst :what:

Barret was a fuccin great character

And so fuccin what if he was speaking ebonics/slang...i use slang every day in my fuccin life stop being embarassed by your own sh1t you clowns

That's still c00ning. Ebonics is not endearing, its a poor excuse for not knowing common English. I'm not saying you have to use 4+ syllable words, but one shouldn't sound like they're waiting to play mamie.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's still c00ning. Ebonics is not endearing, its a poor excuse for not knowing common English. I'm not saying you have to use 4+ syllable words, but one shouldn't sound like they're waiting to play mamie.
Man :camby: gtfo...do you know how much slang shakespeare used in his plays? :stopitslime: he made up words ffs. Slang and ebonics are just unconventional localised forms of communicating...got the nerve to say its co0ning and you haven't even got a proper grasp of the term :dead:

:what: this stupid ass post.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Man :camby: gtfo...do you know how much slang shakespeare used in his plays? :stopitslime: he made up words ffs. Slang and ebonics are just unconventional localised forms of communicating...got the nerve to say its co0ning and you haven't even got a proper grasp of the term :dead:

:what: this stupid ass post.

You just compared ebonics to shakespeare.... :comeon:

:ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I liked the character. Yes he was based on a stereotype of a black man, but i thought they still wrote a quality story for him.

Wasn't like he had big pink lips and was eating watermelon.

He was a real ass nikka that started the revolution.

And I used him for the entire game. Those of you saying you didn't use him might be the c00ns:ufdup:

this. but he did speak ebonics.

Again, that just shows how they should have had someone black on staff to help. The images we have projected of us in the media that is shared worldwide directly led to the way the Japs wrote the character and what they think of the way black people talk/act. That being said, they did him justice though even if he was based on an ebonic stereotyped version of nikkaz. :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
His voice actor sounds like he doing a Mr T impression. So the execution of the character is very dated and stereotypical, but his overall Character arc is good. He ain't c00ning, they just needed a better voice actor i think. John Eric Bentley is kinda trash, should've gotten phil lamar.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
His voice actor sounds like he doing a Mr T impression. So the execution of the character is very dated and stereotypical, but his overall Character arc is good. He ain't c00ning, they just needed a better voice actor i think. John Eric Bentley is kinda trash, should've gotten phil lamar.

Or Orlando Jones :yes: