FFVll Fans: Was Barrett c00ning?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Barret was supposed to a regular blue collar worker with a foul mouth like Cid, it's the Square USA translators.

was he? i'm guessing you've played the japanese version and are fluent in japanese?

you act like japs haven't created sambo caricatures before

Daps
Reppin
Canada
was he? i'm guessing you've played the japanese version and are fluent in japanese?

If you noticed Sazh wasn't anything like that, in fact he was arguably the deepest character in FF13. I'm more inclined to believe that narrative, and many of the black main characters that I've seen in Japanese stories were not the American stereotype.

bogey_j

Daps
If you noticed Sazh wasn't anything like that, in fact he was arguably the deepest character in FF13. I'm more inclined to believe that narrative, and many of the black main characters that I've seen in Japanese stories were not the American stereotype.

the deepest character in FF13 yall

tumblr_o2fuhnYi7F1qe9lpso1_500.gif

2010-04-11_171502.png

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm not fluent in Japanese (I can understand and read a little) but Barrett isn't some Ebonics speaking moron. In Japanese, he's just really informal in his way of speaking and how he addresses people.

It's kinda hard to explain but Barrett treats everyone like they're the same class, except children. He'll address the CEO of a corporation the same way he addresses a homeless man which is one of the reasons he's such a good leader. If he respects you, he respects you. Class, race, or even being human doesn't matter to him.

bogey_j

Daps
There was nothing sambo about Barrett :comeon:

i'm talking about in general bruh

like 75% the black characters in anime are on some racist sambo shyt

mrblack.jpg

but japan always gets a pass from you c00ns for some reason :ohhh: yall cape for japan so hard its disgusting

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the deepest character in FF13 yall

tumblr_o2fuhnYi7F1qe9lpso1_500.gif

2010-04-11_171502.png

Did you play the game? Does Sazh having an Afro make him any less deep?

Sazh is the most level-headed, mature, and human character in the entire game. He's also has some of the strongest sense of moral Justice and he acts as the father figure for the entire group.

In fact, his most powerful personality trait is his unwavering devotion to those he sees as his kids (His actual son, the other party members, the chocobo in his hair) and that he'll put their needs above his own even if it's his life on the line.

Are you serious? Sazh is probably one of the best FF characters around.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Was FFVII re translated for the PS4 PSN release?