FFVll Fans: Was Barrett c00ning?

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He was from the slums, how was he supposed to talk?

That's what I mean though, the Jap version was just an underclass hero (not too far removed from a street black American). The American translation made him speak like Lena Dunham's idea of a black man (over the top prop/caricature).

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Hell yeah barrett was a straight up c00n. He spoke in ebonics and was constantly saying dumb shyt and doing dumb shyt. Plus he tried to play daddy to a cac bytch.

This is a Japanese game they have white people all up in their games and love these jiggaboo c00n characters:yeshrug:. I just hope they change his character in the remake tho
I'm sorry but you are a fukking bigot.
Why you gotta call a little girl by that deragotary term you fukkING PIECE OF shyt
AND IF YOU ACTUALLY KNEW THE STORY YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS RAISING HER IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU fukkING IGNORANT SEXIST BIGOT PIECE OF shyt I'LL BEAT YOUR FACE PC BLACK AND BLUE YOU fukkING PUNK
WHATS UP DUDE?
WHAT THE fukk IS UP YOU fukkING IDIOT

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I seriously doubt any black people had anything to do at all with the creation or writing of that character.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the character. Yes he was based on a stereotype of a black man, but i thought they still wrote a quality story for him.

Wasn't like he had big pink lips and was eating watermelon.

He was a real ass nikka that started the revolution.

And I used him for the entire game. Those of you saying you didn't use him might be the c00ns:ufdup:
Real nikka post :salute:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
shytty localisation. The real (Japanese) Barrett was just a disgruntled blue collar dude who happened to be black. Racist ass 'Murican cac translators made him speak "Ebonics".

wow, doesn't even shock me.

He was from the slums, how was he supposed to talk?

so everyone from the slums speaks ebonics :mjpls:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
shytty localisation. The real (Japanese) Barrett was just a disgruntled blue collar dude who happened to be black. Racist ass 'Murican cac translators made him speak "Ebonics".

cut that corny 'murican meme bullshyt :scusthov: only corny euro cacs say that shyt

not surprised the weeaboos on here caping for the japanese tho :cape:

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Cloud
Barrett
Tifa

That was my squad in this game, they all had crazy limit breaks that hit multiple times. But back on topic, Barrett wasn't a c00n but he was painted as being stereotypical based on dialogue not action. He was the initial leader of avalanche, who launched a rebellion against Shin-Ra. That's not c00n tactics although I am interested in the original translation based on one of the post in this thread