FFVll Fans: Was Barrett c00ning?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Were black people even oppressed in that universe and were there racial discrimination like in ours?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
FnR1be4.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm sorry but you are a fukking bigot.
Why you gotta call a little girl by that deragotary term you fukkING PIECE OF shyt
AND IF YOU ACTUALLY KNEW THE STORY YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS RAISING HER IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU fukkING IGNORANT SEXIST BIGOT PIECE OF shyt I'LL BEAT YOUR FACE PC BLACK AND BLUE YOU fukkING PUNK
WHATS UP DUDE?
WHAT THE fukk IS UP YOU fukkING IDIOT
:mjlol:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
...But back on topic, Barrett wasn't a c00n but he was painted as being stereotypical based on dialogue not action. He was the initial leader of avalanche, who launched a rebellion against Shin-Ra. That's not c00n tactics although I am interested in the original translation based on one of the post in this thread

:ufdup: This is the key distinction.
"Who was the square soft U.S.A. translation team that worked on the game?" is the real question. :sas2:

Though i do remember people acting up about him being the character with a gun:jbhmm: .........................:stopitslime::snoop:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Barret was a mainstay in my party...

Cloud, Barrett, Cid... don't know why the fukk I used Cid.. dude's last limit break was crap

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
cut that corny 'murican meme bullshyt :scusthov: only corny euro cacs say that shyt

not surprised the weeaboos on here caping for the japanese tho :cape:

Answering a question makes me a weeaboo gtfo :comeon:? And how am I caping for the Japanese when it was an American localization team that made him speak stereotypical Ebonics? You're out here caping for actual weeaboos (the Japanese speaking cacs who decided he should sound like a stereotype) :scusthov:.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Barrett doesn't even get half the credit he deserves. This guy put EVERYTHING on the line, single handily started and lead a revolution and gave the most dangerous organization on the planet that work. He also woke up everyone around him. He wasn't just "trying to be father" a white girl. He was father to everyone around him. People didn't rally around cloud. They rallied around Barrett, who would have outbursts from time to time because no one around him cared as much as he did.
Exactly shinra
I'm sorry but you are a fukking bigot.
Why you gotta call a little girl by that deragotary term you fukkING PIECE OF shyt
AND IF YOU ACTUALLY KNEW THE STORY YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS RAISING HER IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU fukkING IGNORANT SEXIST BIGOT PIECE OF shyt I'LL BEAT YOUR FACE PC BLACK AND BLUE YOU fukkING PUNK
WHATS UP DUDE?
WHAT THE fukk IS UP YOU fukkING IDIOT
Facts Barret was helping orphans..caused by the shinra corp...