Female Students unbraid Black Male Teacher's hair...outrage ensues edit: he's fired!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The parents gave him permission to film their kids unbraiding his hair.

The issue, to me, is the lack of self awareness.

It was innocent, but 2024, with Drake and Diddy loose...

:francis:
The parents are bozos too who probably wanted to repost on their pages for clout

:camby:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The parents are bozos too who probably wanted to repost on their pages for clout

:camby:

Kids still need protection even if being raised by stray dogs.

At some point the parents rights are superceded by general law and basic common sense where intervention is now vital as in this case.

And hopefully this dude won't get the chance to work with kids again.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Kids still need protection even if being raised by stray dogs.

At some point the parents rights are superceded by general law and basic common sense where intervention is now vital as in this case.

And hopefully this dude won't get the chance to work with kids again.

???

Wasn't absolving the parents of blame.

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet if this was some Jason momoa looking dude and a bunch of white girls playing in his hair this would’ve been a totally different outcome.
ummm...

when you typed that, what were thinking & feeling that statement would make us think about or raise awareness on? :jbhmm:

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ummm...

when you typed that, what were thinking & feeling that statement would make us think about or raise awareness on? :jbhmm:
just pointing out the double standards that would’ve been at play but don’t mind me breh.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He may have thought it was innocent and well intentioned but there’s a very fine line you have to walk as an educator.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I bet if this was some Jason momoa looking dude and a bunch of white girls playing in his hair this would’ve been a totally different outcome.

I doubt it, and if white people want to let their teens and preteens play in the hair of a grown man, that's on them. Shouldn't no grown man be having the contact info of some young girls that aren't related to them and then have them braid his hair and play the bestie game with them.

If this dude wasn't a teacher, but was instead a guy in the military who came to pick up 3 or 4 of these black girls in his van afterschool to take to his house to 'braid his hair', who would be cool with that? But because this dude is doing it in the public at school, we're supposed to be ok with it? Nah.