Female Princeton grad in letter to Princetonian: Female students, find hubby now!

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I actually thought this EXACT same sentiment the other day(well as it applies to men).

Gotta agree and was thinking back to my college days that i should have found a chick to marry while i was in college. The women are hot and smart and i'm sure the same can be said for the reverse side of it as it applies to women. If its all a numbers game you have no better shot at a quality mate than when you are in college.

Now i'm stuck in a factory in a podunk town and all i come across is average broads with above average self-esteem. :to:

Also a caveat i'd add is to ride it out with a chick til graduation or find one close to graduating, that way you're assured to have a a degree and potential for making real money down the line.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
That sounds logical cuz, but nowadays it doesn't even matter...They're only a small minority of people now that are selfless enough marriage, regardless of age

Hmm. I think that if people spend their 20's having their fill of partners and "fun", partying etc. then they'll be more willing to be faithful later in life as they've matured(although some don't). Being married at such a young age as 21-22, that's a time where people are still finding themselves and are still open minded and lust for adventure and fun. People tend to become more complacent as they age, so again I think the likelyhood of cheating will diminish if you wait until you're at least 30+ compared to 21-22:yeshrug:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Hmm. I think that if people spend their 20's having their fill of partners and "fun", partying etc. then they'll be more willing to be faithful later in life as they've matured(although some don't). Being married at such a young age as 21-22, that's a time where people are still finding themselves and are still open minded and lust for adventure and fun. People tend to become more complacent as they age, so again I think the likelyhood of cheating will diminish if you wait until you're at least 30+ compared to 21-22:yeshrug:
but stats say the opposite is the case. virgins and people with fewer sexual partners before marriage actually have a LOWER divorce rate than those that whore it up before marriage.

it's something like 5% divorce rate for people who marry as virgins or with very few sexual partners(1-2) as opposed to the divorce rate for everyone else which is 61%. and it makes pefect sense quite frankly...going out and racking up huge numbers while young male or female....all that's going to do it make it harder for one person to ever satisfy your sexual appetite as you'll be thinking about what past partners did better and such. it eventually causes most people to get restless and cheat... women lie ...men lie...numbers don't.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I actually thought this EXACT same sentiment the other day(well as it applies to men).

Gotta agree and was thinking back to my college days that i should have found a chick to marry while i was in college. The women are hot and smart and i'm sure the same can be said for the reverse side of it as it applies to women. If its all a numbers game you have no better shot at a quality mate than when you are in college.

Now i'm stuck in a factory in a podunk town and all i come across is average broads with above average self-esteem. :to:

Also a caveat i'd add is to ride it out with a chick til graduation or find one close to graduating, that way you're assured to have a a degree and potential for making real money down the line.

You in Martin? I went to school in Jackson, TN before transferring to a school back in civilization. Its the fukkin BOONIES down there. Stay strong breh :bryan:

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
You in Martin? I went to school in Jackson, TN before transferring to a school back in civilization. Its the fukkin BOONIES down there. Stay strong breh :bryan:

Yea breh i'm in Martin. Jackson is actually a step up from here but yea its all straight rolling cow pastures down this way. :loljay:

Glad someone round here knows my pain. :sadbron:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
but stats say the opposite is the case. virgins and people with fewer sexual partners before marriage actually have a LOWER divorce rate than those that whore it up before marriage.

it's something like 5% divorce rate for people who marry as virgins or with very few sexual partners(1-2) as opposed to the divorce rate for everyone else which is 61%. and it makes pefect sense quite frankly...going out and racking up huge numbers while young male or female....all that's going to do it make it harder for one person to ever satisfy your sexual appetite as you'll be thinking about what past partners did better and such. it eventually causes most people to get restless and cheat... women lie ...men lie...numbers don't.

If the stats back that up then ok you've convinced me:manny:
But honestly how many people in this country marry as virgins? I would imagine it's VERY few:leostare:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

It's the same every where.

Getting one outta college is better because you met them young and you can grow together.. you can share baggage, plus you meet her in a better physical shape and she knows that. It's easier to maintain, than to deal with a b1tch tryin to snap back after having a kid with the baby daddy situation you might have to deal with.

Or you might go seek the girls who didn't get wifed up at these good schools.. by 26 they are either career driven and independent of needed you for anything. ... Or they have been done wrong by too many men to ever be able to fully trust u.

however, dating a young rat has equal benefits as a young chick at the university. you can mold em both.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Even if you don't actually hook up with the person in college, you can always keep them on a short list of potentials for the future (for when you are ready to settle down).

My current boyfriend and I literally never held a conversation with each other in undergrad (of course we knew of each other because there were only so many black people). Post college, we still had the same network of friends. We all planned a trip one weekend for a friend's bday 3/4 years after undergrad and the rest is history.

I can think of at least four or five other guys from undergrad that I could start something with if I were single and they are all relatively successful (one went to the NFL for a few years, another went to the major/minor leagues and now owns his own business related to baseball, one is finishing law school, and one finished his MBA a year or so ago). In essence, keep a short list, keep them as fb friends, and hook up with them if all else fails. :manny:

943oh5

Rookie
Daps
I was surprised by how many women had no shame in advertising that they went to college to find husbands. They were more serious about getting their MRS degrees than their B.A.'s or B.S.'s. Main culprits were white (mostly jewish) girls. Pretty much all of them were engaged by the time we got our diplomas. It was not a game.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
was the article scientifically based, would you say? like was she outlining stats as reasons why those females should follow her advice or was it more of an opinion piece? that's what i mean when i say i wonder who it's geared towards. i figure if it was purely opinion, then i'd know what crowd of women she connected with...

Purely opinion.

What I got from this is...

young "smart" women...getting upset...because someone offered them some experienced advice...that they could or could not follow if they don't want.

sidebar: a lot of folks who went to college found their mate there.

:yes:

I wouldnt say you NEED to find someone in college.

That could be hard. I wasn't able to concentrate when I was dating this girl in college I really liked.

BUT, women who think they can "get any man, at any point, so they'll just "have fun" until they're ready", are taking a HUGE risk.

It was the opposite for me. When I started seriously dating a girl in college, she helped me focus.

Hold on, man... Hold on. :to:

...i feel what you're saying completely....i'm not saying the way my parents raised me is right or wrong...

From your posts in here (barring the initial post about your no "intermixing of SES's rule, lol), you appear earnest, honest and demonstrate some humility...so they did something right.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
What I got from this is...

young "smart" women...getting upset...because someone offered them some experienced advice...that they could or could not follow if they don't want.

sidebar: a lot of folks who went to college found their mate there.

My wife and I met freshman year in college and been together ever since.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If the stats back that up then ok you've convinced me:manny:
But honestly how many people in this country marry as virgins? I would imagine it's VERY few:leostare:

Dog, you have to look deeper at that stat @Anothergirl said

What type of people are going to be virgins a marriage

Very likey, they are unattractive, socially awkward, weirdos

We all get horny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Binary

Banned
Daps
I mean anyone can make it through college or university so it really doesn't impress me at all. :manny:

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Even if you don't actually hook up with the person in college, you can always keep them on a short list of potentials for the future (for when you are ready to settle down).

My current boyfriend and I literally never held a conversation with each other in undergrad (of course we knew of each other because there were only so many black people). Post college, we still had the same network of friends. We all planned a trip one weekend for a friend's bday 3/4 years after undergrad and the rest is history.

I can think of at least four or five other guys from undergrad that I could start something with if I were single and they are all relatively successful (one went to the NFL for a few years, another went to the major/minor leagues and now owns his own business related to baseball, one is finishing law school, and one finished his MBA a year or so ago). In essence, keep a short list, keep them as fb friends, and hook up with them if all else fails. :manny:
I aint saying shes a gold digger