Female Princeton grad in letter to Princetonian: Female students, find hubby now!

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
So you don't think you're worthy of "dating up" and breaking through the SES barrier?

i was raised in an upper middle class environment. my husband who was also raised in the same environment/small town is pretty much right on the same level(actually slightly above)...but yes i was quite content to date within my socio economic class(not below or much above). thanks to a borderline "elitist" immigrant family i had NO desire when i was younger to date below my families education/values/income bracket and i don't see anything wrong with that tbh. i mean props to the women that are openminded enough to do that. my upbringing just didn't allow for it.
:manny:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Also, what dude is going to college specifically looking for a marriage mate? :rudy:

I see it was addressed in that response article on the huff post.

1. In what universe is the majority of a graduating college class ready to get married?

3. Why is the woman supposed to do all the looking here?

5. What if intellectual equality isn't someone's number one criterion in a potential mate?

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
i was raised in an upper middle class environment. my husband who was also raised in the same environment/small town is pretty much right on the same level(actually slightly above)...but yes i was quite content to date within my socio economic class(not below or much above). thanks to a borderline "elitist" immigrant family i had NO desire when i was younger to date below my families education/values/income bracket and i don't see anything wrong with that tbh. i mean props to the women that are openminded enough to do that. my upbringing just didn't allow for it.
:manny:

You weren't willing to consider it based on your conditioning that fueled a lack of consideration for anything "less," if you will. I got it. Appreciate the honesty. And I'm glad you're happy.

I just don't agree with an outright, premature dismissal (by women or men) of a potential dating/marriage partner just because of different SES.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i can't really offer a proper opinion on this piece, the link to the actual article written by the princeton graduate doesn't work anymore. but based on that other article bashing the princeton grad, it sounds like the graduate was emphasizing staying within your supposed intelligence level and not below it, age level and not below it, and that the ivy leaguer actively seek out the mate and target them, regardless if you actually like him for him, and that this all be a heterosexual type of arrangement.

emphasizing close-mindedness (i believe that's the critic's fear about the article) to young women entering college isn't the worse thing you could do to them. either way, they're there to learn and they'll learn either way. finding bad advice in college is expected just as much as you can find good tools for learning. what really matters is how these girls were actually brought up in their families. that's what worries me. the only way you'd be able to identify what group of people she was trying to connect to is if you could read the original article...

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
You forgot to add patience as one of her assets

Cause a woman could have every trait you listed and still
end up with a unsuitable mate. Add a ticking biological clock
and desparation in there, you might just throw off all of
her so called assets

Yea that too, but the problem is, everyone wants to have someone above their level looks wise as well. Let's be real, we only settle for those on or below when we've exhausted our patience

but somehow u aint smart enough to convince a chick to fukk u without handing out 'roses'?

:pachaha:

untitled-1mrrc4.gif

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
i can't really offer a proper opinion on this piece, the link to the actual article written by the princeton graduate doesn't work anymore. but based on that other article bashing the princeton grad, it sounds like the graduate was emphasizing staying within your supposed intelligence level and not below it, age level and not below it, and that the ivy leaguer actively seek out the mate and target them, regardless if you actually like him for him, and that this all be a heterosexual type of arrangement.

emphasizing close-mindedness (i believe that's the critic's fear about the article) to young women entering college isn't the worse thing you could do to them. either way, they're there to learn and they'll learn either way. finding bad advice in college is expected just as much as you can find good tools for learning. what really matters is how these girls were actually brought up in their families. that's what worries me. the only way you'd be able to identify what group of people she was trying to connect to is if you could read the original article...

Thoughtful post.

It was printed in the school's newspaper, so it was geared toward the female students. I saw a segment about this on TV, and most of the Princeton young women they interviewed weren't feelin' the advice.

Their responses weren't even about close mindedness though...their responses took the line of, "I'm here to get my degree (translation: "I'm here to position myself to get my $$$...").

I'm just saying, practically, the grad's advice makes sense as another poster mentioned. They'll probably never be around that concentrated of a pool of SES compatible partners.

Suggesting marriage was probably too far...but they'd be missing out on a great opportunity if they didn't develop some prospects that they could possibly cultivate into marriage partners over the next few years.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
i do. :mjpls:

anyways the advice is spot on and only butch fem nazis or sluts would disagree.
why would any chick leave Princeton(or any ivy league) without snapping up a husband from the thousands of potential candiates?? :dwillhuh:

Because they'd only be ~21-22 years old.

Getting married that young is almost a gurantee that there will be cheating, resentment and ultimately divorce in the near future. I personally don't think most people should be married before age 30.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Thoughtful post.

It was printed in the school's newspaper, so it was geared toward the female students. I saw a segment about this on TV, and most of the Princeton young women they interviewed weren't feelin' the advice.

Their responses weren't even about close mindedness though...their responses took the line of, "I'm here to get my degree (translation: "I'm here to position myself to get my $$$...").

I'm just saying, practically, the grad's advice makes sense as another poster mentioned. They'll probably never be around that concentrated of a pool of SES compatible partners.

Suggesting marriage was probably too far...but they'd be missing out on a great opportunity if they didn't develop some prospects that they could possibly cultivate into marriage partners over the next few years.

was the article scientifically based, would you say? like was she outlining stats as reasons why those females should follow her advice or was it more of an opinion piece? that's what i mean when i say i wonder who it's geared towards. i figure if it was purely opinion, then i'd know what crowd of women she connected with...

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
People who aren't in elite jobs by definition aren't as ambitious or hardworking as those who are. Shacking up with one of these people will drag you down because they'll enable you to become lazier and complacent. High SES mates can drive you to achieve more. These women absolutely shouldn't date down and men really shouldn't either, but a lot of men prioritize looks over status.

And we're talking about a different set of values here. You're talking about values that benefit society as a whole. I'm talking about values that benefit individuals, possibly at the expense of others, but so be it. I'd rather be in the class of people who's doing the screwing rather than being among the screwed.

:salute: Moral victories are for Minor league coaches

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
shyt, I value looks as much as any man but I'll be damned if I wife up a chick just cuz she looks good. My mother was a professional, my sisters are professionals, and I hope to be a lawyer, fukk I look like wifing up a chick without a college degree? :childplease:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
what women need to understand is marriage rates are dropping, find hubby now when hes 21/22 and still young and oblivious.

or wait as your looks decline, fertility declines, and wise men take the red pill

Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt, I value looks as much as any man but I'll be damned if I wife up a chick just cuz she looks good. My mother was a professional, my sisters are professionals, and I hope to be a lawyer, fukk I look like wifing up a chick without a college degree? :childplease:

well the professional chick won't depend on you and would be willing to divorce you or control you

you'd be better off getting some dumb good looking bimbo that'll raise the kids and wait on you hand and foot

fukk getting some independent woman.....I wanna get a broad that'll do the housework

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like some broke nikka shyt :heh:

Yea because most men makin bank want some average fugly broad making equal to them. Lets keep it real most paid women are not fly and men make bank to get fly women which is why some average career having dime is always takin a nikka to the Cleaners.