Female Princeton grad in letter to Princetonian: Female students, find hubby now!

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I've made small talk with this lovely young chocolate skin graduate student.....looking forward to going in deeper :jawalrus:...... with the convo next time.... .....she's a keeper :ld:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I saw this shyt on the news. :dwillhuh:

At the end of the day, a lot of people are gonna be unhappy no matter which way it goes.

You got chicks with husbands that are gay on the low or with kids all around town. But hey, they're married right. :troll:

You got chicks that hate their kids. Don't believe me? google it.

Then you got barren chicks dying to have kids and single women dying to be married.

People just need to follow their own happiness. If companionship is more important than a career, get married early girl. If not, enjoy your success. But understand what comes with it.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
how is that? like i said in my post above if you're educated chances are you'll work and live around people with similar just as educated as you. if anything the pool of potential mates would get bigger and more diverse after you leave school.

That sounds good in theory but it doesnt play out in the real world. When you enter most companies (with a legit career opportunity, not secretary type shyt) you start at the bottom and the overwhelming majority of people are much older than you. I got my engineering job at 23 and was the youngest person in the department by about 10 years. Now im 30 and am the youngest person in the department by 10 years and the only one who isnt either married or has children.

Plus unless you banking 6 figures you are going to the same social spots that people who make 20k hang out.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Once you leave college, everyone is on that chase for the fast life. No one really trying to settle down, the women especially. They got that SATC mindset and think they'll run into all these great men that also want to settle down.
:mjpls:

26-29 is when you start to think about settling down, but then you realize the eligible men and women are probably already in your immediate or distant circles...but then you learn the post-graduate black dating scene is very...incestuous.

You vibe with a chick and think "damn, this girl has potential" then ya homie is like "remember junior year when she got really drunk at that Kappa party? Them niccaz ran train on that." or the unexpected "Oh her? I used to smash back in the day. I never told you?" :russ: and that's the end of ya little white-picket fence fantasy. :deadrose:

By the time you're ready to forgive everyone's college transgressions, you're 35 and ya eggs are done or you on the MGTOW bandwagon.

:yes: ... unfortunately... :to: ... But anything is possible...don't give up.

With that said, if the top institutions of education can't even foster a sense of egalitarianism, judging people based on their character and the like, than the prospect of war, poverty and the like ending any time soon are still but a distant dream.

:salute:

That sounds good in theory but it doesnt play out in the real world. When you enter most companies (with a legit career opportunity, not secretary type shyt) you start at the bottom and the overwhelming majority of people are much older than you. I got my engineering job at 23 and was the youngest person in the department by about 10 years. Now im 30 and am the youngest person in the department by 10 years and the only one who isnt either married or has children.

Plus unless you banking 6 figures you are going to the same social spots that people who make 20k hang out.

You're only as good as your social pool/circle, man.

You have to work hard to inject yourself into a different social circle. It takes work, time, persistence effort ...Things that are in short supply as you hit late 20s and beyond. But if you have the energy and the time and the communication skills you can break through.