Female Princeton grad in letter to Princetonian: Female students, find hubby now!

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is, when you leave college you are going into a world of people who are incomparable with you, so your chances of finding a quality person are very slim. Also these days most people are older than 22 when they finish college.

how is that? like i said in my post above if you're educated chances are you'll work and live around people with similar just as educated as you. if anything the pool of potential mates would get bigger and more diverse after you leave school.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I get that, especially from the author's article. I mean she makes a valid point--where else outside of Princeton is a Princetonian woman to have better access to Prinstonian type men than she has in Princeton itself?

In regards to most people today finishing college at 22, that's true to some extent, but not for Princeton. I think 98-99% of them finish college in 4 years. And to my recollection most Princeton students are admitted at 18...a good 99% of them. So essentially all of their UGs are finishing anywhere from 21-23.

But looking beyond that, in this day and age, I just don't see most of these kids being able to handle that type maturity and responsibility between ages 18-22. I mean those kids are ready for the working world--no question, but real life? Nah. Intelligence is no substitute for real life experience imo.

Admittedly I only skimmed through the article. But I don't think she was making the point that they should get married while in college, but that they should look for potential mates. You can get married later after careers have been established, but I think it's the initial connections that are most important, and not being so concerned with having fun and NOT settling down that you miss the opportunity to make those connections.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
how is that? like i said in my post above if you're educated chances are you'll work and live around people with similar just as educated as you. if anything the pool of potential mates would get bigger and more diverse after you leave school.
You will be going into a job at the entry level. Most people in your profesional circle will be older. Going to the club/bar is always a bad idea, and most 25+ year olds that are succesful are already taken, or full of baggage.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Admittedly I only skimmed through the article. But I don't think she was making the point that they should get married while in college, but that they should look for potential mates. You can get married later after careers have been established, but I think it's the initial connections that are most important, and not being so concerned with having fun and NOT settling down that you miss the opportunity to make those connections.

Good point, but I was under the impression that Princeton students were already doing that now? They feast on connections from the second they take a seat in the dining halls. One thing that the Ivys do well, and do better than any other type of school is that they build very tight connections early on--whether for business or friendships. That has always been the case.

What I thought the author was suggesting was for women to seek out serious relationships before graduation--the earlier, the better. If I had a son graduating from there, I don't think I would advise him to seek out anything serious at that age.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
What's your point? Even unattractive weirdos can fukk each other...you never saw those ugly and fat goth kids together in highschool? They can fukk each other too, I still think the number of people who marry as virgins in this country is very few.

Bruh, did you read my post?

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
some nikkas in here are :mad:

*reframes stanford & wharton degrees*

fukk yo degrees nikka :damn:

The dating game once you leave college is :skip: if you trying to find someone you want to settle down with. Sure there is an endless supply of casual sex, but trying to find someone to eventually make wifey? :usure:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
fukk yo degrees nikka :damn:

The dating game once you leave college is :skip: if you trying to find someone you want to settle down with. Sure there is an endless supply of casual sex, but trying to find someone to eventually make wifey? :usure:

i won't say once you leave college, but around 28-30, shyt starts getting a little :usure: but then again it depends on what you're looking for. i've tried to force myself to like the "typical college degree/masters degree" having nikkas, but many of them annoy me. i tend to vibe best with creatives and/or people who are kinda doing their own thing, i live vicariously through them since i sold my soul to the corporate world :sad:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
tumblr_md1s8aAHOx1qa4itpo1_500.gif

Damn I wish I had posted that gif...

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
i won't say once you leave college, but around 28-30, shyt starts getting a little :usure: but then again it depends on what you're looking for. i've tried to force myself to like the "typical college degree/masters degree" having nikkas, but many of them annoy me. i tend to vibe best with creatives and/or people who are kinda doing their own thing, i live vicariously through them since i sold my soul to the corporate world :sad:

Once you leave college, everyone is on that chase for the fast life. No one really trying to settle down, the women especially. They got that SATC mindset and think they'll run into all these great men that also want to settle down.
:mjpls:

26-29 is when you start to think about settling down, but then you realize the eligible men and women are probably already in your immediate or distant circles...but then you learn the post-graduate black dating scene is very...incestuous.

You vibe with a chick and think "damn, this girl has potential" then ya homie is like "remember junior year when she got really drunk at that Kappa party? Them niccaz ran train on that." or the unexpected "Oh her? I used to smash back in the day. I never told you?" :russ: and that's the end of ya little white-picket fence fantasy. :deadrose:

By the time you're ready to forgive everyone's college transgressions, you're 35 and ya eggs are done or you on the MGTOW bandwagon.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
I actually thought this EXACT same sentiment the other day(well as it applies to men).

Gotta agree and was thinking back to my college days that i should have found a chick to marry while i was in college. The women are hot and smart and i'm sure the same can be said for the reverse side of it as it applies to women. If its all a numbers game you have no better shot at a quality mate than when you are in college.

Now i'm stuck in a factory in a podunk town and all i come across is average broads with above average self-esteem. :to:
Also a caveat i'd add is to ride it out with a chick til graduation or find one close to graduating, that way you're assured to have a a degree and potential for making real money down the line.

:dwillhuh:

its like you typed my EXACT situation. its all good tho, i got an exit strategy. im fully convinced that living in my middle of nowhere location is what led to me being worried about finding a quality woman for teh first time in my life.​
Even if you don't actually hook up with the person in college, you can always keep them on a short list of potentials for the future (for when you are ready to settle down).

My current boyfriend and I literally never held a conversation with each other in undergrad (of course we knew of each other because there were only so many black people). Post college, we still had the same network of friends. We all planned a trip one weekend for a friend's bday 3/4 years after undergrad and the rest is history.

I can think of at least four or five other guys from undergrad that I could start something with if I were single and they are all relatively successful (one went to the NFL for a few years, another went to the major/minor leagues and now owns his own business related to baseball, one is finishing law school, and one finished his MBA a year or so ago). In essence, keep a short list, keep them as fb friends, and hook up with them if all else fails. :manny:

:ehh: this is real talk. i got an "If all else fails" list in my head and I know a bunch of chicks I went to school with/knew back then have me on that same list.

my fb messages and random "hey"s outta nowhere are hilarious.​

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
but I ain't messing with no broke...

I come to the table with just as much so :yeshrug:
shyt and if you not attractive none of that means shyt to most guys. Not saying your not attractive (don't know you) but chicks for the most part having money doesn't elevate you like it would a guy.

Gallo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This just goes to show the we're nothing but animals, slaves to our nature. This is no different than chimp behavior with pecking orders and the like. Not saying it's good or bad just making an observation. With that said, if the top institutions of education can't even foster a sense of egalitarianism, judging people based on their character and the like, than the prospect of war, poverty and the like ending any time soon are still but a distant dream.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
shyt and if you not attractive none of that means shyt to most guys. Not saying your not attractive (don't know you) but chicks for the most part having money doesn't elevate you like it would a guy.

You're right. Some coli men are just quick to call women gold diggers as if all women are broke hood rats looking for a come up. That post was simply clearing things up.