Fear Street Appreciation thread/Fear Street Official Movies Thread

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Really enjoyed this trilogy. Lots of good stuff and not much to frown at that I can think of. I don't even know which one is my favorite, they all bring different things to the table. Good pleasant surprise. Wrapped it up nicely at the end and

I was not expecting Goode to be the culprit AT ALL.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
maybe i'll catch part 3 this weekend. Part 2 aka 1978 ended in a dope way. i really enjoyed that one.

This chick Emily Rudd is cute

emily-rudd-2.jpg

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Netflix came thru on this series. Def a solid 8 my girl says. Ima go with an 8.5 with how the trilogy played out. Plus the kids carry the show.
what is a male witch a warlock? How come they let the widow be a witch outside their settlement like that? The ending is truly left open with the whole book being nabbed.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Netflix came thru on this series. Def a solid 8 my girl says. Ima go with an 8.5 with how the trilogy played out. Plus the kids carry the show.
what is a male witch a warlock? How come they let the widow be a witch outside their settlement like that? The ending is truly left open with the whole book being nabbed.

I know very little about witches and whatnot, but "witches" were quite often just women who still had paganic rituals and whatnot and christianity was not cool with that obviously. Not saying that they didn't dabble in demonic shyt, but I'm not sure all "witches" did all that stuff. They were "tolerated" in some areas with people knowing where to find them as kind of a last resort to use old herbs etc, and obviously everything that had to do with women such as abortion and such. I think a male witch is a sorcerer, but as men they could more easily retain a normal life (men with knowledge and power were not suspect) while continnuing their other stuff underground (precisely what Goode does). If movies and series are anything to go by, you'll see that witches are often on the outskirts in squalid conditions while men who dabble with the occult are often living withing the village/town and have some other "regular" position of power

Conz

Superstar
Daps
they really bogged this trilogy down with one of the least compelling couples in movie history. the 2nd movie is the best one b/c it didn't have the lead actress, her boring ass girlfriend, her doofy brother who looked nothing like her, and Brita who seriously gets more bland every time i see her.

The 1666 stuff was really awful too. They dropped all the levity and tried to remake The Witch with terrible accents.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
they really bogged this trilogy down with one of the least compelling couples in movie history. the 2nd movie is the best one b/c it didn't have the lead actress, her boring ass girlfriend, her doofy brother who looked nothing like her, and Brita who seriously gets more bland every time i see her.

The 1666 stuff was really awful too. They dropped all the levity and tried to remake The Witch with terrible accents.
100% agreed. These are some of the least likable characters on Netflix imo. The depth of their relationship is really they’re lgbtq so we’re supposed to root for them