Fat Joe as a kid

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then you taking it personal then

why NY been pumping Fat Joe Music and let him success in Hip Hop then if they not cool with him saying it lmao

69 in an all black gang, being called King of New Yorker, the hottest rapper in the city saying nikka every other word, and nobody in NY cared so yes NY cosign him and didn't mind him saying it

you need to ask your fellow NYCers why its cool, not me

Whenever you're from I guarantee there's Hispanic, Mexican, and Asian kids saying it.

Cali has several non black rappers saying it.

I don't condone it and don't rock with any non black person who uses it but I can't police all of NYC.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i understand that joe ain't a damn angle saxon like christian bale we know this, but he's a non-black man who if he grew that cac looking hair could exist comfortably in white dominated spaces and receive benefits and subsidies along with any other white person. yeah he's spanish speaking so what? he's just like jennifer lopez, penelope cruz, and ricky martin. latin folks who if they learn the cac language both verbal & body, phrasing and tonage, plus get on code with all things white supremacy could easily exist in their spaces unlike bill bellamy or tony yayo. honorary white folks

as a new yorker i've been acculturated to accept the fact that non-black puerto rocks (shout out to lala anthony) and dominicans (shout out to dave east) can say nikka too like the black latinx which is why i never batted an eye over joe since i started listening to son back in 1992. same with pun who has hair like goddamn john lennon lol let's be real. i remember when i first met my nikka fitz back in '98 who is from memphis and he thought we new york nikkas were some uncle toms who talked like fake italians (lol & smh) and stayed sending shots playfully. but his real beef was how we let fat joe and big pun not only call themselves nikka but call us nikkas. it hit me like a ton of bricks b, i felt ashamed because i knew he was right

what was worse that i'd accepted this bullshyt subconsciously, how did i accept this shyt? yet nikkas running around calling southerners dumb? shiiiiit... look, fat joe, big pun, cardi b, and bobbito ain't no damn nikkas. nah, but kurupt, daz, remy ma, and charlemagne are. and not because i'm saying we're black and ignorant folks who have accepted our inferiority so yayyyy N word! nah, only those who can't switch and practice anti black racism which ALL OF THEM COULD, can use nikka in the colloquial sense period. and THEN we can have a community discussion among OURSELVES intraracially about that word. but fat joe? c'mon man stop it, we're lying to ourselves. he's knows he's an other and we know it too. full disclosure here, i'm a hypocrite because it's not like i've stop listening to fat joe records or i have smoke for puerto rocks like that who i've heard use the word on the train or whatever. which i suppose gives credence to the whole ny nikkas are weak argument smh.. i dunno man, damn....., but with each passing day i realize that i need to get on code because i know in my heart of hearts this shyt ain't right. and ole fakkit ass joe talmbout who gon check him from saying nikka. he said it in africa "where the REAL black people are and they ain't have a problem with it." fukk that mean joe? black folks not born in africa ain't real son? keep it a buck i lost because i know better, it is what it is.

Rep, nothing but fax

We do alot of internal juelzing to ourselves to explain away our double standards.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
fat joe def needs to stop saying the N word, he can do all the "we latinos are all black" even if he was a Afro-Rican. You aint ados and shouldnt say it

but it is what it is so :yeshrug:

Im done caring about who says nikka unless they say it to me. Not gon waste energy on it.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Something I just noticed. She has hashtags saying respect your culture and respect your heritage on a post gatekeeping the word, nikka. Now that is irony.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
So dark skinned Cubans can say nikka but white Cubans can't? :skip: Aren't they both still Cuban either way? I'm not following the logic.
no Nonados should say it, that means the darkest african/Caribbean shouldnt say it to.

This nikka thing is the same as "black" its more tied to elements than nikkas want to admit, which goes to lineage and culture.

only ADOS people should say it . But were to far down now for this to happen.
race bytch.
no , nonados people shouldnt be saying it either. so this aint even solely a "race" thing.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nobody who isn't ADOS should get a pass if we're following logic
and thats what it should be, if your not ados, you shouldnt be saying the N word, nor should you say c00n.

But again due to ADOS people allowing to many people to say it, plus rap, etc. We are to far down this road to turn back

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
“Negro”, “******“, “nikka” are racial terms, they are not owned by any specific group.

You hashtag nikkas have most your minds.
so by this logic, then that means anyone can say it correct?:usure:

afterall no "specific group" owns it right?

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
:snoop:
I guess I’m really getting too old because as I said before yall millennials & so-called non ny’ers are miserable

when did this fukkery begin :
cause no way in the entire fukking world would actual real life Caucasian’s ever attempt to claim these 2

030614-music-jennifer-lopez-rap-collaborations-hold-you-down-fat-joe.jpg

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
People don't realise the mere fact that if you even have to debate whether a person is 'black' or not, they probably aren't. :heh:

I don't know why there's confusion as to who is black. If you want an example of BLACK latinos then here you go:

and not one of them should be saying the N word:unimpressed:

Daps
and thats what it should be, if your not ados, you shouldnt be saying the N word, nor should you say c00n.

But again due to ADOS people allowing to many people to say it, plus rap, etc. We are to far down this road to turn back
By that logic no one should be saying it at all

Carribeans and Africans have been victims of Slavery and colonisation too.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
You must hate every Biggie record ever made then. Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J... should I continue?
Are you offended that Biggie used the word “nikka” multiple times?
Biggie and all those musicians benefit off the fact for a while and still now with some nikkas(as shown in this thread) that they are in this "we all black" trance and dont get offended by someone who they percieve the same as them saying it

ask most people who those guys are and they will think they are all Aframs

By that logic no one should be saying it at all

Carribeans and Africans have been victims of Slavery and colonisation too.
No we have the right to say it given how not only how we were called that just like c00n. but how we turned it around to mean something else to mean commodery and how it became part of of our vernaicular and culture in how we communicate in our society, culture, etc

colonisation and/or slavery happened on other groups so does that mean indians can say it? No. so that is not a excuse for them to get to say it.

Last edited: