Fat Joe as a kid

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro what does this mean?

This is towards all of these of the non-NYers in this thread:

I NOR ANY OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD HAVE EVER MET FAT JOE

SO HOW THE fukk WOULD I OR ANY OF THESE PEOPLE BE ABLE TO TELL FAT JOE NOT TO SAY IT?

Get me a meeting with Fat Joe right now and I'll tell him not to say it.

You guys keep holding accountable for people we never met

I'm from Brooklyn. That's two boroughs away from the Bronx where Fat Joe is from.

I'm two generations removed from Fat Joe's old ass.

I don't want Fat Joe to say it. But what the fukk can I do about it?

The Hispanics in my circle check themselves and avoid saying it. I can't do anything about MILLIONS of Hispanics that I've never met.

If anything, go after the old heads from Bronx that made them comfortable enough in the first place.

Then you taking it personal then

why NY been pumping Fat Joe Music and let him success in Hip Hop then if they not cool with him saying it lmao

69 in an all black gang, being called King of New Yorker, the hottest rapper in the city saying nikka every other word, and nobody in NY cared so yes NY cosign him and didn't mind him saying it

you need to ask your fellow NYCers why its cool, not me

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
you tell me, because fat joe obviously had to address it on a song

like I said, if you NYC nikkaz don't have a problem with non blacks calling them nikkaz, that's them, I can tell you what you find disrespectful

If I was around Fat Joe and he was saying nikka, I would look please don't say that around me, its offensive, and if he had a problem with him, I would fukk you, you get be around me saying that shyt

I just don't accept anybody or hang around anybody, it's not even on some ra ra shyt, the soft part is yall fell some type of way about, but then accept them and act like its all good, and be around them, that's called being fake

If you gotta problem with non whites saying the n word why you hanging around letting them say it, that's my whole point

I get your point
the only thing I’m asking you “who are these nyc individuals that have a problem with him using the N-word” ?
I’m not saying you’re lying but if it is true it’s only must’ve been recently because when he came out in the early 90s and been in the game and culture for over 2 decades it’s never been an issue
like I said this is some new nikka aka millennium goofy shyt

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields

why NY been pumping Fat Joe Music and let him success in Hip Hop then if they not cool with him saying it lmao

69 in an all black gang, being called King of New Yorker, the hottest rapper in the city saying nikka every other word, and nobody in NY cared so yes NY cosign him and didn't mind him saying it

See again. I NOR ANYBODY IN THIS THREAD HAVE EVER BEEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO FAT JOE TO TELL HIM NOT TO USE IT. Stop lumping us all together as "NY".

For all we know, most of the people buying his music were fellow Latinos.

69 was some weirdo that a black gang was trying to use for clout. Watch Billy Ado interview with Vlad. Many dudes in that gang didn't consider him as part of it. It was just a few dudes who were trying to use him as a come up. The rest just pull up for the videos.
One thing about NY is that you can get anybody to pull up to your video shoot. They just love being on the camera :mjlol: That was basically how that situation with 69 got started.

And we NEVER called him the "king of NY"

It's non-NYers that keep calling him "king of NY" because they think it's funny. But you knew that already...

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
i understand that joe ain't a damn angle saxon like christian bale we know this, but he's a non-black man who if he grew that cac looking hair could exist comfortably in white dominated spaces and receive benefits and subsidies along with any other white person. yeah he's spanish speaking so what? he's just like jennifer lopez, penelope cruz, and ricky martin. latin folks who if they learn the cac language both verbal & body, phrasing and tonage, plus get on code with all things white supremacy could easily exist in their spaces unlike bill bellamy or tony yayo. honorary white folks

as a new yorker i've been acculturated to accept the fact that non-black puerto rocks (shout out to lala anthony) and dominicans (shout out to dave east) can say nikka too like the black latinx which is why i never batted an eye over joe since i started listening to son back in 1992. same with pun who has hair like goddamn john lennon lol let's be real. i remember when i first met my nikka fitz back in '98 who is from memphis and he thought we new york nikkas were some uncle toms who talked like fake italians (lol & smh) and stayed sending shots playfully. but his real beef was how we let fat joe and big pun not only call themselves nikka but call us nikkas. it hit me like a ton of bricks b, i felt ashamed because i knew he was right

what was worse that i'd accepted this bullshyt subconsciously, how did i accept this shyt? yet nikkas running around calling southerners dumb? shiiiiit... look, fat joe, big pun, cardi b, and bobbito ain't no damn nikkas. nah, but kurupt, daz, remy ma, and charlemagne are. and not because i'm saying we're black and ignorant folks who have accepted our inferiority so yayyyy N word! nah, only those who can't switch and practice anti black racism which ALL OF THEM COULD, can use nikka in the colloquial sense period. and THEN we can have a community discussion among OURSELVES intraracially about that word. but fat joe? c'mon man stop it, we're lying to ourselves. he's knows he's an other and we know it too. full disclosure here, i'm a hypocrite because it's not like i've stop listening to fat joe records or i have smoke for puerto rocks like that who i've heard use the word on the train or whatever. which i suppose gives credence to the whole ny nikkas are weak argument smh.. i dunno man, damn....., but with each passing day i realize that i need to get on code because i know in my heart of hearts this shyt ain't right. and ole fakkit ass joe talmbout who gon check him from saying nikka. he said it in africa "where the REAL black people are and they ain't have a problem with it." fukk that mean joe? black folks not born in africa ain't real son? keep it a buck i lost because i know better, it is what it is.

Realest post in the thread so far. Bro always spit real shyt. The bolded is gospel. I wasn't a fat Joe fan like that. But when I found out he says nikka and calls other black people nikka and rappers is cool wit it...that shyt was (and is) wild to me. Growing up (in a MUCH smaller city obviously) we had a few homeboys who were Latinos. They listened to rap, hooped with us, and were cool wit us from 1st grade through HS. But they NEVER even as elementary kids said nikkas...especially to us.

Thats one of the reasons I hate (not really..hyperbole but...) 69 so much is that hes just saying nikka and I'm like yall cool with this shyt?

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:patrice:
:skip: well I learned something new, I always thought Hispanic was a race and then Cuban or Puerto Rican would be considered ethnicities.

Hispanic is an ethnicity, Cuban/Puerto Rican are nationalities.

Zoe Saldana is Hispanic as is Jennifer Lopez. The former is a black Hispanic and the latter is A white Hispanic.
:jbhmm:
Hispanic is a linguistic grouping similar to francophone, anglophone, ...the inverse of this is when people from English speaking countries are referred to as "Anglos"

One of these days I should be a pro troll and linguistically group together people from...:ohhh:
  • Falkland islands (Cac)
  • Guyana (East indian)
  • Jamaica (African Diasporan)
  • U.S. (Asian)
  • Canada (Indigenous American)
....and troll-tastically put them forth as "Anglos" all coming from the same "Anglo culture" the same way people lazily lump together so called "Hispanics" & "Latinos".

Hell short of maybe sports & entertainment a place like Mexico has more in common with the U.S. than any other "Latin" country in terms of....
(food, politics, economy, population, historical contact, etc etc.)

:patrice:
Matter a fact I would say the African diaspora in the Americas have more in common than so called "Hispanics" & "Latinos". ...and I'm not talking about surface level things here either.
  • Political movements (pan africanism, black power movement, resisting slavery)
  • music (especially Jazz, hiphop, and Reggie)
  • Population & emigration patterns
  • Food
  • Genetics
  • Scholarship ("Africology" programs)
  • Historical figures (Garvey, kwame ture, jean-jacques dessalines, etc)
  • "Traditional African Religions"
  • etc etc etc

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown

Okay hypothetically, I may give you 69 as the benefit of the doubt. he's Mexican, but Joe is Puerto Rican, they have African ancestry. Which is better than Stupid Young or Camboidans or Mexicans out west saying that who have no African genes