Fast & Furious 7 Production On Hold Indefinitely

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
One rumor I'm hearing is they may scrap production overall and just rewrite it from scratch which I think is a great idea to be real.
Worst thing they could do. Let his last performance be seen. If they cut him out, I'm not watchin that shyt. Them writers better get creative & figure something out.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Worst thing they could do. Let his last performance be seen. If they cut him out, I'm not watchin that shyt. Them writers better get creative & figure something out.

See, I disagree. From all reports, he still had some pivotal scenes left to shoot so the whole thing will have to change regardless and then you have to look at what you've got shot and see if there's a logical exit for him based on what you've already shot.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:why:am i the only one that doesnt care to see anymore fast and furious movies now that one of that main original stars is dead???:to:shyt aint gonna b the same moving forward and they just trying to profit off his death if this still gets made.

the last few movies have been more ensemble cast

hell paul walkers on screen time was dwindling in every film

ish is just like oceans 11 if dn cheadle died or something

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I say open up the movie with Dom standing over his grave, start a flashback sequence (which the majority of 7 would be) and turn the rest of the series into a revenge quest

a_man_apart__2003__vin_diesel.jpg

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
The franchise has made over $2 billion worldwide, they ain't letting someone's death stop that money train.

Brian O'connor gonna die on screen, or go on vacation.

They can easily write him off by saying he quit the biz and settled down to raise his seed :yeshrug:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Looks like I have to set some facts straight. Is Vin the bigger star of the two? Sure, no disputing that... HOWEVER.. 2 Fast 2 Furious actually made MORE money than the original and everyone knew Vin wasn't going to be in it..

So, basically... some of y'all can stop acting like Walker and Tyrese weren't keeping the franchise afloat.

What made huge money was 5 and 6.....Walker and Tyrese damn sure weren't what people paid to see.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They can easily write him off by saying he quit the biz and settled down to raise his seed :yeshrug:

And it would be perfectly in character for Brian and Dom...Dom would feel like a revenge mission isn't anything that his nephew's father should partake in and at the end of the day, what's most important is that his nephew have his mom AND his dad to raise him, not just his mom. And eventually, Brian would agree to it.

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
And it would be perfectly in character for Brian and Dom...Dom would feel like a revenge mission isn't anything that his nephew's father should partake in and at the end of the day, what's most important is that his nephew have his mom AND his dad to raise him, not just his mom. And eventually, Brian would agree to it.

This seems like the only logical way to write him off w/o reworking the series.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
the last few movies have been more ensemble cast

hell paul walkers on screen time was dwindling in every film

ish is just like oceans 11 if dn cheadle died or something

:ld:i can see them making 11 more fast and furious movies.
:skip: hell they can bring back bow wow and ja to fill the free screen time now (too soon?):manny:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Nobody would disagree with you there but the relationship between Brian, Mia, Dom and now the child is not something they can just easily write out. It is the backbone of the franchise. They can't just act like it doesn't exist anymore. I know the scripts aren't Oscar worthy but.. they still have continuity :heh:

man continuity went out the window the day they brought han back from the dead for 3 movies that came out after his character died.