Fast & Furious 7 Production On Hold Indefinitely

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What was the main thing talked about for Tokyo Drift? Vin showing up at the end of the movie. Vin is back is all you heard...nobody even gave a shyt about the entire movie besides Han. LOL at this even being an argument.

You don't know much about the series then because Paul wasn't fukking IN Tokyo Drift... :heh:

What are you arguing? The sequel did bigger numbers than the original and it was Paul and Tyrese as the stars.

I realize Vin is a bigger star than Paul but anyone acting like Paul didn't mean shyt to the series is delusional. 2 Fast 2 Furious proves my point. People knew Vin was out and STILL went to see it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I say open up the movie with Dom standing over his grave, start a flashback sequence (which the majority of 7 would be) and turn the rest of the series into a revenge quest

my only question is why would lucas black from tokyo drift be involved with a revenge plot for paul walker?

I assume he's involved with a revenge plot cuz han got murked at the end of F&F 6 and han looked out for him in tokyo drift.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've been saying in the Paul Walker thread, they're not gonna touch his death with a ten foot pole. It would simply hit way too close to home. They're gonna play the family angle with Brian and Mia going into hiding to protect their child while the rest of the crew deals with Statham.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
another thing, is I know PW was one of the stars of the franchise, but not only do they still have vin diesel and the rock, but I totally forgot they are bringing in jason statham da gawd to the franchise. there is still an abundance of star power in the franchise to salvage this IMO.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
another thing, is I know PW was one of the stars of the franchise, but not only do they still have vin diesel and the rock, but I totally forgot they are bringing in jason statham da gawd to the franchise. there is still an abundance of star power in the franchise to salvage this IMO.

Nobody would disagree with you there but the relationship between Brian, Mia, Dom and now the child is not something they can just easily write out. It is the backbone of the franchise. They can't just act like it doesn't exist anymore. I know the scripts aren't Oscar worthy but.. they still have continuity :heh:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I know, but its still ridiculous. like in F&F 4, they had technology that didn't exist in the tokyo drift even tho the tokyo drift took place 6 years earlier in real life. so they are driving 2009 whips in a movie that is supposed to take place before 2003 :dahell:

the timeline is already FUBAR, so they could easily bring han back.....I mean, they brought back letty.

Cmon breh it wasn't originally planned to go down that way. They didn't plan to do 3 prequels after Tokyo drift from jump. They got everyone back on board after Tokyo drift and wrote the prequels from there. The incontinuities with the cars are to be expected.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
need to find a way to get tatum in this :patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've been saying in the Paul Walker thread, they're not gonna touch his death with a ten foot pole. It would simply hit way too close to home. They're gonna play the family angle with Brian and Mia going into hiding to protect their child while the rest of the crew deals with Statham.

That's how I'd do it. Just write him out that way

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Looks like I have to set some facts straight. Is Vin the bigger star of the two? Sure, no disputing that... HOWEVER.. 2 Fast 2 Furious actually made MORE money than the original and everyone knew Vin wasn't going to be in it..

So, basically... some of y'all can stop acting like Walker and Tyrese weren't keeping the franchise afloat.
basically, dudes are diminishing walkers contribution now lol

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
basically, dudes are diminishing walkers contribution now lol

Paul is key just as much as Vin. The franchise didn't become what it is now until EVERYONE came back, but I think because of Paul's death, fans would still turn out because now people are actually invested in these characters and want to know what's going to happen next, which is a credit to everyone on board the franchise, including Paul. They can still keep it going without him but let's not act like dude isn't important.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
bullshyt. you saw the :trash: that was "2 fast 2 furious".

vin diesel makes the franchise. and with the rock added in there for the last 3 movies, you already got enough star power to keep it going. I wonder if they will bring han back to life in F & F 8 tho.

Fast and Furious (2001) - $207 Million
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) - $236 Million

"2 Fast" was trash yet it outearned the first movie :troll: without Vin Diesel, the supposed star of the series :troll:

That's plenty proof that the series could have continued with Paul Walker (along with Tyrese and Ludacris). The reason why that didn't happen was BECAUSE the studio did not want to pay Walker for Tokyo Drift, so they let the entire cast go, brought in Lucas Black and Bow Wow for cheap and nearly ruined the franchise :deadrose: You guys need to realize.....Dom AND Brian were both the leads of the series. They BOTH made the series what it was.

Since you're in here overrating Vin Diesel.........let's have a little history lesson. Vin Diesel left the F&F series after the first flick because he wanted to be a serious A-list actor. He wanted to be Clooney, Pitt, Damon. He thought he was too good to do mindless car racing movies. So he left. Problem was.....he never became that A-list actor :troll: The fact that Vin had to crawl back to the same film franchise he had dissed earlier in his career because his career wasn't going anywhere kinda goes against your whole "Vin makes the franchise" point, don't you think? :troll: