Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
i was bein sarcastic fam #faith

im just sayin all these rumors etc its nice to hear but do u really think any team wit that pick would trade a 11 for a 16-19 ?

My team traded 9 for 14 and 21 last year :yeshrug:
If Minny wants to stay competitive next season and their hand is forced to move Love, look no further
It all really rests on the status of Mirotic

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
i was bein sarcastic fam #faith

im just sayin all these rumors etc its nice to hear but do u really think any team wit that pick would trade a 11 for a 16-19 ?
most of my Nugget brehs are on board with that deal (though not me). they like the idea of stashing a euro like Nurkic or Porzingis with the second pick. :yeshrug:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I dont see why he would have any emoitional ties to playing exclusively with the Bulls. I thought with Nikola it was a matter of $$ and not necessarily location

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Location has always been a factor
Minnesota seems to be somewhat of a haven for international players (Ricky, Shevd, Pek, JJ Barea)

Anything to that? Would that reflect well to guys thinling about coming over ?
Any of Mirotics people have any connections to those players ?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Minnesota seems to be somewhat of a haven for international players (Ricky, Shevd, Pek, JJ Barea)

Anything to that? Would that reflect well to guys thinling about coming over ?
Any of Mirotics people have any connections to those players ?

That was part of the idea when they went after international players. If they can't lure the domestic players, why not go after guys overseas that would be used to a place like Minneapolis? That was Kahn and Pete Philo's logic. Now I don't believe Flip will be as fond of the Euro scene (we do like this kid Bojan Dubljevic who we drafted a year ago, so who knows). I can't say it's helped or hurt (signing Blatt woulda been the ultimate coup for that)

Mirotic is Montenegrin like Pek, Spanish citizen like Ricky, but that's pretty much it. They don't have much of a connection at all. They just know of him.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
If the bulls strike out :yeshrug: I rather see them add depth like pau gasol,maybe lance and both draft picks than ravage the whole team for melo or love.I wish Monta Ellis was a free agent this summer instead of last summer

NO! Tired of that shyt. Let's fill the roster with a regular season stars, then when the playoffs come we have no one besides Rose, if he's even capable to do it now, to take over the game.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:mjlol: at mirotic having all these demands like he's actually done shyt in the nba and what not.

He does have the advantage though.

He's not bound to the rookie scale (so he can set his own price).

He's one of the best players not in the league and he's on an elite team in Spain.

The NBA doesn't pull at his heart strings like that either. He's fine with not making the leap.

His desire to come over holds y'all hostage in any big deal because in reality he's your best asset unless you decide to put Noah or Rose on the trade block

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
KC johnson predicting that the bulls don't get jack shyt this summer

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ohnson-bulls-mailbag-20140610,0,7775762.story
Though I expect the Bulls to be involved in both the Anthony and Love situations, I think it remains most likely they have a summer like 2010, where they miss on their top targets and fill out the roster with depth. Then again, I’ve been wrong often before and I’m saying that mostly out of habit.

I’d be surprised if the Bulls pursue any restricted free agents, including Gordon Hayward. That ties up money in what promises to be a very fluid offseason. If the Bulls fail to land Anthony or Love, I see them trying to fill the bench with depth and solid veterans, players like Shaun Livingston. Any time Gar Forman addressed offseason needs, he always talked about having a “fuller roster.”

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Isn't Love an UFA after next season? This FO isn't the type to blow it's assets when they can maintain fiscal flexibility and sign Love out right next offseason ...

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Isn't Love an UFA after next season? This FO isn't the type to blow it's assets when they can maintain fiscal flexibility and sign Love out right next offseason ...
that means we couldnt add any salary this summer

i seriously hope we wouldnt have another wasted season hoping & praying Love will sign outright with us the summer of '15