Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
The bulls can amnesty boozer today thru the 16th or 17th and go sign lance stephenson,but because they don't want to pay boozer 16.8 mil to play elsewhere they'd rather acquire a player they don't need instead just to not amnesty boozer.
fukking idiots I don't see how anyone can defend these morons

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
fukking idiots I don't see how anyone can defend these morons

It's like they spit in the fans faces.The same fans who still supported this team after jordan left and thru several botched drafts and when rose got injured 2 years in a row.It's fukked up when you think about it and no local writers call them out.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ now
Phil says he's texted Carmelo since their meeting, but hasn't gotten responses back from him
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 7s
Phil says he "really felt he struck a chord with Carmelo" during their meeting

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Its like this thread has turned into nothing but complaining for a team that I keep saying isn't that far away but still needs pieces ESP on the perimeter. I've said that too but how some complain you'd think we are the Knicks. I don't want to stop y'all's right to complain on a messageboard by doing the same and being that poster when I could just not check the thread instead. We are all Bulls fans so accept my apologies and continue on doing what y'all do in peace. Go Bulls
tumblr_inline_mi575oLrLE1qz4rgp.gif

There's no excuses to be made bro.

They are essentially doing the exact same thing that they did in 2010... but worse, because they are content with where they are at. Let's just say, every single "move" this summer has been questionable to say the least.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
:stopitslime:

Mirotic and anthony morrow not getting past the heat if they reassemble or whatever comes out the west breh

Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the country has a loyal dedicated fan base charge top 3 in ticket prices and earn 2nd most profit behind the lakers. Allowing them to come back with mediocrity is unacceptable

We should def hold them to a higher standard than that

:mjpls:what about the cavs cuz lebron is going back to cleveland.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@NYPOST_Berman: Phil Jackson said five different contract offers are on table. Thinks he will hear today but thought he'd hear day before too.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
tumblr_inline_mi575oLrLE1qz4rgp.gif

There's no excuses to be made bro.

They are essentially doing the exact same thing that they did in 2010... but worse, because they are content with where they are at. Let's just say, every single "move" this summer has been questionable to say the least.
Thats why I said what I said you have your views and me mine just don't feel like going back and forth about something neither one of us can change. Also don't want to hear all the complaining that's going on thats why I said fukk it ill just bow out and let y'all have it from that standpoint.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The bulls can amnesty boozer today thru the 16th or 17th and go sign lance stephenson,but because they don't want to pay boozer 16.8 mil to play elsewhere they'd rather acquire a player they don't need instead just to not amnesty boozer.

and they wonder why word on these streets is that they are cheap as hell.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dry:

It's like some of yal choose to believe what you want... even though there have been articles saying one thing dating back months ago. I remember hearing/seeing this shyt about Boozer only being amnestied if they could sign Melo (or another superstar) a while ago. I had to dig a little bit, but here for those who missed this...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rlos-boozer-unless-chicago-can-sign-superstar

Bulls Reportedly Won't Amnesty Carlos Boozer Unless Chicago Can Sign Superstar

Take a deep breath, Chicago Bulls fans.

Carlos Boozer may not be going anywhere after the 2013-14 season, despite the many rumors to the contrary that have popped up for what seems like years now. Even though the Bulls could save themselves a lot of money by using the amnesty clause on Boozer's contract over the summer, that might not be happening.

Craig Sager reported as much during the TNT broadcast of Chicago's final pre-All-Star-break game (h/t Blogabull.com):

Although Carlos Boozer started all 46 games he has played this year, he is down to a career low 2.8 minutes in the 4th quarter. And after Luol Deng was traded to Cleveland earlier this year, Boozer began to wonder about his own future with the team. He told me tonight that he has been assured that he will not be traded by next week's deadline, nor will the team buy out the final year of his contract this summer unless they can land a superstar which is too good to pass up.

Oh.

I can buy the lack of trading options, but assuming Sager meant to say "amnesty" instead of "buy out," how does that make sense? Boozer is set to earn $16.8 million during the 2014-15 season, according to ShamSports.com, and he comes nowhere close to justifying that type of contract.

Superstar or not—and Nikola Mirotic doesn't count as a superstar—the Bulls would be best off if they wiped his salary off the books. And as BullsBlogger writes, "The 'superstar' line would have one believe they'd only desire cap space if they could land Carmelo Anthony, or perhaps any of the three Heat stars also opting out of their contracts this summer."

Basketball-Reference shows that Chicago scores three fewer points per 100 possessions when Boozer is on the court, and his defense—or lack thereof—isn't making up for the difference. The Bulls allow an additional 3.5 points over the same time frame when the power forward is playing.

Amazingly enough, this is an improvement upon last year's numbers.

So obviously, Chicago should keep an overpaid player who makes the team worse on both ends of the floor. Granted, management will be responsible for paying Boozer, whether he's amnestied or not.

But isn't it far better to fill up the cap space with players who can, you know, actually make the team better?

None of this shyt is surprising to me. This article was written back in Feb. by the way.

Last edited:

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Mark Schanowski ‏@MarkSchanowski 1m

Given Melo's hesitancy to pull the trigger on going back to New York, have to wonder if Bulls regret not starting their offer around 20 mill

ChiTribSports ‏@ChiTribSports 19s

Bulls, NBA await word from Carmelo Anthony http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaki

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
:pachaha: the dumb ass bulls still waiting on melo huh? Meanwhile lebron about to form a younger big 3 in cleveland and the bulls will say we like our core blah,blah and "Pau and nikola bring international and championship experience and are terrific players and we like the depth we added and future flexibility" this that and the 3rd.I hope the spurs swoop in and take pau just to Force these cacs to go after lance.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mark Schanowski ‏@MarkSchanowski 1m

Given Melo's hesitancy to pull the trigger on going back to New York, have to wonder if Bulls regret not starting their offer around 20 mill

ChiTribSports ‏@ChiTribSports 19s

Bulls, NBA await word from Carmelo Anthony http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaki

Melo doesn't want to go back to NY man, that's why SAS said what he said today. The Bulls saw that shyt yesterday and were like... :whoa: and called his camp

If they cleared space he would be here IMO.

:manny:

Melo is only conflicted right now because he wants to win right now, but he also wants that 129M. Going back to NY he'll be playing with a Rookie Headcoach and next year is already going to be a bushes season.

The Bulls have done absolutely nothing to put pressure on Phil Jackson and the Knicks, and I find it absolutely hilarious that NOW people are putting two and two together about how dumb it was for them not to have at least 19 to 20M per year available for dude when they sat with him.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:manny:

Melo is only conflicted right now because he wants to win right now, but he also wants that 129M. Going back to NY he'll be playing with a Rookie Headcoach and next year is already going to be a bushes season.

The Bulls have done absolutely nothing to put pressure on Phil Jackson and the Knicks, and I find it absolutely hilarious that NOW people are putting two and two together about how dumb it was for them not to have at least 19 to 20M per year available for dude when they sat with him.
breh i laughed about that $$ situation weeks ago :laugh: