Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bulls should quasi play it safe and sign guys to deals no more than 2 years, especially since we don't know if Rose will bounce back. Overpay Gasol for a 2 yr deal, and go from there. If Rose shows out this year, make a move for DeMarcus Cousins next summer, build a package around Noah; picks, Mirotic, and McDermott and see if they bite.
:dahell:

:snoop:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Next summer(2015) Noah will be an expiring(FA in 2016) and the Bulls are in desperate need of scoring. Bulls are not known to draw high quality FA's, so it's not a stretch to say Chicago strikes out on LA/Love in 2015 and Horford/KD in 2016. Sure Noah is the heart and soul, but you desperately need scoring and Boogie does that and you can simply throw the ball to him in the post and get points. Taj provides help defense, so he coves Boogie's weakness.

Also Boogie on the books til 2018 for less than 17 mil, so you'd have around 20 mil to extend Jimmy and add extra pieces(shooters, bench pieces.)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Next summer(2015) Noah will be an expiring(FA in 2016) and the Bulls are in desperate need of scoring. Bulls are not known to draw high quality FA's, so it's not a stretch to say Chicago strikes out on LA/Love in 2015 and Horford/KD in 2016. Sure Noah is the heart and soul, but you desperately need scoring and Boogie does that and you can simply throw the ball to him in the post and get points. Taj provides help defense, so he coves Boogie's weakness.

Also Boogie on the books til 2018 for less than 17 mil, so you'd have around 20 mil to extend Jimmy and add extra pieces(shooters, bench pieces.)
Only way Cousins comes to Chicago is if there is an entirely new FO in place and a new head coach here. Thibs and Cousins already have a lil history together from when he coached him on team USA a few years back.

And I'm not looking forward that far man, shyt is depressing

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Only way Cousins comes to Chicago is if there is an entirely new FO in place and a new head coach here. Thibs and Cousins already have a lil history together from when he coached him on team USA a few years back.

And I'm not looking forward that far man, shyt is depressing

Y'all don't want Boogie out here, that goofy nikka might find his way into a Chief Keef video or some shyt.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Im not worried about Pau's age, he has a smooth game that is reliant on athleticism

I really really like Pau as a player, it just doesnt make sense with having Taj , trying to bring over Mirotic AND drafting Bairstow

You won't like Pau as a player once you recognize how :flabbynsick: he is. Dude is a liability on the defensive end, on offense he's a good facilitator out of the post but he doesn't get you buckets anymore.'

it's funny because I've always saw Cousins as a natural fit here and have wanted him in Chicago for a long time. when I play assocation on 2k I always trade for him or pick him up when his contract's up lol

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sun-Times Basketball ‏@suntimes_hoops 1m

Outside shot has been lethal, but explosiveness at the rim is way ahead of where he was in training camp last year. #DRoseReturns