Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

Daps
Turner is ass and cant shoot. He would be a terrible fit and with how the market is, he would probably cost like 5 or 6
$5m would be worth it (although I'd expect he'll get better offers than that), if it meant providing the bench with some playmaking/scoring.
Again, not sure what youre talking about in terms of down the road, we have capspace now, we wont going forward. We need to make moves now, this team is supposed to be competing for titles next season
Down the road in terms of not only SG additions (because there will be better options than Lance), but also other positions as well. You don't tie up all your money in a SG long-term, just because he happens to be the best available option at his position at the time. It makes zero sense - it only ends up resulting in another lost venture.

Lance isn't worth that risk. Plus not to mention, he'll never be a go-to shooter in this league because he's really a PG.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you wanna win now(title) you gotta be careful with who you choose. thats the point im tryna get at. just going and picking the best available guy might set us back or making a desperation move cause we lost out on the main prizes isnt smart. in the past people were desperate to get guys like courtney lee and oj mayo and look how their careers turned out.
And what would those two guys have costed us?

We could've got them both in a trade for Asik, a guy we let walk for absolutely nothing at the end of the season.

Lee signed a deal later that summer for about 5.3M a year

Daps
win now mode doesnt always work. look at the nets:sas2:. being desperate got us in this situation we still in right now with boozer.

signing boozer helped get us to the ECF and a 60 win team

rose going down is what has held up this team , not boozers contract

Don't you realize the Bulls are in this position because of Boozer - because his bum ass didn't pan out. This FO is inept as it is, let alone adding Boozer's contract to the mix. Do you really want another Boozer part 2 down the road when the FO can't move Stephenson to free up money to grab a better SG or better player in another spot?

Daps

We could've got them both in a trade for Asik, a guy we let walk for absolutely nothing at the end of the season.

Yeah I don't agree with those examples, but the principle still stands. We're not talking about signing Stephenson to a $5-6m contract, we're talking about a $50m, long-term contract.

bb4life

Rookie
Daps

was lee gonna get us past miami:comeon:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$5m would be worth it (although I'd expect he'll get better offers than that), if it meant providing the bench with some playmaking/scoring.

Down the road in terms of not only SG additions (because there will be better options than Lance), but also other positions as well. You don't tie up all your money in a SG long-term, just because he happens to be the best available option at his position at the time. It makes zero sense - it only ends up resulting in another lost venture.

Lance isn't worth that risk. Plus not to mention, he'll never be a go-to shooter in this league because he's really a PG.

Don't you realize the Bulls are in this position because of Boozer's contract? This FO is inept as it is, let alone adding Boozer's contract to the mix. Do you really want another Boozer part 2 down the road when the FO can't move Stephenson to free up money to grab a better SG or better player in another spot?

Signing Boozer at that time was the correct move, just like signing Lance now would be the correct move as well.

I dont know why you keep talking about better options down the line when we dont have capspace or flexibility moving forward. This is our summer to spend and improve the roster, now that we lost out on the big fish, we need to aggressively pursue the second tier of free agents.

If we were the New Orleans Pelicans or some middling team building up through the draft, I could see why tying up 12 a year on Lance could be a poor decision, but the Bulls need to be competing for titles NEXT season. We wont have capspace next summer, or the summer after that. The time is RIGHT now, not sure what you're not getting about that.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I'm sure we will botch a Kevin love deal cause we wouldn't want to part with a pick or some shyt like that
Well Mirotic is pretty much out of the mix entirely

Snell's useless because he'd have no place on the roster.

Butler's a Fegan client and Flip only wants to deal with Ricky's impending extension

The best y'all can do is Taj, McDermott (when in reality, Nurkic and Harris woulda been better) and distant picks

bb4life

Rookie
Daps
Signing Boozer at that time was the correct move, just like signing Lance now would be the correct move as well.

I dont know why you keep talking about better options down the line when we dont have capspace or flexibility moving forward. This is our summer to spend and improve the roster, now that we lost out on the big fish, we need to aggressively pursue the second tier of free agents.

If we were the New Orleans Pelicans or some middling team building up through the draft, I could see why tying up 12 a year on Lance could be a poor decision, but the Bulls need to be competing for titles NEXT season. We wont have capspace next summer, or the summer after that. The time is RIGHT now, not sure what you're not getting about that.

wheres this capspace flexibility goin if we dont choose to thow it all away this offseason:stopitslime:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I'm gonna hold out hope for a kevin love trade,desperation makes you more bold.I'm already convinced melo isn't coming to the bulls and I think he's waiting to see what bosh is gonna do keeping that miami option open before he re ups in new york.Lakers just a story to keep people thinking he's really pondering knicks or lakers.Why would you go to a team in the west,with kobe whose 35 going on 36,no coach,mad holes on the roster,fresh out the lottery and will pay you 33 mil less with one less guaranteed year :comeon: