Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A team might even offer him more than that. Not worth it. Ain't no point in a desperation move.
it aint a desperation move. this is the summer we have available capspace with this core, we need to spend NOW

capspace like this is not going to be possible moving forward

we need a 2 guard, hes the best available and fits alot of our needs

its a no brainer for me

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Bulls fo better salvage this summer.Hard to sell a fanbase on you being competent when you trade 2 draft picks one that was gift wrapped to you in a deep draft which could of got you a wing scorer,ball handler and/or shot creator,possibly miss out on a major free agent that you banked ALL your hopes on months ago and letting a potential 2nd tier player like lance go elsewhere cuz he doesn't fit your good boy yessa massa clean image like rose & deng.If they miss out of free agents a kevin love trade better be on deck or somethin

Last edited:
Daps
it aint a desperation move. this is the summer we have available capspace with this core, we need to spend NOW
How is it anything but a desperation move? Yall only want him because there's no other options.
capspace like this is not going to be possible moving forward

we need a 2 guard, hes the best available and fits alot of our needs

its a no brainer for me
And here you are saying it isn't a desperation move. Being the best available doesn't mean shyt, but the fact he's the best of a bad bunch. There's a handful of franchises that can offer him what he wants, it's best if yall don't get caught up in that.

Stephenson
Carter
Young
Stuckey
Allan
Anderson
Morrow

This will be his first REAL contract, his agent knows once Bron and Melo sort their business out, Stephenson will be next in line to capitalize on teams willing to spend.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is it anything but a desperation move? Yall only want him because there's no other options.

And here you are saying it isn't a desperation move. Being the best available doesn't mean shyt, but the fact he's the best of a bad bunch. There's a handful of franchises that can offer him what he wants, it's best if yall don't get caught up in that.

Stephenson
Carter
Young
Stuckey
Allan
Anderson
Morrow

This will be his first REAL contract, his agent knows once Bron and Melo sort their business out, Stephenson will be next in line to capitalize on teams willing to spend.
what do you propose as an alternative ? again, this is pur last summer to spend for a while

and lance isnt just the best sg available this summer, he was one of the best sg's in the league last season

• Dap
Reactions: 904
Daps
what do you propose as an alternative ? again, this is pur last summer to spend for a while
I've said before, if Melo doesn't come you'll just have to stand pat on filling that two-guard spot on the long-term. It ain't ideal, but there isn't much else - except for exploring trades. Yall don't wanna handcuff yourself to Lance just because he's the best available.

and lance isnt just the best sg available this summer, he was one of the best sg's in the league last season

Just goes to show how poor the SG position has become.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I'd go after Love in a trade and try to sign lance as a free agent.Everybody besides noah and rose should be expendable

Offer taj,mirotic,snell,mcbuckets,the kings pick + a future 1st and be willing to take back budinger or brewers contracts.That would allow them to sign lance and others if boozer was amnestied

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lance would be an alright signing at $12 million/year if it's only for a year or two. He's in that JR Smith bracket to me where I don't want that guy comfortable with a long term contract. Been too much of a knucklehead to put that kind of commitment in him.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've said before, if Melo doesn't come you'll just have to stand pat on filling that two-guard spot on the long-term. It ain't ideal, but there isn't much else - except for exploring trades. Yall don't wanna handcuff yourself to Lance just because he's the best available.

Just goes to show how poor the SG position has become.
so if we dont land melo, we should do nothing ? im not sure im following

again, this is the summer for us to spend. we dont have the luxury of waiting til next offseason

we need to be in win now mode for a multitude of reasons

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Sean Highkin @highkin 1 minute ago
Got an increasing feeling Gasol is going to end up on the Bulls once Melo re-signs with the Knicks.

why are we going so hard for gasol when we need a swing player???? are the bulls gonna trade gibson? hell, we got mirotic in the wings as well. and gasol cost way too much to simply be a backup C.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I thought I was the only one who peeped they lowkey cism

Yall see how quick they shipped JR Smith outta here when we had em:heh:.

I'm suprised they even entertained signing Melo tbh

shyt like this is why they went so hard to sign old :rip: when NO ONE else was trying to even sign dude at the time cuz he was showing signs of :flabbynsick: his last year in detroit.