Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is true, but after his 1st year, I think nikkas knew he wasn't "it"

I think we all were caught off guard with how horrible he was on defense, but I know for a fact that everybody wanted this dude gone after his 2nd year of this deal.
I honestly think we could have won a title in 2011-2012 if Rose didnt go down (which is why I dont completely shyt on the FO for not moving Asik before he became a FA)

Nobody would said shyt about Boozer if there was a parade in Chicago that summer

Point being, Rose's injuries held back this team more than Boozer's contract

Daps
Yet, they werent looking to get rid of Boozer when Rose was healthy and we were a certified 60 win team

:what:

Why would they look to get rid of Boozer during his first season, when he missed 20-odd games?

Signing Boozer was the right move at the time, Im not going to have some stupid revisionist history on that - all Bulls fans were happy with the move at the time, and happy with the move at the end of the 2010 season
Are you talking about in general or on :hamster:? Because I know the feeling back on the ol' board was of skepticism that may be Boozer wasn't the right piece. Dudes was shyttin on Boozer, because Bosh took him to school and didn't step up when Rose needed his help - especially in that last game, when he didn't do shyt. It was more of they were willing to give him another shot, because they certainly weren't happy.

Dude put up 14 ppg on 40% against the Heat, 13 ppg on 51% against the Hawks and 10 ppg on 35% against the Pacers in his first playoffs. You can't sit there and tell me dudes were happy with the move at the end of the season.

:usure:

Daps
As I recall most of us didn't get that sour on boozer til he disappeared in the playoffs

Most of our complaints were about our lack or great guard play.

Which is exactly what we are complaining about now
I think we're all in agreement, and have been for a long time, that there needs to be another playmaker, but at what cost tho? Yall really willing to go down the path of having another saga like this Boozer one?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:

Why would they look to get rid of Boozer during his first season, when he missed 20-odd games?

Are you talking about in general or on :hamster:? Because I know the feeling back on the ol' board was of skepticism that may be Boozer wasn't the right piece. Dudes was shyttin on Boozer, because Bosh took him to school and didn't step up when Rose needed his help - especially in that last game, when he didn't do shyt. It was more of they were willing to give him another shot, because they certainly weren't happy.

Dude put up 14 ppg on 40% against the Heat, 13 ppg on 51% against the Hawks and 10 ppg on 35% against the Pacers in his first playoffs. You can't sit there and tell me dudes were happy with the move at the end of the season.

:usure:
We'll have to agree to disagree since we're running in circles. I respect your opinion though

Just look at it from this angle, the Bulls are going to spend 6-12 on some wing help this offseason once they amnesty Booz and move Dunleavy - what better way to spend other than Lance?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LA is being leveraged it makes perfect sense
Something is odd about Melo not reupping with the Knicks at this point

Im leaning more to what Stephen A said about Melo holding out with the hopes Bosh will leave Miami and open a spot for him though

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It only took that first playoff run for me to see that Boozer wasn't going to be the secondary option for us. He was horrible and couldn't even finish games out in the 4th quarter because of his lack of defense.

Daps
We'll have to agree to disagree since we're running in circles. I respect your opinion though

Just look at it from this angle, the Bulls are going to spend 6-12 on some wing help this offseason once they amnesty Booz and move Dunleavy - what better way to spend other than Lance?
Don't give up on Melo just yet. :ufdup: