Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
we have no idea whether he or his people have reached out to Melo's camp

im guessing they have, this is a huge non-story

all rose is saying is that he wont be active in the process

Chicago fans know his stance. His camp should know the backlash it has received. Why repeat it?

You can have everything in the world, but still want to feel ...wanted...I know I would appreciate the gesture. What does Rose have to gain by being so stubborn? What's the point of having a superstar that won't do anything outside of playing basketball? Superstars aren't only transcending players, but they are ambassadors to the sport and the team. You can't just stay in your room and close the door when you have company...

Like it or not...That's what it is...

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The public really doesn't know shyt when it comes down to it, as far as what goes on in the league. However...Why put that out there like this?...His PR isn't the brightest. Not only has he not been playing, but he's publically announcing it's not his job to recruit? Can't throw us a bone?...

We're not asking you to hop in a Benny The Bull costume, but damn...Don't you owe Chicago AT LEAST that?....A text?...Show up at the negotiation?....People like that sort of appreciation..Small gesture...SOMETHING...
Yea...

Again...we are on the outside so we, as fans, do not know the intricacies but...

Why are you acting like people are asking you to do an informercial asking Melo to come to the Bulls.

Has it been confirmed whether or not Rose actually said "I'd rather have Love than Melo"? It seems to me that Rose just DOES NOT want to give up that "NO. 1 star" or even have it threatened.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Why are you acting like people are asking you to do an informercial asking Melo to come to the Bulls.

Has it been confirmed whether or not Rose actually said "I'd rather have Love than Melo"? It seems to me that Rose just DOES NOT want to give up that "NO. 1 star" or even have it threatened.

I agree with the bolded.I'm banking all my hopes on the bulls team,thibs and being one elite scorer away from a championship team as the selling points for melo.Can't count on rose he's proven that

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Former Bulls executive Jeff Wohlschlager went to Los Angeles to hand deliver a Bulls' iPad to Carlos Boozer, the man the Bulls would ultimately land after striking out with LeBron James, Dwyane Wadeand Bosh. It was a presentation, and gift, that clearly left an impression on Boozer.

"I was in L.A. meeting with [ Miami Heat president Pat Riley]," Boozer recalled in 2011. "I think it had to be like midnight Eastern time or whatever that day, so it was like 9 West Coast time or something. I was going to have dinner with [the Heat], and right at 9 o'clock at night, a dude knocks on my door and I'm like, 'What's poppin'?'"

Wohlschlager handed Boozer a briefcase.

"I pop open the briefcase, and it's an iPad with an intro to the team and the players that they had. The history, showing the championships that they had won in the past. Showing how good we can be if I came ... On the briefcase, there was a big Bulls logo. It was like a titanium briefcase, and you opened it up and it had the iPad sitting there, and it had a big picture of me in a Bulls uniform."
:ohhh: sounded dope tho

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
To that point, while the Bulls have been hesitant to reveal whether Rose will be part of any formal pitch, what seems clear is that All-Star center Joakim Noah will be at the forefront of whatever the Bulls decide to do with Anthony. Thibodeau acknowledged that Noah likely will be involved in some way last week and it makes sense given the fact that Noah and Anthony have known each other for more than a decade. The pair spent their formative basketball years within the northeast AAU circuit and have a lot of respect for each other's game.

Noah enjoys playing the role of lead recruiter, a role he thrived in during his time at the University of Florida with both basketball and football players. He would be more than willing to take Anthony around the city and sell him on being a Bull, much the same way he did with Bosh back in 2010. This time, he hopes the results are a little different. Noah was convinced Bosh was going to sign with the Bulls after their meetings, only to find out that Bosh opted to go to Miami to sign with James, Wade and the Heat.

"I thought [Bosh] wanted to come to Chicago," Noah said during an interview in August of 2010.

Four years later, Noah has to hope he can send a message to Anthony that sticks with him throughout the course of the next week when he meets with other teams and other players.

As part of the pitch, the Bulls are also likely to chauffeur Anthony to their new downtown practice facility. After years of making players drive, and usually live, out in the suburbs, the Bulls are about to open a new state-of-the-art facility later this summer that sits right across the street from the United Center. It's a big selling point for an organization that now sell players on being just a short drive from downtown Chicago.

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago
Thibs on espn1000 dancing around questions about rose not playin on team usa and lack of recruitment from him. Said something along the lines of "we dont know the context in which it was said" :wtb: