Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:what: the bulls haven't even had their meeting with melo yet.It would be hilarious if melo decides to come here a lot of ya'll gonna look dumb
I don't think we getting Melo either but how some are acting you can tell this just some offseason chatter. You gotta let them cook even though I know I want to reply the same way. Truth is get Melo or not we won't know what's good until we start playing but we could be paper champs now and that's what some want. I understand that since its summer time just isn't really my thing.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They saying bulls is interested in parsons.... Bothers me because he seems like a guy that thibs would want.... And I can see Chicago takin the cheaper route and going after him after the big names done cleared out....
Makes the McDermott pick even more suspect if they get Parsons...

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, im still confused on why you aggressively move up to draft someone who brings the same things to our team as Mirotic

Doug can score in so many ways effectively, catch/shoot, coming off screens, off his own dribble - the guy is just a flat out ace shooter. Unlimited range, quick release ... I am just drooling over his shooting the more I watch and read up on him. He has a pull up, has a step back, has the dirk like fade away. I think he will be able to get shots off on his own

Im not worried about his defense, thats why we have Thibs

I think I prefer Doug over Mirotic :ld:

you should worry about his defense, it's non-existent. What did he have 14 blocks his entire career?

we all say , don't worry about defense Thibs it a genius. How did that work for Boozer? If a guy is bad at defense and doesn't have the attributes to play good defense, there's nothing Thibs can do.

His scoring looked great, but the difference between him and a Dirk is that Dirk legitimately has about 3-4 inches on him, not including reach. JJ Redikk comes to mind and it took him quite a bit to become a better than average player in the NBA. So I don't expect McDermott to do anything you see in the highlight film at all - I don't think he will be able to do that against NBA talents. Now, he will still be a lights out catch and shoot/spot up shooter....but as I've said the whole week, we over "paid" for him with 2 draft picks.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you should worry about his defense, it's non-existent. What did he have 14 blocks his entire career?

we all say , don't worry about defense Thibs it a genius. How did that work for Boozer? If a guy is bad at defense and doesn't have the attributes to play good defense, there's nothing Thibs can do.

His scoring looked great, but the difference between him and a Dirk is that Dirk legitimately has about 3-4 inches on him, not including reach. JJ Redikk comes to mind and it took him quite a bit to become a better than average player in the NBA. So I don't expect McDermott to do anything you see in the highlight film at all - I don't think he will be able to do that against NBA talents. Now, he will still be a lights out catch and shoot/spot up shooter....but as I've said the whole week, we over "paid" for him with 2 draft picks.
Boozer doesnt even put out the effort, you cant use him as an example

Korver & MDJ did not bother me as defenders - Thibs will make sure Doug is giving 100% effort and will be able to plug him into our defense. I dont need him blocking shots or getting steals, I need him to rotate correctly and work his ass off, which by all accounts he will do.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Makes the McDermott pick even more suspect if they get Parsons...

Definitely and agreed, you take Parsons over McDermott any day of the week - not sure why Houston let him go, when he was on contract for only $1m.

He's probably going to get at least 5-7 mil

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boozer doesnt even put out the effort, you cant use him as an example

Korver & MDJ did not bother me as defenders - Thibs will make sure Doug is giving 100% effort and will be able to plug him into our defense. I dont need him blocking shots or getting steals, I need him to rotate correctly and work his ass off, which by all accounts he will do.

Korver was always a "solid" defender. MDJ as well. Don't want to just use stats, but Korver did avg 1.3 steals a game and .5 blocks a game. McDermott in college only mustered 14 blocksin 4 years at 6'8.

Boozer regressed and it wasn't just effort, he reaction and foot speed always were lacking and lateral quickness. That's the same thing McDermott has an issue with.

On the flip side, he won't be asked to shoulder the offesnive load - so lets see if he makes more of a commitment to defense, but at SF/PF being the weakest link will be a problem.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if they will be sending Mirotic to NY

That's what I suggested that the bulls can :camby: mirotic to the t wolves or knicks in a trade and red broussard claims the bulls aren't trading him period.They gotta send something back as incentive for the knicks to do a sign n trade especially to take back boozer since that's what the bulls prefer

I don't think we getting Melo either but how some are acting you can tell this just some offseason chatter. You gotta let them cook even though I know I want to reply the same way. Truth is get Melo or not we won't know what's good until we start playing but we could be paper champs now and that's what some want. I understand that since its summer time just isn't really my thing.

Deep down I really don't think the bulls gonna get him either cuz of rose but I think they have a very strong chance and who knows thibs and whoever else attends that meeting can sell him but I'm not gonna be on that negative "here we go again" bullshyt like these other cats we don't know whats gonna happen.If they can sign n trade him here that increases the chances cuz melo will get his dough(which is all that really matters) AND the chance to win

Last edited:

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@7oclock how did we overpay when we wanted to get rid of one of the picks anyway? Who should they have got that wouldn't have been overpriced?

you overpaid because you still picked up Anthony from the Nuggets. YOu could have traded one of the picks for future considerations or a 2nd rounder. You basically gave away one pick (which you could have just saved and not used at all) to move up 5 spots?

If you were going to bring Anthony in and potentially Mirotic (both who can play SF/PF) why would you also pick up a tweener in McDermott - whose skillsets are very similiar to Melo and Mirotic? If you think about it we have 3 SF/PF players, who can all shoot, all are seemingly poor at defense, all around the same size, and all will be new to the system.

as someone pointed out, we don't have a quality SG - unless you're going with Jimmy who shot sub 40% last year and didn't look like he could break defenses down.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Stauskas is the guy I wanted them to go get. I was hoping Sactown was selecting for us when they took him at 8.

:sadbron:
They are the same player Nik just seems a little more athletic IMO. We will see though.

@7oclock regarding Doug I just have a wait and see attitude. If he isn't right ill be the first one to say y'all was right but I gotta see it first.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are the same player Nik just seems a little more athletic IMO. We will see though.

@7oclock regarding Doug I just have a wait and see attitude. If he isn't right ill be the first one to say y'all was right but I gotta see it first.

Nik has better handles, a defined position, size at the position, and looks to play solid defense. I

we are going to regret not taking Hood or Harris