Facebook acquired Oculus Rift for $2 billion

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Somebody needs to stop Zuckerberg. I have less trust in fb than Google, but if Google bought the OR, at least it would be a usable product. Remember that FB phone OS :dead:

Sad news for pc gaming today. :to:

*plays game with rift. "you have 4 new notifications" scrolls across the screen along with an ad. Mutombo gif*

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Wait, why has sony won in all of this? I dont know much about this situation...

They haven't, OR is already on V3 of there dev kit and this is a actual kit in the hands of hundreds of devs and thousands of user's, I've noticed a lot of dudes hyping the morpheus simply based on the fact it's going to be made by Sony.

OR has a very active community and anyone that has used it has called it the the future of technology,.

Still with all that said this Facebook move could either be very good or very bad, it's a well known fact that the OR team needs the money they have been slow bringing a retail model out and besides tweaking the specs money has been the real issue, this Facebook acquisition solves all that in the snap of a finger

On the other hand a lot of people both average and in high places resent Facebook for there invasion of privacy etc OR could catch some of that backlash

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
They haven't, OR is already on V3 of there dev kit and this is a actual kit in the hands of hundreds of devs and thousands of user's, I've noticed a lot of dudes hyping the morpheus simply based on the fact it's going to be made by Sony.

OR has a very active community and anyone that has used it has called it the the future of technology,.

Still with all that said this Facebook move could either be very good or very bad, it's a well known fact that the OR team needs the money they have been slow bringing a retail model out and besides tweaking the specs money has been the real issue, this Facebook acquisition solves all that in the snap of a finger

On the other hand a lot of people both average and in high places resent Facebook for there invasion of privacy etc OR could catch some of that backlash

But at what cost? I see devs leaving in droves (some already have). OR took the short (albiet big) money, but lost the long (probably much bigger) money.

FB is not a hardware company. This is a stupid move on FB's side too. I don't see my girl (and let's be honest mainly girls use fb) putting on a VR headset to chat with friends.

OR shoulda took that sony money with some sort of futures or something

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But at what cost? I see devs leaving in droves (some already have). OR took the short (albiet big) money, but lost the long (probably much bigger) money.

FB is not a hardware company. This is a stupid move on FB's side too. I don't see my girl (and let's be honest mainly girls use fb) putting on a VR headset to chat with friends.

OR shoulda took that sony money with some sort of futures or something

Yea unfortunately you lose some and you win some but money talks bullshyt walks for each dev they lose they bout to gain like five

It's true FB ain't a hardware company but OR is one and if FB can manage to keep them separate who knows and Yea I'll say this much o.r MUST stick to its gaming roots and not go all social in order for there original dream to succeed

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO

That community is in shambles now, they all saying fukk OR cuz of this.
Sony won :wow:
Sony ain't never do me wrong from PS1 to PS4
Thank you based sony :banderas:

Stupid ass backers yall shoulda been sending ya money to Sony gawds.
fukking idiots its ok we will welcome yall lost sheep with open arms :wow:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
We bout to get some e-p*ssy? :wow:

tumblr_n30vmqBOft1t68g0fo1_400.gif

:mjlol:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
facebook is positioning itself as the leader in online communication and have acquired threats like instagram and things that have a growing user base like whatsapp that can one day be a revenue stream

I don't get the Oculus Rift other than Facebook feels its a viable future piece of technology that could be used beyond gaming like skype type calls where you feel the person is there with you...which is kind of creepy lol

but I feel Facebook is positioning itself well for the future and a good company to invest in

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
facebook is positioning itself as the leader in online communication and have acquired threats like instagram and things that have a growing user base like whatsapp that can one day be a revenue stream

I don't get the Oculus Rift other than Facebook feels its a viable future piece of technology that could be used beyond gaming like skype type calls where you feel the person is there with you...which is kind of creepy lol

but I feel Facebook is positioning itself well for the future and a good company to invest in

Meh. I would hope that a lot of the support and developers for the OR go over to Sony now.