Facebook acquired Oculus Rift for $2 billion

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:mjlol:

21 year-olds shouldn't run companies (or maybe they should....)

Carmack left id for this too :mjlol:

I was saying "more money" as in the funding for development

it could be that facebook just wanted to invest in the tech, and not so much that they want something that ties into their existing service :ld:

my glass is half full

...of tears :sadbron:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I was saying "more money" as in the funding for development

it could be that facebook just wanted to invest in the tech, and not so much that they want something that ties into their existing service :ld:

my glass is half full

...of tears :sadbron:
Oh, I was just making fun of Palmer. I think he did it to put more money in his pocket; I don't care what he says. He isn't convincing anybody on reddit either.

:sadbron: all around

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
:heh: at them fakkits on Kickstarter. "You sold us out to Facebook. We believed in you" :bryan:

I'd sell all them fakkits out for $2 billion dollars. Fukk they think this is? :heh: They can all get their money back too. Thanks.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Why did facebook buy this company seriously??? What is the long term goal?

from a business stand point im still not seeing the real long term positives for facebook.

-2 billion down the drain on technology that i believe will work but still isnt proven to be successful

-quickly growing negative feelings towards oculus rift on the internet. its gonna get a whole lot worse

-a lot of pissed off kickstarters. the fukking people who believed in you since the beginning have turned their backs on you within 24 hours, can't say that's too good

-branding that ALREADY has negative and :flabbynsick: connotations. by the time this goes commerical facebook will be myspace status

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Meh. I would hope that a lot of the support and developers for the OR go over to Sony now.

See below....... :mjpls:
Looks like Devs are already flocking to Dat Morpheus..... :blessed:

N4O stay :win:
datmorpheus.png

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: let's not forget something here the kickstarter people got there money's worth as far as OR obligation with them

::heh: contribute to crowd funding and think you own a company brehs

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
They should be forced to give that kickstarter money back

isn't this basically the point of kickstarter? fund something so it can get off the ground, and eventually become more mainstream. it seems people are just butthurt because they don't like Facebook being involved. if a company Valve decided to buy OR, everyone would be calling it a 'win'